Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Hmmmm don't like the way he keeps mentioning how its still a process to be completed, and needs approving by the PL etc, would be totally everton if for whatever reason this didn't go ahead

Roberto sounds excited...

Roberto Martinez: "You can imagine the excitement we have. It is something for every Evertonian to be excited about and looking forward to.

"This is the start of a new era. He will take us to the next level. He is the perfect person to come in.

"It needs to be improved by the Premier League but we are very excited. It is a big moment in our club's history."
He knew ages ago the little secret squirrel, you don't dance like this unless you've been told you've got 100m to spend at the Euro's this summer.
dAjJ8t2.gif

Hmmmm don't like the way he keeps mentioning how its still a process to be completed, and needs approving by the PL etc, would be totally everton if for whatever reason this didn't go ahead
No mate, we are deffo buying Scott Dann, Ryan Shawcross and Jon Walters in the summer..

Dont sweat it.

This may already have been spoken about but I have not seen it.

It looks as if Moshiri and Bill Kenwright have been talking for well over a year. A deal like this could not happen quickly or easily , moreso when Moshiri already is a big investor in a different club. Getting 200m from Usanov is not something that is done on a casual phone call...I think.
As others have suggested there may be other games going on between the various parties that we don't know about.

But, what about the last twelve months , what has been happening with Moores and Noelle and the alleged period of exclusivity ?, the row with Joe Anderson regarding the ground development at Walton ? Were these red herrings or is it only recently that Bill Kenwright got Moshiri firmly on the hook ?

I cannot help but feel that this may be an initial step on a much bigger project, at least I like to think so.

Think you're right about it being a much bigger project. Moshiri buying the 49.9 strikes me as him getting his foot in the door ahead of any of the other interested parties, whether they were Moores and Noell or some wealthy Chinese conglomerate. I also think we've hit the jackpot with ending up with the man we have done, and Bill's played an absolute blinder.

I don't reckon it'll be Usmanov, no basis for that but then again we're all guessing at this point. I reckon he'll allow someone else to come in and buy Bill and Jon Woods shares when Bill feels comfortable doing so, but Moshiri still be the top dog. Whether this takes months or years, who knows.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back