Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Derbies will be a bit spicier - bring back old grudges...

image.webp

What do you think his motive is though? Does he want to run a PL club for leisure/prestige like Abramovich, or is he looking to grow the club with the endgame a sale for big profits years down the line?

Either is fine with me like, I love the thought of seeing Everton winning trophies.

I wouldn't think he made a loss on his Arsenal shareholding less, in fact quite a healthy profit. I believe he Prob significantly less for the 49.9 shareholding in Everton on the bases that he is the majority shareholder and 49.9% of the PL tv deals etc at rate of growth might be a sounder investment then 20% as a pretty powerless minority share holder.

I'm not critising this guy, I just think we should be cautious until we know his intentions.
But if he wanted to reduce his exposure to football investments or cash in on his profit then he could have just sold to his mate and not do anything more or brought another steel company.

Without a change in our current operating we are a much riskier investment than Arsenal. The only way you would logically take on the extra risk (plus trasaction costs, legal fees etc) would be if you expected a signficant improvement in rate of growth.

Kroeke mght not have been growing Arsenal at as fast a rate as Moshiri would have liked but it certainly better than our board have us currently growing which is almost all based on the growth PL revenue. Arsenal not only have that but also European income, excellent sponsorship and a new stadium for matchday income. Unless he does something Moshiri is taking on more risk (relegation) with less current growth - perhaps I'm being naive but I can't see how that makes sense unless he intends to change our growth substantially ie not be a passive investor like Earl.

What do you think his motive is though? Does he want to run a PL club for leisure/prestige like Abramovich, or is he looking to grow the club with the endgame a sale for big profits years down the line?

Either is fine with me like, I love the thought of seeing Everton winning trophies.
He wont want to be losing money thats for sure

TBF it could be like the Earl situation, the only difference is a larger number of shares have changed hands - it may well not be, but this guy isn't obliged to pump his own money into the club or build us a ground. We simply don't know what the plans are at this point, there may be opportunity there may just be a status quo - we just don't know.

In regard to Earl, many forget that when he originally came we spent a lot of tranfers quite soon after, Yakubu, Baines, Manny Fernandes bid - not that he put money into the club, but being a shareholder meant that we could tap up better credit.

It's possible, this guy might invest nothing, but may enable us to access better credit I.e. The ability to borrow for a new ground.

Earl was on the other side of the Atlantic, showed no interest in football in general or the club at all.

Moshiri's just down the road ( relatively ) and plainly has an interest in football. Primarily he's a businessman with loads of money, and I think some people are naturally distrustful of such people, but any sale was always going to be to such a person.

Expecting any massive detail on the deal before it's been ratified by the Premier League is pretty naive. To be honest, I don't even know how long it'll take the PL to go through their fit and proper test.

There's a tendency in life, and even more so, on GOT, to see problems and a conspiracy where none exists.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back