Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
I'm hearing this a lot, but it confounds the info we have that this has been in place provisionally for 12 months. So, no, I dont feel the need to give this feller a lot of slack on making key announcements.

Once the PL ratify this deal then we should have an exhaustive account from him and the club concerning the plan he's got for us.

We're not Accrington Stanley, we are Everton and we deserve to be treated like the 4th most successful club in English history. Our fans have to be consulted about all this. Silence and just moving on to the summer with vague wish lists wont cut it, I'm afraid.
you burn my head out the rants you go on mate lol give the fella a chance .

This is a great point. We know that Kenwright & Woods together now own less than 19%, and the breakdown of what they now individually own will be interesting when it is revealed. It's possible that Granchester will own bigger percentage share than Woods, yet Woods will be on the board and Granchester won't be.

Which makes Granchester a potentially interesting ally for Moshiri in the future.
Isn't Grantchester's Ma still the owner of the estate?

People understand that being worth £1.3 billion doesn't mean you have it in the bank yeah?

That applies to pretty much every billionaire. John W Henry is worth £200m less than Moshiri, and Henry doesn't have £1.1 billion in the bank either.

What it does mean, if you're that rich, is that you probably do know other massively rich people that might be able to help.

That applies to pretty much every billionaire. John W Henry is worth £200m less than Moshiri, and Henry doesn't have £1.1 billion in the bank either.

What it does mean, if you're that rich, is that you probably do know other massively rich people that might be able to help.
More importantly it means you can leverage borrowings at sensible rates

Doesn't really matter if he's worth £1bn, £1.5bn or £2bn, it doesn't make any difference in the scheme of things. It's his business acumen and contacts that will really make the difference.

And estimates can be wide of the mark. Share prices, sales and transfers and the such which are complex and not reported or known means that Moshiri could be reported as worth a lot more come the next forbes billionaires list (which I think comes in March).

The Wikipedia entry for British billionaires list has Moshiri at number 17 with $2.8 billion in 2014. Personally I think he is worth a lot more than £1.3 billion. The £200m for 15% of Arsenal imo is also wide of the mark, but who knows.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back