Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Think I saw your take on the Usmanov rumours, you mentioned the biggest problem would be him selling his Arsenal stake. Just one quick question on it, surely a multi billionaire has enough contacts to find one person who'd be interested? Even if Usmanov lost money out of it, surely that's small change for him.

Hi mate, I've covered it several times, but the issue is not the value of such a transaction, it's the likelihood of someone wanting to acquire a significant but minority stake with absolutely no influence over Arsenal's affairs that is the major stumbling block, in my opinion.

Hi mate, I've covered it several times, but the issue is not the value of such a transaction, it's the likelihood of someone wanting to acquire a significant but minority stake with absolutely no influence over Arsenal's affairs that is the major stumbling block, in my opinion.
Why would he be happy with his minority stake then mate? If and when it is so insignificant.

Do Arsenal pay a dividend? I know their fans fume at the fees Kronke takes out, but a steady divi, in a diverse asset class, plus kudos, might be appealing for some men of significant means.

Pretty uncorrelated to most asset classes I would guess as well.

Do Arsenal pay a dividend? I know their fans fume at the fees Kronke takes out, but a steady divi, in a diverse asset class, plus kudos, might be appealing for some men of significant means.

This is true.

The other point is that as an investment, it's fairly safe with potential for growth, the premier league money is showing no signs of waning and Arsenal are as solid an established premier league side as you can get.

They've not paid a dividend in well over 30 years mate. In fact Usmanov caused quite a debate when in 2013 he suggested Arsenal start paying dividends. Kroenke it seems is not so keen for obvious reasons.

They've not paid a dividend in well over 30 years mate. In fact Usmanov caused quite a debate when in 2013 he suggested Arsenal start paying dividends. Kroenke it seems is not so keen for obvious reasons.
It seems therefore that in the short to medium term it's a pretty bad investment. If he wants to sell now then if he is capable of finding a buyer they will be in a strong bargaining position. Alternatively he will have to out last Kroenke to either get a dividend which will make the investment more attractive or have some influence because of the possible dilution of Kroenke interests. I appreciate that his investment is growing and secure but I suspect a man that is used to getting his own way must be pretty peeved with the situation. He's trapped.

Appreciate the city deal with the chinese may be a one off however isn't what you describe the very situation that city now find themselves in.

He's trapped because he and Moshiri were completely out-manoeuvred by the Arsenal board in 2011. But he can't be too unhappy as no-one has bought more Arsenal shares since 2011 than Usmanov himself.
Yes - safe haven I suppose, family investment and things can change quickly and in the meantime he is positioning himself as best he can.

Appreciate the city deal with the chinese may be a one off however isn't what you describe the very situation that city now find themselves in.

Assume you are referring to the 13% purchase of City Football Group by CMC?

Totally different - this allows CFG (Man City's owners) a really privileged access to the Chinese market via China Media Capital, whilst allowing CMC access to CFG's global football expertise. I think this is the smartest and most significant equity partnership done so far in football. The fact that CFG allowed Ruigang Li (Chairman of CMC) onto their main board demonstrates the partnership element of this deal.

This deal is hugely value creative on both sides.

Assume you are referring to the 13% purchase of City Football Group by CMC?

Totally different - this allows CFG (Man City's owners) a really privileged access to the Chinese market via China Media Capital, whilst allowing CMC access to CFG's global football expertise. I think this is the smartest and most significant equity partnership done so far in football. The fact that CFG allowed Ruigang Li (Chairman of CMC) onto their main board demonstrates the partnership element of this deal.

This deal is hugely value creative on both sides.
So your saying if arsenal were offered a similar deal it couldn't have happened.

Appreciate it would have required the support of two parties whom for want of a better phrase aren't on the best of terms but still surely it would have been possible.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back