Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
TBF it could be like the Earl situation, the only difference is a larger number of shares have changed hands - it may well not be, but this guy isn't obliged to pump his own money into the club or build us a ground. We simply don't know what the plans are at this point, there may be opportunity there may just be a status quo - we just don't know.

In regard to Earl, many forget that when he originally came we spent a lot of tranfers quite soon after, Yakubu, Baines, Manny Fernandes bid - not that he put money into the club, but being a shareholder meant that we could tap up better credit.

It's possible, this guy might invest nothing, but may enable us to access better credit I.e. The ability to borrow for a new ground.

If it was going to be an Earl situation, he'd have just bought Earl's shares, and not Kenwright & Woods shares too.

This is a man who was itching for power at Arsenal.

Anyone who thinks he's going to sit in the background like Earl is hugely mistaken.

I'm not asking for anything now. I'm saying the next few days. That's fair enough for such a momentous development isn't it?
Actually I do think it might be a bit unrealistic, generally I'd prefer someone to get their feet firmly under the table and make sure they know the situation completely before making promises/plans that at a later date prove false. I've waited years for this, a few more weeks won't hurt.

I'd pay more attention to a claim posted by WatchedToffee than anything that came out of the Echo, after all they were peddling the American takeover story along with two blurry photographs since January. Looks like sour grapes, after all the Mail got to the story before them. As for Moshiri's intentions it's understandable to be cautious, saying that, there's far more reason to be optimistic than we've been for quite some time.

Just need to get his mate on board to pick up the other half of the shares. Usmanov is proper minted, richer than Abramovich like on par with Mansour minted. And he's desperate to invest which he's not being allowed at Arsenal.

If it is in the plans to bring Usmanov on board we are all of a sudden in the running for any world class player that's available.

Remind me, when did that parasite sell 15% of a very profitable football club to fund a 49.9% purchase of Everton shares? Or whatever it was.

That's an emotitive point mate, what difference does it make where the money came from to buy shares either Moshiris or a Earls. We all know there are rules in regard to shareholding. I doubt he would have sold his Arsenal shareholding if he didn't have to. The PL is a cash cow 49% of it, may prove better then 20% of it.

We are speculating on his intentions, but I believe he has already acknowledged being a Utd, Arsenal fan in the past and now an Evertonian.

I'm not binning this guy, I'm just cautious and the deal strikes me as a bit unusual. We need more info but there is nothing incumbent on this guy to do anything different to what Earl did.

If it was going to be an Earl situation, he'd have just bought Earl's shares, and not Kenwright & Woods shares too.

Anyone who thinks he's going to sit in the background like Earl is hugely mistaken.

Hopefully mate, but I would be amazed if he pumped money into the club without a bigger shareholding, I think it may open better credit to us, but can't see this being anything like a City or Chelsea model.

At the moment we just don't know, one reason to be optimistic is that when Earl was announced, a statement was released at the time, saying that it wouldn't change the funding of the club, that has happened this time.

From my understanding the echo article from the financial expert is right, why would someone put money into the club when he isn't the majority share holder?? The money put in either needs to be matched by others or that there is a deal in place to buyer other shares in the immediate future to own the club.

Mate, what Moshiri has done is this:

He's acquired 17,465 shares from existing shareholders giving him a 49.9% stake. He will have the agreement of the existing large shareholders particularly Woods and Kenwright to start making the changes he feels necessary for the club as a business to run better. He will also no doubt, continue conversations with Liverpool City Council to see if a suitable solution can be found for either a new stadium or a redeveloped Goodison. He will have a budget in mind as to the likely costs and will have discussed this already with Kenwright.

In the next few months he will prioritise the areas that need capital, and once the amount of capital required is determined , it is most likely the club will issue more shares which he will purchase thereby making him the majority holder. He may also acquire further shares from existing shareholders around the same time.

So for example lets say for argument sake he decides to inject £150,000,000 into the club for initial funding of the stadium solution, working capital and some squad additions.

Using a pre money valuation of £175,000,000 the club would issue with shareholder approval, 30,000 shares valued at £5,000 each. Moshiri would acquire all the shares, putting £150,000,000 into the club. He would then own 47,465 shares of the 65,000 shares in issue giving him 73.02% of the club. If he purchased a further 1285 shares he would have 75% giving him total control. The new shares issued may be the same class as existing shares or may carry some preferences in terms of voting or dividends - however dividends are not going to be the issue here.

He might have the agreement of existing shareholders to acquire the rest of their shares upon different benchmarks - for example, agreement of stadium, initial stadium works, or completion of stadium - those details may or may not come out into the public domain.

His initial purchase is just the first phase - it enables him to make the changes necessary to prepare the business for the capital it requires - he will fund the capital in return for an increased stake in the business. This is standard business practice.

Exactly this. Earl was brought in due a power struggle with Gregg, he had no intention of investing or driving the club on

TBF it could be like the Earl situation, the only difference is a larger number of shares have changed hands - it may well not be, but this guy isn't obliged to pump his own money into the club or build us a ground. We simply don't know what the plans are at this point, there may be opportunity there may just be a status quo - we just don't know.

In regard to Earl, many forget that when he originally came we spent a lot of tranfers quite soon after, Yakubu, Baines, Manny Fernandes bid - not that he put money into the club, but being a shareholder meant that we could tap up better credit.

It's possible, this guy might invest nothing, but may enable us to access better credit I.e. The ability to borrow for a new ground.
He isn't obliged to but if he wanted a comfortable existence - not investing further money, little work and just collecting his profits - he already had that at Arsenal. Why on earth would he sell all that up to invest his money in a club that is in a far riskier situation without having plans on improving it?

Mate, what Moshiri has done is this:

He's acquired 17,325 shares from existing shareholders giving him a 49.9% stake. He will have the agreement of the existing large shareholders particularly Woods and Kenwright to start making the changes he feels necessary for the club as a business to run better. He will also no doubt, continue conversations with Liverpool City Council to see if a suitable solution can be found for either a new stadium or a redeveloped Goodison. He will have a budget in mind as to the likely costs and will have discussed this already with Kenwright.

In the next few months he will prioritise the areas that need capital, and once the amount of capital required is determined , it is most likely the club will issue more shares which he will purchase thereby making him the majority holder. He may also acquire further shares from existing shareholders around the same time.

So for example lets say for argument sake he decides to inject £150,000,000 into the club for initial funding of the stadium solution, working capital and some squad additions.

Using a pre money valuation of £175,000,000 the club would issue with shareholder approval, 30,000 shares valued at £5,000 each. Moshiri would acquire all the shares, putting £150,000,000 into the club. He would then own 47,325 shares of the 65,000 shares in issue giving him 72.8% of the club. If he purchased a further 1,425 shares he would have 75% giving him total control. The new shares issued may be the same class as existing shares or may carry some preferences in terms of voting or dividends - however dividends are not going to be the issue here.

He might have the agreement of existing shareholders to acquire the rest of their shares upon different benchmarks - for example, agreement of stadium, initial stadium works, or completion of stadium - those details may or may not come out into the public domain.

His initial purchase is just the first phase - it enables him to make the changes necessary to prepare the business for the capital it requires - he will fund the capital in return for an increased stake in the business. This is standard business practice.

Well said Esk. Just need this to be given some time.

That's an emotitive point mate, what difference does it make where the money came from to buy shares either Moshiris or a Earls. We all know there are rules in regard to shareholding. I doubt he would have sold his Arsenal shareholding if he didn't have to. The PL is a cash cow 49% of it, may prove better then 20% of it.

We are speculating on his intentions, but I believe he has already acknowledged being a Utd, Arsenal fan in the past and now an Evertonian.

I'm not binning this guy, I'm just cautious and the deal strikes me as a bit unusual. We need more info but there is nothing incumbent on this guy to do anything different to what Earl did.

Fair point. There, currently, isnt.

But, on the admittedly limited knowledge I have on this bloke, and having never heard of him till last night, his track record is not in mould of an Earl character, (sic).

And reading stuff that folk I do trust have written. @The Esk

It feels like a takeover, even though technically it isn't.

The Club has 35,000 shares. 11,188 (31.97%), of the clubs shares are owned by shareholders other than Kenwright, Woods and Earl. With 49.9% of the club shares, Moshiri only requires 36 out of 11,188 shares in order to push through his agenda.

You also need to look at why he has left Arsenal. Both he and Usmanov had been trying to gain control of Arsenal for the past 9 years. They aren't content with being minor players and want to put their mark on the club. However, Stan Kroenke has 69% of Arsenal and has no interest in relinquishing his control.

It seems clear that he has grown frustrated with Arsenal and so has decided to invest his time and money into Everton, a club where he can exercise the power and control, he never could at Arsenal. It doesn't make sense for him to take a back seat and become the next Robert Earl.

You also need to consider that the for the last 4 months, we have been the subject of numerous serious takeover rumours. When you put the new of Moshari's 49.9% shareholding in that context, it is clear that it is very big news for the club.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back