Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
They signed the young winger from Marseille as well. Suppose he will be a direct replacement for Chadli but much younger.

Let's look at us, Koeman said he wanted three keepers, we got Stickleback and no other keeper. We failed in that department.

In defence, we replaced one of the countries best prospects in Stones with a great defender in Williams but Father time is coming for him and Jags. He wanted Kone, we never got him. He also wanted cover for right back and that never happened. Failed in that department to strengthen as well.

Midfield, Gueye is a great bit of business. Bolasie I like, think he will get better for us. Not bad from an overall point of view for this department.

Attack, we ended up scrambling around to get a last minute loan deal for a Swansea target you were laughing about earlier in the day. Another failed department.

Spurs did the better work, because they already had a title challenging team have added to that squad quite well with young players.

Stopped reading there

Think the way players look after themselves these days we have at least 2 seasons out of Williams and maybe Jags. That gives plenty of time for the like of Mori, Galloway, Pennington or whoever else we sign to progress so not really a massive issue at this point.

Midfield is fine as you say in the middle and the wide areas. I am sure we won't go the whole season with Lukaku and Valencia so another striker will be brought in over the next window.

is it just me who thinks pennington is terrible and will never make it as a PL standard defender? just don't get the hype around him, think just because he's local ( he's even a wool ) people seem to name him alongside Galloway Holgate etc, just don't think he'll ever be good enough personally

They signed the young winger from Marseille as well. Suppose he will be a direct replacement for Chadli but much younger.

Let's look at us, Koeman said he wanted three keepers, we got Stickleback and no other keeper. We failed in that department.

In defence, we replaced one of the countries best prospects in Stones with a great defender in Williams but Father time is coming for him and Jags. He wanted Kone, we never got him. He also wanted cover for right back and that never happened. Failed in that department to strengthen as well.

Midfield, Gueye is a great bit of business. Bolasie I like, think he will get better for us. Not bad from an overall point of view for this department.

Attack, we ended up scrambling around to get a last minute loan deal for a Swansea target you were laughing about earlier in the day. Another failed department.

Spurs did the better work, because they already had a title challenging team have added to that squad quite well with young players.

Can guarantee there'll be nowhere near the title this year I reckon, but it's all relative. Just don't agree with us being slated for waiting until deadline day when Spurs - a team apparently so much better than us - did exactly the same thing.

Defensively - as much as I like Stones - we've improved. Short-term solution to lead to a long-term gain.

IF we hadn't been so crap in defence last year (a lot to do with the manager) then the goals we (Rom) scored would have seen us competing for the European places. The simple fact that we already look so much better off at the back in terms of how we're defending gives us cause for optimism.

The Kone thing - well, I reckon that's a lot to do with Moyes and his refusal to sell (fair enough). We bid for him and it was never actually turned down. Moyes himself admitted that before the window shut ('there's an offer on the table'). Weirdly enough, Kone hasn't YET signed that new deal... I also think the emergence of Holgate meant that it was an area Koeman wouldn't prioritise just yet.

Agree on the keeper situation but - Koeman himself said this - Stek's performances have made him number one. I'm not saying Koeman will be happy we haven't brought more quality in (or that fans should be either), but Stek has given us some breathing space - he's actually competent.

The disappointing area is up front. It seemed we left it until the last week when we could and should have got somebody in earlier. Valencia I think will, in the end, prove a decent acquisition on a no-risk deal, but ideally we needed more quality. That being said, you aren't going to get many quality strikers who are going to sign as back-up, which whatever people say they would be.

is it just me who thinks pennington is terrible and will never make it as a PL standard defender? just don't get the hype around him, think just because he's local ( he's even a wool ) people seem to name him alongside Galloway Holgate etc, just don't think he'll ever be good enough personally
Pennington reminds me of Hibbert. Hard working, dependable, totally substandard for an aspirational PL club.

Im willing to give him 5-6 years before I actually start baking a cake and getting my clown suit on.

As ive stated, im not saying MOSHIRI OUT, I have some concerns regarding the utter farce that was the Summer Transfer Window and have some concerns about whether hes the real deal, minor concerns that im hoping will be addressed within 6months.

Im a simple man, I just want to see some action rather than a load of smoke and mirrors, some actual progress on the stadium, progress that I can touch and smell, I would like to see our manager backed in the transfer market, if he says he wants 3 GKs, get him 3 GKs, if he says he wants another 1-2 players, get him another 1-2 players, if those players cost 25p each and we sell an unneeded player to fund it, great, as long as Ronny gets what he wants and is allowed to bin off the clowns he doesnt.

There will be plenty of players looking for new homes in January, some clubs will have gone out of Europe and we could do some good work if we get on the ball this time, but I do appreciate its a tricky window at the best of times, but if Ronny says he wants some players, get him some god damn players.

Theres a lot of angst in the air currently, an International break after a farce of a window, yes Sissoko is an utter trumpet and the future will no doubt teach us that we dodged a bullet, but the manager wanted him or rather the manager wanted a player LIKE him, he wasnt backed and thats the biggest regret for me, but anyway, an International break and the prospect of waiting till freaking Monday has got everybody a bit snappy.

You would like to think the club has people reading forums and picking up on the mood around forums and all other forms of Social media, we need a little shot in the arm to keep us going till Monday, shoot us Everton, all over our face.

Hi Goat, if did not live so far away would love to meet up and buy a pint, and have a chat. Afraid this will have to do.:pint2:

Nonsense the new Tv deal was agreed well in advance of his purchase, that will of been taken into consideration when putting a value on the club.
What about the next tv deal and the one after that. Kenwright has invested nothing and saw his shares increase in value by something like 200% just because the league has increased in value.

Can guarantee there'll be nowhere near the title this year I reckon, but it's all relative. Just don't agree with us being slated for waiting until deadline day when Spurs - a team apparently so much better than us - did exactly the same thing.

Defensively - as much as I like Stones - we've improved. Short-term solution to lead to a long-term gain.

IF we hadn't been so crap in defence last year (a lot to do with the manager) then the goals we (Rom) scored would have seen us competing for the European places. The simple fact that we already look so much better off at the back in terms of how we're defending gives us cause for optimism.

The Kone thing - well, I reckon that's a lot to do with Moyes and his refusal to sell (fair enough). We bid for him and it was never actually turned down. Moyes himself admitted that before the window shut ('there's an offer on the table'). Weirdly enough, Kone hasn't YET signed that new deal... I also think the emergence of Holgate meant that it was an area Koeman wouldn't prioritise just yet.

Agree on the keeper situation but - Koeman himself said this - Stek's performances have made him number one. I'm not saying Koeman will be happy we haven't brought more quality in (or that fans should be either), but Stek has given us some breathing space - he's actually competent.

The disappointing area is up front. It seemed we left it until the last week when we could and should have got somebody in earlier. Valencia I think will, in the end, prove a decent acquisition on a no-risk deal, but ideally we needed more quality. That being said, you aren't going to get many quality strikers who are going to sign as back-up, which whatever people say they would be.
How does getting rid of Stones and bringing in a 32 year old Williams lead to long term gain?

Most people accept our squad is probably at best the 7th or 8th best in the league. We aren't going to be in a vastly different situation next summer than we were this year.

Short term I don't think many would disagree but long term we have sold one of the top young CBs in Europe for a player that will probably be finished in 3 years. Stop talking nonsense.

Just to wade in on the topic.

I don't expect him to bankroll the club whatsoever. If he needs to levy money against him in the short term then great (no idea how that works ) but in terms of spending his own money, I don't expect him to.

What I personally wanted from a new owner was one who could run the club efficiently and one who would get the club making money off its own accord. So better deals, no dependence on loans, more advertising , better marketing abroad, better in the transfer market , all those stuff.

I question the reality of the changes on the pitch as there is no proof to say we aren't sell to buy anymore but generally if over the next 2-3 years we can do all of that off the pitch then moshiri will have been a massive success for us.

The only thing I don't want is to put too much dependence on the playing staff. Expecting more from the manager because hme haven't backed him financially in a moyes esq move. Be nice over now 12 months to back him , bring better players in and then just let him get the results on the pitch to make marketing the club off it more successful
Why do you think Moshiri a man with no experience running a football club with no money will be better than Kenwright a man who has 20 years experience running a club with no money and keeping us in the top 8.

If Moshiri isn't bringing money then frankly I would prefer Kenwright to be calling the shots.

Why do you think Moshiri a man with no experience running a football club with no money will be better than Kenwright a man who has 20 years experience running a club with no money and keeping us in the top 8.

If Moshiri isn't bringing money then frankly I would prefer Kenwright to be calling the shots.
Because he is a business man. And as a business man I would hope he had the nous to turn us into a profitable business which sadly these days are the name of the game.

What about the next tv deal and the one after that. Kenwright has invested nothing and saw his shares increase in value by something like 200% just because the league has increased in value.

Not sure about your maths. BK acquired shares at £857 each in March 2000 selling just over half to Moshiri for £5,000 a share.

That's more than 580% return or slightly over 11% per annum over 16 years.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back