Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
I think he was naive in not recognising issues early on in the window, or he was deceived by not having facts reported to him.

If the same was to happen in January, I'll concede my point completely and we have a wealthy fool as a major shareholder, however I don't believe that will happen, and knowledge I have of his company affairs in the former Soviet states makes me certain it will not happen.

So if we mess up again it could be off to the gulag for Bill and Suntan?

That's a valid fear to be fair. I'd counter it with the fact that it is his first public investment. He was anonymous at Arsenal, hardly anyone knew his name. Today any serious football fan knows who he is.

He would not risk his business reputation by investing in a company that he could not afford financially to see through to success. He knew before he bought the shares what investment was required and probably what personnel changes were required. If he didn't have the means, resources and desire to make those changes he'd have stayed a relatively silent investor in Arsenal.

Well he took his eye off the ball, whether he put his trust in the wrong people or as you say, maybe he wasnt told the full story, but in that case, surely at some point he should have thought WTF is going on?

But lets hope he corrects his mistakes, he hasnt made the right "first" impression for me, plenty of time for him to make right his wrongs.

Who do YOU support?

I want a scan of your season ticket (you can remove your name if you want) and your top 101 reasons for being an Evertonian please.

If not you're deffo a Kopite lad, deffo a Kopite.

Think I've had enough of you calling out people who you don't agree with, in this instance calling someone who is obviously a blue a Kopite. Have a couple of days off the site and re-think your behaviour, otherwise it will be another ban, permanent this time.

It wasn't a sound bite. It was a statement...

cb981c55edf34fa484316d38a56af693.jpg

I don't know how anybody can call that a soundbite. God Dave, you spout some tosh
....in which he deals with what his plans are in two sentences! "Committing to extra funds for transfers and retaining key players (no laughing at the back) and looking at the best options for a stadium".

As said: sound bite.

If BK, AA, JW and JWL sell all there remaining shares, I reckon that FM will end up with 25747 shares (73.56%). If the option agreement is for less than all the remaining shares held by BK and JW/JWL for sentimental reasons it will obviously be less.
However, if he ends up with the 25747, I wonder if he'll try and strike a deal with Grantchester, Estate of Sir Philip Carter, Keith Tamlin, Cliff Finch Jimmy Mulville and Nigel Holland to bring him up to 85.24% and then make a general offer to the 1000+ remaining shareholders to get 100%.

Musings of a bored man.

Even if Moshiri was going to use us as a cash cow he is clued up enough to know we are an untapped goldmine. I'm pretty sure he will invest as you have to spend a penny to make one and if it is possible get a new stadium which will turn us from a 200 into a 600-800 million asset. If you have a steel business and can get some of it discounted then it makes even more sense.

Using his business acumen he will start to sort our commercial deals, I expect to see improvements there soon. The more money we can make the more he will eventually get back. No one can say for sure what his real intentions are but I can't see him downing tools and picking up the tv money. He knows the better we operate on all levels is good for him and us.

I just don't understand the fuss, you don't go from being a country fair to being disneyland in a couple of years. What's the point in getting worked up about it, whose owners would you rather have Blackburn's? QPR have had some of the richest people in the world as owners, they pulled up any trees? The Glazers have taken more money out than they've put back in, Randy Lerner, H&G at RS, (actually they were good owners and I was very sad they left) the list goes on and on unless you look at Chelski, City and maybe PSG.

That's a valid fear to be fair. I'd counter it with the fact that it is his first public investment. He was anonymous at Arsenal, hardly anyone knew his name. Today any serious football fan knows who he is.

He would not risk his business reputation by investing in a company that he could not afford financially to see through to success. He knew before he bought the shares what investment was required and probably what personnel changes were required. If he didn't have the means, resources and desire to make those changes he'd have stayed a relatively silent investor in Arsenal.

He knows with the increase in value that the stadium development creates...

(Prudent investment generates Value)

He's not losing any money in Everton.

If he builds a 60,000 stadium at £300m with a completed value of £400 m and adds £600m to the clubs value due to increased revenues

If he sells at value he's not losing money if he spends some money on the team

What about Spurs Goat? Did they mess up their window because they're scrambling around on deadline day to spend £30mil just like we were, currently have a striker who can't kick a ball (at least Rom isn't in that bad a form at the moment) and even though they're apparently '100%' have looked a shadow of the team they were...

We didn't mess up the window whatsoever. The players we brought in have all improved us.

What we needed was a few more in quality areas - which I readily accept and I think the people at the top will as well.
We have one striker, one, and he currently isn't scoring. If Rom continues his barren spell or gets injured we have Kone, Valencia or Niasse as back up. That is an inferior position to Spurs. Yes, they were also scrambling on deadline day but they secured their target whilst we did not. To somehow suggest we are the same as (or possibly better off than) Spurs following the window is bizarre.

....in which he deals with what his plans are in two sentences! "Committing to extra funds for transfers and retaining key players (no laughing at the back) and looking at the best options for a stadium".

As said: sound bite.
Two thirds of which proved to be false with one third yet to be seen.

...some of you need to chill ya beans!
15 years ago we were promised Kings Dock by Betty's son in corrie...(Let that 4kin sink in)

FFS!!...can we not give our resident Billionaire (which we were all clambering for) more than 6 months to get his [Poor language removed] together before we start doubting his intentions?
...BAWK!!!

Nobody knows whether he is actually going to bankroll us to the 'next level' via player transfers.
If he isn't the next multi-billionaire to throw money at a team, then at least the foundations are being put in place.
DoF/Head Scout.
Good manager.
Progression through youth levels for players.
I don't actually care if we are initially, sell to buy (not Ross!), as long as the investment is in the new stadium.
If a % of the extra tv revenue is put into the stadium and not players then so be it.
The new (riverside) stadium will be where we can start making progression.

...some of you need to chill ya beans!
15 years ago we were promised Kings Dock by Betty's son in corrie...(Let that 4kin sink in)

FFS!!...can we not give our resident Billionaire (which we were all clambering for) more than 6 months to get his [Poor language removed] together before we start doubting his intentions?
...BAWK!!!

Im willing to give him 5-6 years before I actually start baking a cake and getting my clown suit on.

As ive stated, im not saying MOSHIRI OUT, I have some concerns regarding the utter farce that was the Summer Transfer Window and have some concerns about whether hes the real deal, minor concerns that im hoping will be addressed within 6months.

Im a simple man, I just want to see some action rather than a load of smoke and mirrors, some actual progress on the stadium, progress that I can touch and smell, I would like to see our manager backed in the transfer market, if he says he wants 3 GKs, get him 3 GKs, if he says he wants another 1-2 players, get him another 1-2 players, if those players cost 25p each and we sell an unneeded player to fund it, great, as long as Ronny gets what he wants and is allowed to bin off the clowns he doesnt.

There will be plenty of players looking for new homes in January, some clubs will have gone out of Europe and we could do some good work if we get on the ball this time, but I do appreciate its a tricky window at the best of times, but if Ronny says he wants some players, get him some god damn players.

Theres a lot of angst in the air currently, an International break after a farce of a window, yes Sissoko is an utter trumpet and the future will no doubt teach us that we dodged a bullet, but the manager wanted him or rather the manager wanted a player LIKE him, he wasnt backed and thats the biggest regret for me, but anyway, an International break and the prospect of waiting till freaking Monday has got everybody a bit snappy.

You would like to think the club has people reading forums and picking up on the mood around forums and all other forms of Social media, we need a little shot in the arm to keep us going till Monday, shoot us Everton, all over our face.

the pure fact that we are still loaning monies from outside companies, points to the fact moshiri WILL NOT be bank rolling our football club with his own cash.

Moshiri's money is tied up in USM Holdings in the British Virgin Isles and is controlled by Usmanov. Which he can also borrow money from to investment. The money he has to 'play' with, and used to but his stake in us, comes from selling his shares in Red and White Holdings to Usmanov.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back