Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
They must've known about that clause in Martinez's contract, what if ( big if) they allowed the semi to play out happy if we reach the final but with Martinez under massive pressure to walk if we fail and that BS merchant failed to do the decent thing?

Walking away from ten million quid you are entitled to is stretching decency to its very limit :blush:

His stated objective was getting us Champions League, Bill had quoted him on that . By the time of his sacking we were more likely to be in the Championship , the pressure Martinez was under was pretty intense, not seen Goodison turn like that under anyone else. The board may've hoped he would fall on his sword. Depends whether he valued finance over principals I guess.

Principals are all well and good, but would you resign as manager of a football club when the alternative is having a £10m payday for being sacked?

If he used it in his interview to get the job, he should stand behind his words when in the job.
Well, I agree somewhat, but bold calls like that shouldn't be blerted out in a press conference when he clearly didn't want it to be. You (BK) make statements like that after the fact, as in when (if) he got us there..."Oh, Bobby said he'd get us here & here we are!"

Has this feller tipped up with any explanation of that summer fiasco yet?

That's treating fans with contempt in my view.

"You dont matter, and you therefore dont get an explanation".

I would have scoffed at that suggestion a mere couple of weeks ago but now I do believe Bill is wielding more influence than I had previously thought.

Maybe Moshiri knew what he was letting himself in for when he bought into us. Moshiri is used to being a number 2 as he was in Red and White Holdings and USM Holdings. He may be allowed to mix with the big boys at the World Economic Forum in Davos but how good he is at a number 1 determining the course of events maybe open to question.

I don't think getting money to finance a new stadium would be too difficult as he is shareholder in Panmure Gordon & Co. which is a 'British corporate and institutional stockbroker and investment bank. The firm operates in three businesses: investment banking, equities research and institutional sales and trading'. Panmure is an interesting firm. 'The broker is known for its close connection with the family of David Cameron, the former British Prime Minister, whose father, grandfather and great-grandfather were all senior partners in the company'.

Think a lot of people would disagree with this assessment. Failing manager out, new management team in, top recruitment scout poached from the champions, transfer record broken, 4 first team players brought in. A few disappointments yes but not a fiasco in a million years.

Maybe Moshiri knew what he was letting himself in for when he bought into us. Moshiri is used to being a number 2 as he was in Red and White Holdings and USM Holdings. He may be allowed to mix with the big boys at the World Economic Forum in Davos but how good he is at a number 1 determining the course of events maybe open to question.

I don't think getting money to finance a new stadium would be too difficult as he is shareholder in Panmure Gordon & Co. which is a 'British corporate and institutional stockbroker and investment bank. The firm operates in three businesses: investment banking, equities research and institutional sales and trading'. Panmure is an interesting firm. 'The broker is known for its close connection with the family of David Cameron, the former British Prime Minister, whose father, grandfather and great-grandfather were all senior partners in the company'.

Although only the 3rd largest shareholder of USM he is in fact Chairman of the Company so I doubt he has too many issues with being no 1 at Goodison.

Just on PG, he's only a 4.7% shareholder, I think there's plenty of better financing options, for example for the Emirates stadium, RBS and Barclays led a consortium and the Arsenal board were advised by their long time advisors Rothschild.

Principals are all well and good, but would you resign as manager of a football club when the alternative is having a £10m payday for being sacked?
It's not something I'd do, no but there must've been a reason to allow him the semi final before the inevitable happened and he was sacked, the board must've made their mind up in advance so why sabotage an opportunity at silverware? Just looking at possible scenarios.

What "10m"? There was no £10m. It was a story in the Daily Heil and The Scum.

Job done for those vermin if that nonsense was taken and swallowed whole.

Yeah, that's why he was scrambling around texting that bellend, cos he wasn't worried about the fans at all

What "10m"? There was no £10m. It was a story in the Daily Heil and The Scum.

Well, 3 years remaining on his contract, worth about £12m, he will have received a fairly hefty settlement.

Whether it's quite £10m or not, I don't know, but the point which was being made is why would he resign and receive nothing as opposed to hold out for a major pay day.

Difference being I've not had 20+ years in the football industry making millions in the process- likewise anyone who would blindly profess how 'phenominal' everything was while we slowly dropped towards the Championship is not speaking the truth.

Okay well I'll rephrase my question, if you had the same career as Martinez up to that point & you had made the same amount of money, would you have resigned and taken nothing, or held out for the big payday?

I'm just trying to understand why Martinez is such a horror for not resigning (saying "phenominal" far too often doesn't count).

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back