Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
And that would be bad why?
goat can answer for himself like, but I dont think it's being argued to be a bad thing, just that there is little risk involved if Everton stay in the PL with their noses in the trough with the rest. Goat's right: Moshiri can keep his hands out of his pockets and get the stadium sorted with bank borrowing and commercial deals and public funding.

I have no idea if that's his primary motivation or whether it's a by-product of his interest with EFC, but I cant see much risk in this for him either way.

goat can answer for himself like, but I dont think it's being argued to be a bad thing, just that there is little risk involved if Everton stay in the PL with their noses in the trough with the rest. Goat's right: Moshiri can keep his hands out of his pockets and get the stadium sorted with bank borrowing and commercial deals and public funding.

I have no idea if that's his primary motivation or whether it's a by-product of his interest with EFC, but I cant see much risk in this for him either way.

Indeed. I'm actually fairly optimistic on a stadium happening for this reason - it's just that I'm increasingly expecting it to be the cheapest option possible. In the midst of all this dock talk, I still remember a pamphlet for Stonebridge Cross being on that table, and that's what I expect, built as cheaply as possible.

Oh, and done via debt on the club of course.

Dont see the obsession with how much risk he takes, nor if he dips into his own pockets myself.

But from what I can see, I think, our new owner has the exact same interests as us fans. A new ground, a good side playing in it, and a huge increase in Evertons profile to attract players to said good team.

If he can achieve that, not that bothered if he takes a minimal risk to achieve it. In fact, I would be quite impressed. Villa et al say hi.

And that would be bad why?

I never implied it would be bad Ray, if he gets us a new stadium without it impacting badly on the playing side I dont care if he rides off in the sunset with all the golds.

It makes no sense to sell £200 million worth of Arsenal shares to buy £87.5 million worth of Everton shares that will continue to underperform without additional investment.

You don't make more money by buying less (in cash terms) of an inferior company than you previously owned without having an investment plan for your new acquisition.

It's all about timing. The Glazers bought a premium asset at the beginning of a great bull market for Man United shares. There was sufficient cash flow not only so that they need not invest, they could borrow to finance their purchase. An entirely different proposition to a buyer of Everton today.

Both a regulated stock exchange, ISDX, and the Premier League know he has sold his R&W Holdings to Usmanov. It is ridiculous to suggest otherwise.

Arsenal is a club at the "top" of its revenue streams, plus he was only ever getting 15% of its growth.

Everton on the other hand is a club with so much more scope for improvement, a new stadium, some better commercial streams, you know all this, you know how much growth we have.

Im just playing devils advocate, you say it doesnt make sense, im saying he can make a profit on his share investment without investing a single penny of his own money.

To also play devils advocate, its ridiculous to suggest that 2 people who "part own" an investment company together wouldnt allow each other to park 15% of Arsenal shares for the sake of a stock exchange or the Premier League. Nothing needs to be written down, they trust each other.

Indeed. I'm actually fairly optimistic on a stadium happening for this reason - it's just that I'm increasingly expecting it to be the cheapest option possible. In the midst of all this dock talk, I still remember a pamphlet for Stonebridge Cross being on that table, and that's what I expect, built as cheaply as possible.

That would be a kick in the jewels, I must say.

To also play devils advocate, its ridiculous to suggest that 2 people who "part own" an investment company together wouldnt allow each other to park 15% of Arsenal shares for the sake of a stock exchange or the Premier League. Nothing needs to be written down, they trust each other.
sounds like you believe in some sort of conspiracy?

I think you're spot on. And when the esk talks of 'investment' (what he's invested now and future investment) he's actually talking about the purchase of shares....the principal which he'll get back and then some on a future sale. That 'investment' is safe as houses as long as we dont get relegated.

I'm absolutely not talking about his purchase of shares as investment in Everton. I'll also say that the Everton share price will underperform the share price of our peers whilst there is no investment in the team or a stadium. I have argued this for as long as I have been on this forum.

Without recapitalisation Everton (and thus it's share price) will continue to underperform our rivals.

I'm absolutely not talking about his purchase of shares as investment in Everton. I'll also say that the Everton share price will underperform the share price of our peers whilst there is no investment in the team or a stadium. I have argued this for as long as I have been on this forum.

Without recapitalisation Everton (and thus it's share price) will continue to underperform our rivals.
The Esk. Can you answer and give me your honest opinion, do you think mosheri will change our current standing in the game, to one of the top teams in Europe, that includes a state of the art stadium?

My initial thoughts when he came, is this guy means business, however with the last transfer window we acted in a naive way whilst leaving business late, the bid for Yarmelenko smacks of desperation.

Big teams don't act like this.

kiss the crest, 19 minutes agoReport
#19425+ QuoteReply

Where will this investment come from and go to?

...I shouldn't rule out either a dock venue as a potential midden. Worse case scenario we end up in the deepest of north end docks, miles away from the iconic Liverpool skyline, with a Kirkby-type bat lights stadium. Just as bad as Crocky.

yes i know pal, i kinda see your point. if i would jump on your sleigh i could also ask ...why did Usmie bail his business partner out off Arsenal and let him fullfill his ambition with EFC.. ah, well, like i said...fun speculation ; )

Stuff like this is a conspiracy theorists goldmine.

http://web.archive.org/web/20150921093349/http://www.usm-group.com/company.html

The main shareholders of USM are Alisher Usmanov, Vladimir Skoch and Farhad Moshiri.

USM’s assets include Metalloinvest, one of the largest global metals and mining companies, MegaFon, a major telecommunications operator in Russia, Mail.Ru Group, the Russian internet and social network leader, and UTH Russia, one of the country’s fastest-growing commercial TV broadcasters. The group is also a prominent global investor in the digital space with stakes in Alibaba, JD.com, Xiaomi, Spotify, Airbnb, Zalando, Flipkart, ZocDoc and Klarna.

...I shouldn't rule out either a dock venue as a potential midden. Worse case scenario we end up in the deepest of north end docks, miles away from the iconic Liverpool skyline with a Kirkby-type bat lights stadium. Just as bad as Crocky.

The problem going forward is the club have already shown an abysmal level of communication, so off the back of that window everything will be viewed with increased cynicism (apart from the usual happy clappers who love everything Everton of course).

So we're now in a position of having to be permanently against the club unless proven otherwise. Yes, I get it's essentially a private business and they don't have to communicate anything, but it's a business ran on fan loyalty, and when the only communication is in the form of braindead comments to Jim White by text message, then it's hard to actually be enthused about the whole thing.

At this point, I'm 90% convinced the aim for Moshiri is to build a stadium on the cheap, and maintain the club in the Premier League, then sell on for 3x what he's put in. As a businessman, that's smart of him, but football isn't like your usual business, and if this happens then Kenwright needs smacking for not doing due process on this guy.

The problem going forward is the club have already shown an abysmal level of communication, so off the back of that window everything will be viewed with increased cynicism (apart from the usual happy clappers who love everything Everton of course).

So we're now in a position of having to be permanently against the club unless proven otherwise. Yes, I get it's essentially a private business and they don't have to communicate anything, but it's a business ran on fan loyalty, and when the only communication is in the form of braindead comments to Jim White by text message, then it's hard to actually be enthused about the whole thing.

At this point, I'm 90% convinced the aim for Moshiri is to build a stadium on the cheap, and maintain the club in the Premier League, then sell on for 3x what he's put in. As a businessman, that's smart of him, but football isn't like your usual business, and if this happens then Kenwright needs smacking for not doing due process on this guy.
No one could blame you for thinking that is a possible outcome.

Actions speak louder than words, and it's very much up to Moshiri to persuade us he is the real deal and not in this for shot term gain. Unfortunately for him, a summer like this one just gone by only tilts the needle toward the sceptical end of the scale.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back