Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
(i) as I have explained previously funds were available and I am satisfied with that evidence.
(ii) We had agreed terms with Zenit and Witsel by July 5th. Witsel subsequently revised those terms
(iii) we didn't get the price we were asking for Stones despite the delay in completion.
(iv)The club did not become aware of the ownership issues relating to Brahimi until very late in the process.

I appreciate you have a different view, but the counter argument is overwhelming.

I don't want to be right and I hope Moshiri has the intentions and funds that you believe he does. I'm just choosing to be cautious because we had a great opportunity to move forward this window, not only have we blown that (in terms of not being able to increase our wages through the Stones transfer unless we spend significantly in January(which won't happen) but it looks like we're not even going to be able to get our star striker to sign a new contract.

Our best chance of being able to improve our team through transfers is through European qualification but I don't believe we've given RK the best chance of achieving that and if we lose Lukaku next year without qualifying for Europe we're going to be back to square one.

I just hope the board are less incompetent at pushing the stadium plans through.

I've stepped back a bit in the last few days, partially as I had other things to do and partially because I wanted to see how the discussion developed.

I find the idea that Moshiri sold £200 million worth of Arsenal shares just to buy £87.5 million of Everton shares (possibly £130 million approx with his options) and do nothing with them in a rising market of football valuations frankly ludicrous.

He looked at Everton for possibly as long as 18 months, and he has extensive due diligence capability. He would have recognised, as I did 12 months ago on national radio that the club was (i) woefully under-capitalised and (ii) had appalling management at Board and executive level. Therefore he would have known that the acquisition of 49.9% alone without any further investment would have been a poor investment decision particularly as it necessitated the sale of his Arsenal shares.

Undoubtedly the window did not go as planned, possibly down to unrealistic expectations of our pulling power but possibly down to poor execution of whatever strategy we had firstly by Ryazanstev (although he has to be credited with the Lukaku/Raiola situation), probably through lack of football experience rather than ability, and certainly later in the window when there was a tactical change the performance of the Chairman and CEO.

I've said before, Moshiri has made his fortune privately away from the public glare, and there is no way his first major foray into public life with an investment in Everton, would be allowed to end in damage to his reputation. There's no way just the purchase of 49.9% without further investment can become successful - our competitors are moving further ahead at a faster rate than we can manage. He (Moshiri) knows additional investment is required, if he didn't have the means to provide it he'd never have made the acquisition in the first place.

I've stepped back a bit in the last few days, partially as I had other things to do and partially because I wanted to see how the discussion developed.

I find the idea that Moshiri sold £200 million worth of Arsenal shares just to buy £87.5 million of Everton shares (possibly £130 million approx with his options) and do nothing with them in a rising market of football valuations frankly ludicrous.

He looked at Everton for possibly as long as 18 months, and he has extensive due diligence capability. He would have recognised, as I did 12 months ago on national radio that the club was (i) woefully under-capitalised and (ii) had appalling management at Board and executive level. Therefore he would have known that the acquisition of 49.9% alone without any further investment would have been a poor investment decision particularly as it necessitated the sale of his Arsenal shares.

Undoubtedly the window did not go as planned, possibly down to unrealistic expectations of our pulling power but possibly down to poor execution of whatever strategy we had firstly by Ryazanstev (although he has to be credited with the Lukaku/Raiola situation), probably through lack of football experience rather than ability, and certainly later in the window when there was a tactical change the performance of the Chairman and CEO.

I've said before, Moshiri has made his fortune privately away from the public glare, and there is no way his first major foray into public life with an investment in Everton, would be allowed to end in damage to his reputation. There's no way just the purchase of 49.9% without further investment can become successful - our competitors are moving further ahead at a faster rate than we can manage. He (Moshiri) knows additional investment is required, if he didn't have the means to provide it he'd never have made the acquisition in the first place.

So he hasnt deceived us, hes just incompetent, phew!

If a stadium milestone is required to trigger the option to increase his shareholding >=75%, and Moshiri can't remove the likes of Bill and Suntan Bob from executive decision making until he has >=75%, I would be concerned that we will be going through some form of hiatus in terms of progress until said milestone is achieved, made even worse by any drawn out planning process (for a site which has yet to be confirmed).

Anybody out there willing to give me some comfort?

@The Esk
I would like your take on Elstone / Kenwright mate.
Apologies if covered previously but when would you see the way clear to them both being replaced? What, if anything, stands in the way of this currently?
They both seem to have had a greater involvement in the 2nd half of the window than previously anticipated.
As an ordinary punter it would signify a big change to me, it would not be a panacea for the problems of the window but if Moshiri had his own people in place there would be less opportunity for the sort of misguided and jumbled up approach we witnessed last week, not to mention the increased commercial/sponsorship revenue we need to be targeting.

I read you agree with the communications issues at the club, in the medium term we will all have to play a waiting game but some signal of dissatisfaction and commitment to improve / learn lessons from Moshiri from whatever medium he saw as appropriate would be well received.

If a stadium milestone is required to trigger the option to increase his shareholding >=75%, and Moshiri can't remove the likes of Bill and Suntan Bob from executive decision making until he has >=75%, I would be concerned that we will be going through some form of hiatus in terms of progress until said milestone is achieved, made even worse by any drawn out planning process (for a site which has yet to be confirmed).

Anybody out there willing to give me some comfort?

Yes, he will be able to influence those decisions to a big extent

A soundbite isn't a statement.

It wasn't a sound bite. It was a statement...

cb981c55edf34fa484316d38a56af693.jpg

I don't know how anybody can call that a soundbite. God Dave, you spout some tosh

Hes gotta be 1 or the other, he either totally messed the window cos hes taking us for a ride or he messed the window up cos he aint got a clue.

Unless you have a 3rd option?

we didn't mess the window though. we messed the end of it - ironically enough after it seemed Kenwright and Elstone seemingly took over the dealings again (maybe through Moshiri's naivety, albeit)

Until a few days ago I was all aboard the optimist express. The recent mis-steps have partially restored my pessimistic sceptism. It seems we still have the same problems we have been complaining about for the last decade at least. This calls into question the extent of the reorganisation of the club,and whether the intent to tackle it is genuine. Nearly everything we have heard in this regard has been mere hearsay. While I admit there have been signs in certain appointments, I will await more concrete signs before I reboard the happy train.

@The Esk
I would like your take on Elstone / Kenwright mate.
Apologies if covered previously but when would you see the way clear to them both being replaced? What, if anything, stands in the way of this currently?
They both seem to have had a greater involvement in the 2nd half of the window than previously anticipated.
As an ordinary punter it would signify a big change to me, it would not be a panacea for the problems of the window but if Moshiri had his own people in place there would be less opportunity for the sort of misguided and jumbled up approach we witnessed last week, not to mention the increased commercial/sponsorship revenue we need to be targeting.

I read you agree with the communications issues at the club, in the medium term we will all have to play a waiting game but some signal of dissatisfaction and commitment to improve / learn lessons from Moshiri from whatever medium he saw as appropriate would be well received.

Thing is, to the outside footballing world, we've had a very good window.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back