Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
how about we trust the vastly more intelligent and better businessman in Moshiri, than some weirdo beardwood who screams of annoyance that no ones offered to buy his seriously minute shares.

That all sounds very plausible, but it does cut across the sale message so far that the way things stand share ownership wise is a good and sensible structure, because it places a check on the actions of one large (new) shareholder.

If what you say is the plan, then I can only say that the way they've initially structured this deal has been head scratchingly bad. The Beardwood article wont be the last, as you probably know.

I'm not sure in what context you consider it to be bad Dave?

It's the clearest statement of intent, and actual commitment to Everton I have seen. I am perfectly at ease with how it is structured and what the consequences of the deal will be.

I am sure Mr Moshiri will be communicating with us all the moment the transaction is ratified by the Premier League.

I suspect the club were forced into making the announcement on the back of the press speculation which was probably not planned. It may well have been their intent that the deal would be ratified before publication, thus allowing for a fuller explanation.

I'm fine with whatever as long as we prevent some of these soft tissue injuries ffs.

No need to worry anymore Zirc. With our new found wealth we can purchase these. No more soft tissue injuries guaranteed

th

I think there's a reason related to the secured Prudential loan why he hasn't taken a overall majority immediately - I thought I had the papers at home but do not, will check tomorrow.

This is a friendly takeover, there's no argument among the major shareholders, there's absolutely no reason to be concerned over the current size of his holdings.
Do you think if he goes for the majority he would do it by himself or would he look to bring other people with money in?

I'm certainly not expecting anything at 9pm on a Sunday night a few hours after he took over so I just find the worrying about it right at this moment, rather than say next week, utterly bizarre :p

And no, if we had complete radio silence for a couple of weeks then I might start to wonder but am prepared to cross that bridge later in the unlikely event it happens.
So two weeks down the line when you cross that bridge what is your strategy?

Can someone ask the RAWK poster 'Laughter is the best medicine' over on RAWK if 'laughter really is the best medicine', especially after losing a cup final on penalties? Or does quoting my GOT posts from this thread on RAWK 45 minutes after said defeat cheer you up instead?

For the record in the last 11 years, Everton finished 4th, 11th, 6th, 5th, 5th, 8th, 7th, 7th, 6th, 5th, 11th. Finishing in the top 7 is 'knocking on the door of the top 4', and that's 8 out of the last 11 years. Two of those seasons were finished above LFC.

Carry on lurking my RAWK friends, your jealousy and feelings of being threatened by the newly-minted Blues over on RAWK is hilarious.

Can someone ask the RAWK poster 'Laughter is the best medicine' over on RAWK if 'laughter really is the best medicine', especially after losing a cup final on penalties? Or does quoting my GOT posts on RAWK 45 minutes after said defeat cheer you up instead?

For the record in the last 11 years, Everton finished 4th, 11th, 6th, 5th, 5th, 8th, 7th, 7th, 6th, 5th, 11th. Finishing in the top 7 is 'knocking on the door of the top 4', and that's 8 out of the last 11 years. Two of those seasons were finished above LFC.

Carry on lurking my RAWK friends, your jealousy and feelings of being threatened by the newly-minted Blues over on RAWK is hilarious.
Are they fewmin'?

I'm certainly not expecting anything at 9pm on a Sunday night a few hours after he took over so I just find the worrying about it right at this moment, rather than say next week, utterly bizarre :p

And no, if we had complete radio silence for a couple of weeks then I might start to wonder but am prepared to cross that bridge later in the unlikely event it happens.
Yes.

We've waited years for this, a little more patience certainly won't hurt.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back