Farewell Goodison Park. A mother, a servant, a guardian, a beloved home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are they going to have on site when we move grounds?
The plans written up and announced at an Everton AGM were that they would build two blocks of flats, three storey if I remember correctly, with a small garden park in between. That was about four or five years ago and announced when Bill and Denise were running the club after Moshiri in his wisdom had left those two rotters in charge.

God knows what the plans are now!

goodison-aerial-1.webp

This is the Goodison I was sad to see go. The current place, for me, is a mish mash.

Same for most, I reckon. The ground that you were introduced to is the one that lives with you.

20240129_174458.webp
20240129_174441.webp

These where the last plans released by the club, sometime ago now and before our finances where as terrible as they are now. There was 2 previous sets of plans,, that where both more ambitious so likely to end up with further scaled back developments.

Imagine the club was first happy to let the land go for free/nominal fees to developers proposing viable plans for the site. With the state of our finances atm they may just be happy getting a fee from a developer that just puts a load of houses/apartments on there

They should redevelop Goodison. Sorry this is not a Tom Hughes tribute act.

I think it needs to be rebuilt for the women's team. Which would serve a purpose but also keep a stadium on the site. There would be ample room around the new stadium to add some new homes and community buildings.

They should redevelop Goodison. Sorry this is not a Tom Hughes tribute act.

I think it needs to be rebuilt for the women's team. Which would serve a purpose but also keep a stadium on the site. There would be ample room around the new stadium to add some new homes and community buildings.
With a few more quid in the bank this could be a good option.

At least keep the bullens and street end.

Knock down the other two stands (I like the quirks of the main stand but it's a terrible design overall) and replace with small stands

Open up the church to the ground

It would be pretty good I think. I imagine the maintenance costs would probably stop it happening in reality

Closely followed by walking up the steps and that vivid green pitch comes in to sight. Always got to me.
The green pitch illuminated by the many floodlights really is something special .

I read someone who’d written that when you’re standing there and it’s like that and zcars sounds were amongst the luckiest people in the world . Because if we could be anywhere doing anything many of us would choose that . It’s just always stuck with me .

When it’s time to leave I’ll certainly miss the old lady and there will be a tear in my eye and seat under my arm as I shuffle out on that last day .

Some people are on a different planet.

As if the club would consider keeping and paying for the on-going costs of running and managing a 40k seater stadium for the womens team who currently play on a park and generate literally no income.

With all due respect if you're referring to me, I said nothing of the sort.

Perhaps the word 'rebuilt' might give you a little clue.

It needs to be flattened and rebuilt as a non-league type ground.

Does that sound a bit clearer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back