Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
From my understanding the echo article from the financial expert is right, why would someone put money into the club when he isn't the majority share holder?? The money put in either needs to be matched by others or that there is a deal in place to buyer other shares in the immediate future to own the club.
Wow have you missed the last 120 pages mate.

Someone got out of bed the wrong side this morning...
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...verton-fcs-moshiri-investment-raises-10962640
He added: “If that’s the case and this is the bit that people sometimes get carried away with, if Robert Earl had a £10million investment in Everton then it would seem that he’s sold that - but we don’t know for how much because it’s a private transaction.

“In terms of Everton, the club is no better off. There’s been no indication that there’s any extra money for players, a stadium project or whatever.

“All this announcement says is that 17,465 shares have traded hands. It doesn’t tell us whose 17,465 shares have been sold, it just tells us who has acquired them. “It also doesn’t tell us the price at which those 17,465 shares have been acquired.

“For illustration, if you believe the initially reported figure that they were sold for £175million – although a lot of subsequent reports are now saying it was nowhere near that – then you’re looking at £10,000 a share but we don’t know that figure.”
The bitter kopite side of the bed you mean

Someone got out of bed the wrong side this morning...
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...verton-fcs-moshiri-investment-raises-10962640
He added: “If that’s the case and this is the bit that people sometimes get carried away with, if Robert Earl had a £10million investment in Everton then it would seem that he’s sold that - but we don’t know for how much because it’s a private transaction.

“In terms of Everton, the club is no better off. There’s been no indication that there’s any extra money for players, a stadium project or whatever.

“All this announcement says is that 17,465 shares have traded hands. It doesn’t tell us whose 17,465 shares have been sold, it just tells us who has acquired them. “It also doesn’t tell us the price at which those 17,465 shares have been acquired.

“For illustration, if you believe the initially reported figure that they were sold for £175million – although a lot of subsequent reports are now saying it was nowhere near that – then you’re looking at £10,000 a share but we don’t know that figure.”
That article is absolutely spot on and echos the posts I've been making.

In hard terms this Moshiri purchase doesn't change anything because of the % ownership and the probable unwillingness not to give the other shareholders a free ride. Beardwood is right to point that out.

The upbeat mood can be retained though IF (as I've been saying) Moshiri comes out and makes a FULL statement on the plan he has for us. Otherwise this is looking like the Earl takeover all over again with the prospect only of a game changer.

In hard terms this Moshiri purchase doesn't change anything because of the % ownership and the probable unwillingness not to give the other shareholders a free ride. Beardwood is right to point that out.

The upbeat mood can be retained though IF (as I've been saying) Moshiri comes out and makes a FULL statement on the plan he has for us. Otherwise this is looking like the Earl takeover all over again with the prospect only of a game changer.
Yawn.

Nonsense.

I'm catious about this, it all seems a bit odd, the article in the echo is in fact a very good one. There is so much we don't know yet and the deal is strange overall. The figure of 49.9% of the shares leaves so many unanswered questions. Really all that's happened is that shares have changed hands and we have a new majority share holder but the 49.9% figures raises a lot of questions.

Is this an investment, similar to what we saw with earl? If not why didn't he buy a controlling interest? It certainly creates uncertainty in terms of how actively he wants to be involved. Why would you put your own money into something you don't own wholly?

There are big question to be answered here I'm neither condoning or damning this - but it strikes me as a very odd deal and intentions need to be clarified.

This may or may not be the golden goose.

Disagree completely on all three points Dave but if you won't listen to @The Esk then not a chance of me convincing you otherwise lol

Be happy mate, at least wait until tomorrow to worry!

People like to give out about Bill Kenwright but I have always felt that his biggest crime was not being wealthy enough to be able to drive the club forward as it needed to be.
I have never doubted his commitment to the club.

I think that this may be a very clever and innovative deal.
Moshiri will already be the biggest shareholder at the club by some considerable distance... but does not have a shareholding that could force through a deal so bad that every other shareholder objected to it.
I think that there may be other conditions which, if fulfilled, would continue to increase the shareholding of Moshiri as those conditions are filled.

This would give him an increasing share of an asset that should also be increasing in value if he is able to move the club back to where we all know where it should be...at the very top.

Obviously we have little or no detail of the nature of the deal or whose shares have transferred. But , I do think the above scenario may not be far wrong.

I'm catious about this, it all seems a bit odd, the article in the echo is in fact a very good one. There is so much we don't know yet and the deal is strange overall. The figure of 49.9% of the shares leaves so many unanswered questions. Really all that's happened is that shares have changed hands and we have a new majority share holder but the 49.9% figures raises a lot of questions.

Is this an investment, similar to what we saw with earl? If not why didn't he buy a controlling interest? It certainly creates uncertainty in terms of how actively he wants to be involved. Why would you put your own money into something you don't own wholly?

There are big question to be answered here I'm neither condoning or damning this - but it strikes me as a very odd deal and intentions need to be clarified.

This may or may not be the golden goose.
Spot on mate.

Time for a full explanation. Can you imagine the Kopites putting up with the ambiguity of this situation? No chance.

Pretty much where I am with this. Good post, to much uncertainty surrounding this with very little detail. It's an odd deal!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back