Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
I find that a little low myself like , the very same Forbes valued his wealth at $ 2.8 billion in August 2013.

He's either got a bad habit or the back of his settee is stuffed full of Russian Ruble's.
Price of oil has taken a beating in that time, as have steel companies. There's no surprise if his wealth today is a bit lower.

With the money in the game it doesn't really matter, sure he won't be throwing his money about anyway. It's the fact he is business savvy that excites me, that and the inevitable sacking of the arrogant tango man Elstone.

i think regarding the usmanov thing.

It is very possible he could follow, if you judge on their past business ventures it is very rare where one goes, the other does not follow.

That is not to say Moshiri might have not fancied breaking away from the mould, and attempting to forge his own career but at a club that will require a lot of investment and work on i do believe it is unlikely usmanov will not be involved at some point.

Both of them as a joint alliance have been attempting to purchase arsenal outright for years, it is very plausible to assume they have given up and decided to do what they had planned with a new club, i.e us.

It has been years of trying to do something with arsenal and it just hasn't come off because of their other owners, here it will be much easier for them BOTH to implement things they would like and everton really do have a lot of things going for us, we could become a very good business venture and project.

Like i said it is not certain that Usmanov will join his friend, but judging by the past it is very likely that it could happen, and it just gives Usmanov time to sell his shares to the best bidder at Arsenal, Whilst still having insight into everton with Moshiri running things until Usmanov can come on board.

All guess work, though but i wouldn't be surprised, at all.

Unlikely IMO but plausible.

I hope so and I hope he gets a proper Everton welcome from the fans and I also hope he falls in love with us as a club.

And then phones usmanov evey night saying how great our club is and how he feels so loved by the fans.

Not sure about other folk but when I first heard this news I wondered if John Moores had been resurrected!

Someone got out of bed the wrong side this morning...
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...verton-fcs-moshiri-investment-raises-10962640
He added: “If that’s the case and this is the bit that people sometimes get carried away with, if Robert Earl had a £10million investment in Everton then it would seem that he’s sold that - but we don’t know for how much because it’s a private transaction.

“In terms of Everton, the club is no better off. There’s been no indication that there’s any extra money for players, a stadium project or whatever.

“All this announcement says is that 17,465 shares have traded hands. It doesn’t tell us whose 17,465 shares have been sold, it just tells us who has acquired them. “It also doesn’t tell us the price at which those 17,465 shares have been acquired.

“For illustration, if you believe the initially reported figure that they were sold for £175million – although a lot of subsequent reports are now saying it was nowhere near that – then you’re looking at £10,000 a share but we don’t know that figure.”

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back