Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
I think some believe it's a matter of pissing on other's chips. Not a bit of it. I know others must have concerns too.

We need communication.

I get it Dave with Everton, there always has to be skepticism, pessimism etc, but maybe for this next few days, relieve yourself of all that and just dream of what might be in the not too distant future. Even if it all goes to pot, at least you had a weekend in February where you dreamt of buying the best players, having the best stadium and being the cream of the crop...oh and the icing on the cake, the RS losing in a cup final. That my friend, no matter what happens can never be taken away from you.

:zzz::zzz:(Goes back to dreaming of spending 150 million on new players in the summer transfer window and winning the league next season)

I wouldn't think he made a loss on his Arsenal shareholding less, in fact quite a healthy profit. I believe he Prob significantly less for the 49.9 shareholding in Everton on the bases that he is the majority shareholder and 49.9% of the PL tv deals etc at rate of growth might be a sounder investment then 20% as a pretty powerless minority share holder.

I'm not critising this guy, I just think we should be cautious until we know his intentions.

From what I read, he bought his 15% for 80m, sold it for 200m.

The guy looks too much like a bond villain to be a failure. I mean, come on...

MOSHIRI-EFC_3584049b.jpg

Now compare.....

tom-werner_1755093c.jpg

I rest my case. I actually think we will win another derby before I get my telegram from George VII.
He has the look of an immortal to me... He's at least sampled human blood. But you know, that's not necessarily something to worry us.

I'm not asking for anything now. I'm saying the next few days. That's fair enough for such a momentous development isn't it?

Davek, the deal needs to be ratified by the Premier League first. It will be a formality, but it's the equivalent of signing a player - you wait for him to pass the medical and sign the contract before telling everyone how great he is and what his ambitions are.

Some very brief comments had to be made in the club statement, but other than that, things need to wait until it's made 'official' official.

The guy looks too much like a bond villain to be a failure. I mean, come on...

MOSHIRI-EFC_3584049b.jpg

Now compare.....

tom-werner_1755093c.jpg

I rest my case. I actually think we will win another derby before I get my telegram from George VII.

I just hope he's a good person and gets the blue bug, realising how much of an influence this club has had throughout the sports' history. There's a lot of honest good to embrace about Everton Football Club.

Innovators, not imitators.

Mate, what Moshiri has done is this:

He's acquired 17,465 shares from existing shareholders giving him a 49.9% stake. He will have the agreement of the existing large shareholders particularly Woods and Kenwright to start making the changes he feels necessary for the club as a business to run better. He will also no doubt, continue conversations with Liverpool City Council to see if a suitable solution can be found for either a new stadium or a redeveloped Goodison. He will have a budget in mind as to the likely costs and will have discussed this already with Kenwright.

In the next few months he will prioritise the areas that need capital, and once the amount of capital required is determined , it is most likely the club will issue more shares which he will purchase thereby making him the majority holder. He may also acquire further shares from existing shareholders around the same time.

So for example lets say for argument sake he decides to inject £150,000,000 into the club for initial funding of the stadium solution, working capital and some squad additions.

Using a pre money valuation of £175,000,000 the club would issue with shareholder approval, 30,000 shares valued at £5,000 each. Moshiri would acquire all the shares, putting £150,000,000 into the club. He would then own 47,465 shares of the 65,000 shares in issue giving him 73.02% of the club. If he purchased a further 1285 shares he would have 75% giving him total control. The new shares issued may be the same class as existing shares or may carry some preferences in terms of voting or dividends - however dividends are not going to be the issue here.

He might have the agreement of existing shareholders to acquire the rest of their shares upon different benchmarks - for example, agreement of stadium, initial stadium works, or completion of stadium - those details may or may not come out into the public domain.

His initial purchase is just the first phase - it enables him to make the changes necessary to prepare the business for the capital it requires - he will fund the capital in return for an increased stake in the business. This is standard business practice.
That all sounds very plausible, but it does cut across the sale message so far that the way things stand share ownership wise is a good and sensible structure, because it places a check on the actions of one large (new) shareholder.

If what you say is the plan, then I can only say that the way they've initially structured this deal has been head scratchingly bad. The Beardwood article wont be the last, as you probably know.

So deals like this mate for 49.9% of shares are usual? Incumbent on the seller and buyer to hit certain bench marks over a period of time to increase the shareholding?

It's the deal itself and shareholding that has me cautious, but is it standard practice in you expierence?

Must be pretty common, i'm sure i've seen deals finalised on Dragons Den similar to this :p

I think there's a reason related to the secured Prudential loan why he hasn't taken a overall majority immediately - I thought I had the papers at home but do not, will check tomorrow.

This is a friendly takeover, there's no argument among the major shareholders, there's absolutely no reason to be concerned over the current size of his holdings.

That's reassuring mate.

The Pru deal doesn't expire until later in the next decade, is that significant I.e. Be pro lactic to a ground move - repayment + penalties?

I'm not trying to panic people. I'm just needing clarification on this deal to start celebrating it myself.

Would you be happy if this all now went quiet without further in depth comment?
I'm certainly not expecting anything at 9pm on a Sunday night a few hours after he took over so I just find the worrying about it right at this moment, rather than say next week, utterly bizarre :p

And no, if we had complete radio silence for a couple of weeks then I might start to wonder but am prepared to cross that bridge later in the unlikely event it happens.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back