Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Moshiri is very well connected. I am sure he will look to bring others on board and will have the connections to do so. he seems to prefer working in the background.

Most people are focusing on the nuclear option for us. Which is Usmanov and Moshiri together, making us the most well financed club in England. The end game option for us, is Moshiri, Usmanov looking to work alongside a third party together to build a global sports superclub. I think that was their aim at Arsenal, but Kroenke didn't want to play ball.

As said above, Moshiri seems to like working in the background, essentially doing the more bureaucratic tasks for wealthier individuals. The nuts and bolts. He is very good at this and there would be some takers I am sure.

It could also be that maybe he has taken that role as far as he can and now wants to be the main man.

This may already have been spoken about but I have not seen it.

It looks as if Moshiri and Bill Kenwright have been talking for well over a year. A deal like this could not happen quickly or easily , moreso when Moshiri already is a big investor in a different club. Getting 200m from Usanov is not something that is done on a casual phone call...I think.
As others have suggested there may be other games going on between the various parties that we don't know about.

But, what about the last twelve months , what has been happening with Moores and Noelle and the alleged period of exclusivity ?, the row with Joe Anderson regarding the ground development at Walton ? Were these red herrings or is it only recently that Bill Kenwright got Moshiri firmly on the hook ?

I cannot help but feel that this may be an initial step on a much bigger project, at least I like to think so.

It makes the Elstone outburst at the AGM even stranger

Sorry can only dip in this morning, won't be online to answer, but Usmanov is not interested in acquiring Everton.

That shouldn't worry us in the slightest, we have a fantastic guy in Moshiri.
When you do come online and gave some time Esk I'd love to hear why he's not interested. I always love reading your thoughts mate but no body knows what is going through Usmanov's head it's impossible to say it's not going to happen or that he's not interest. Just like it's impossible for anyone to say he wants to buy into the Everton Football Club. No one knows either way we just have to wait and see whether Usmanov is happy to sit on his Arsenal shares or if he does sell up.

I really hope at the press conference (presuming there's one) someone asks Moshiri about Usmanov but unless Usmanov ever sells up there's nothing more than hope to him becoming a shareholder.

Last edited:

If anyone knows me from my twitter posts (@Barry1878) they will know I was so anti Kenwright/board etc.One moanin [Poor language removed]!
I`ve waited over 20yrs for something like this to happen.
I`m now like that excited kid at xmas seeing that orange chopper bike in the corner of the living room.
I`m so optimistic about the future with Moshiri on board.I`ve been longing for that day when my 21yr old lad will witness our beloved blues being back where they belong,challenging for league titles and cups every season like I did in the 80`s
I will need this smile surgically removing shortly.Lets enjoy.......
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Roberto sounds excited...

Roberto Martinez: "You can imagine the excitement we have. It is something for every Evertonian to be excited about and looking forward to.

"This is the start of a new era. He will take us to the next level. He is the perfect person to come in.

"It needs to be improved by the Premier League but we are very excited. It is a big moment in our club's history."

If anyone knows me from my twitter posts (@Barry1878) they will know I was so anti Kenwright/board etc.One moanin [Poor language removed]!
I`ve waited over 20yrs for something like this to happen.
I`m now like that excited kid at xmas seeing that orange chopper bike in the corner of the living room.
I`m so optimistic about the future with Moshiri on board.I`ve been longing for that day when my 21yr old lad will witness our beloved blues being back where they belong,challenging for league titles and cups every season like I did in the 80`s
I will need this smile surgically removing shortly.Lets enjoy.......
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

It was frustration and you had every right to feel that way, I was the same as you but now I'm buzzing.

Roberto sounds excited...

Roberto Martinez: "You can imagine the excitement we have. It is something for every Evertonian to be excited about and looking forward to.

"This is the start of a new era. He will take us to the next level. He is the perfect person to come in.

"It needs to be improved by the Premier League but we are very excited. It is a big moment in our club's history."
I would too if I'd just been handed a £100m warchest...

It makes the Elstone outburst at the AGM even stranger

Elstone is a tool mate, that outburst was confirmation if any was needed that this man is out of his depth

If you are looking to build a new stadium you DO NOT burn bridges with the council as Elstone did, Thankfully (with Joe Anderson meeting Bill in London) Elstone managed [Poor language removed] that up too

I'd like to see Roberto achieve something at this club. He's a genuinely nice guy (which is football is a rarity) I think what he gets right he really gets right. sadly what he gets wrong he really really gets wrong. This new owner will put pressure on our Berto and that can only be a good thing.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back