Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
I've had a gander at RAWK this morning and they are seething with anger. It's like watching the behaviour of an abusive husband who's finally been kicked out lashing out in an incomprehensible manner. I desperately hope this post gets picked up there so we can clarify some of the utter misappropriation and distortion I am seeing.

1) When have Everton been the top club in Merseyside? Well from the 1870's through to the early 1970's Everton were the dominant team. I'll happily detail the records of which team finished above who and when you eventually overhauled us (it was a lot later than the 70's I'll have you know). But for a good hundred years we had finished cumulatively above you, higher attendances etc.

2) Do they not know our commercial arm is better than Everton's? Yes everybody grasps that. It's a mute point really. You've won nothing for coming up to 10 years (try to get it through your heads that the mickey mouse cup is irrelevant to sides bigger than Barnsley and Birmingham, probably why most of you love it with your small club mentality). There is every chance you have no hit stagnation point. Everton are building from a low base, but there is enormous room for growth/.

3) Everton's fan base is too localised? Not really, they are the foundations you build a club on. Moshiri has obviously seen solid foundations and felt things can move forward (by doing point 2).

4) You don't fill your ground? Well we do actually. Goodison is regularly over 90% and the majority of the none attendance is down to away supporters. Our ground is almost always sold out of none obstructed views. Anyone would think they average thousands more than us. Their average attendance is a couple of thousand higher. We are in the same ball park, although yours are marginally higher. It shows how pathetic they are that they celebrate an attendance a couple of thousand higher (due to obstructed views). Come back when you get 78k in your stadium. Oh you can't, because you never could as you are not a big enough club, unlike ourselves and United.

5) We all think Usmanov is coming? Not really. We have no idea what is happening. It is a bit fishy though, his long time associate bolts after not being given any influence. I am not going to repeat posts, please look back at previous posts to gain my feelings (on this thread) but it is a possibility. Why doesn't he buy West Ham or Spurs? Well Spurs wouldn't sell. West Ham is more of an option. maybe he thinks London is crowded.

6) Moshiri is not a billionaire? A few years ago sources estimated Moshiri's wealth between 1.3-2 billion. Some are saying he has that again in terms of investments to go alongside liquidity cash. Politely this trashes all over your own owners wealth which is estimated (at best) at the lower end of the lowest estimates for Moshiri) who's wealth has grown substantially since the reports back. Your owners main priority is the Boston Red Socks and it shows.

7) Similar to 6 "Moshiri won't know how to grow businesses". Yes, a highly successful businessman who's job has been networking amongst wealthy corporates and being in partnership with Russia's wealthiest man won't have any idea how to match the creative genius of Ian Ayre and FSG. This guy is a very competent business man and his knowledge far exceeds a film with Brad Pitt in it.

8) We are the new Chelsea/City. This is similar to point 5 so won't get too bogged down. We are not the new Chelsea/City. We will have significantly more money to spend though. You have barely finished above us having massively out spent us (in fact if we finish above you this season over the last 5 we'd have finished above you more than you finished above us) and we will probably be comparable in our spending to yourselves and Spurs. That must be frightening, and it is reflected in the utter nonsense. They are estimating up to 100 million spent this season, a new ground, debt free and keeping our best players. That will do me.

As for longer term, if Usmanov gets involved (straying I know) we will not be the new Chelsea/City. We will be massively more capitalised than Chelsea and wealthier than City. This goes back to point 3, we are building from much better foundations. We would be the new City if he were to be involved. That hasn't happened and may never happen. It is not a theory from Mars though, to suggest that two men who work closely together might want to join up to work again. I mean, partners working together, what kind of logic is that!

Anyway a great day for us. For a hundred years you were in our shadow. You've had a 20 year spell of dominance and you are on the fade again. This is 1970, Ball getting injured all over again for you. It is the start of an exciting journey, where even the worst outcome for us puts us in better shape than you.

It comes down to this - if Usmanov wants to run a PL club with his best mate, his only option is now Everton. He either sits silently at Arsenal or invests here.
That is exactly what it comes down to, they went into Arsenal as equal partners, they couldn't put money into Arsenal because that would be like giving money to Kroenke, they tried to take power at Arsenal but Kroenke has it stitched up and has already said Arsenal is going to be handed down to his family.

Moshini and Usmanov didn't even have a seat on the board, if Moshini has realised there is no point being at Arsenal then it's a good chance Usmanov agrees and both together are taking the first steps to move away from Arsenal and onto another Prem club.

I don't think we will see Usmanov buying EFC shares but there's absolutely no harm being best friends with a Billionaire oil and steel tycoon.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a commercial link with Usmanov...Potentially with a sponsorship deal or Stadium naming rights deal. (Gazprom or Megafon).

Exciting times ahead!

That is exactly what it comes down to, they went into Arsenal as equal partners, they couldn't put money into Arsenal because that would be like giving money to Kroenke, they tried to take power at Arsenal but Kroenke has it stitched up and has already said Arsenal is going to be handed down to his family.

Moshini and Usmanov didn't even have a seat on the board, if Moshini has realised there is no point being at Arsenal then it's a good chance Usmanov agrees and both together are taking the first steps to move away from Arsenal and onto another Prem club.
I think our man will bring quality, wealthy people to Everton through his contacts. We don't need Usmanov. But time will tell.

I've had a gander at RAWK this morning and they are seething with anger. It's like watching the behaviour of an abusive husband who's finally been kicked out lashing out in an incomprehensible manner. I desperately hope this post gets picked up there so we can clarify some of the utter misappropriation and distortion I am seeing.

1) When have Everton been the top club in Merseyside? Well from the 1870's through to the early 1970's Everton were the dominant team. I'll happily detail the records of which team finished above who and when you eventually overhauled us (it was a lot later than the 70's I'll have you know). But for a good hundred years we had finished cumulatively above you, higher attendances etc.

2) Do they not know our commercial arm is better than Everton's? Yes everybody grasps that. It's a mute point really. You've won nothing for coming up to 10 years (try to get it through your heads that the mickey mouse cup is irrelevant to sides bigger than Barnsley and Birmingham, probably why most of you love it with your small club mentality). There is every chance you have no hit stagnation point. Everton are building from a low base, but there is enormous room for growth/.

3) Everton's fan base is too localised? Not really, they are the foundations you build a club on. Moshiri has obviously seen solid foundations and felt things can move forward (by doing point 2).

4) You don't fill your ground? Well we do actually. Goodison is regularly over 90% and the majority of the none attendance is down to away supporters. Our ground is almost always sold out of none obstructed views. Anyone would think they average thousands more than us. Their average attendance is a couple of thousand higher. We are in the same ball park, although yours are marginally higher. It shows how pathetic they are that they celebrate an attendance a couple of thousand higher (due to obstructed views). Come back when you get 78k in your stadium. Oh you can't, because you never could as you are not a big enough club, unlike ourselves and United.

5) We all think Usmanov is coming? Not really. We have no idea what is happening. It is a bit fishy though, his long time associate bolts after not being given any influence. I am not going to repeat posts, please look back at previous posts to gain my feelings (on this thread) but it is a possibility. Why doesn't he buy West Ham or Spurs? Well Spurs wouldn't sell. West Ham is more of an option. maybe he thinks London is crowded.

6) Moshiri is not a billionaire? A few years ago sources estimated Moshiri's wealth between 1.3-2 billion. Some are saying he has that again in terms of investments to go alongside liquidity cash. Politely this trashes all over your own owners wealth which is estimated (at best) at the lower end of the lowest estimates for Moshiri) who's wealth has grown substantially since the reports back. Your owners main priority is the Boston Red Socks and it shows.

7) Similar to 6 "Moshiri won't know how to grow businesses". Yes, a highly successful businessman who's job has been networking amongst wealthy corporates and being in partnership with Russia's wealthiest man won't have any idea how to match the creative genius of Ian Ayre and FSG. This guy is a very competent business man and his knowledge far exceeds a film with Brad Pitt in it.

8) We are the new Chelsea/City. This is similar to point 5 so won't get too bogged down. We are not the new Chelsea/City. We will have significantly more money to spend though. You have barely finished above us having massively out spent us (in fact if we finish above you this season over the last 5 we'd have finished above you more than you finished above us) and we will probably be comparable in our spending to yourselves and Spurs. That must be frightening, and it is reflected in the utter nonsense. They are estimating up to 100 million spent this season, a new ground, debt free and keeping our best players. That will do me.

As for longer term, if Usmanov gets involved (straying I know) we will not be the new Chelsea/City. We will be massively more capitalised than Chelsea and wealthier than City. This goes back to point 3, we are building from much better foundations. We would be the new City if he were to be involved. That hasn't happened and may never happen. It is not a theory from Mars though, to suggest that two men who work closely together might want to join up to work again. I mean, partners working together, what kind of logic is that!

Anyway a great day for us. For a hundred years you were in our shadow. You've had a 20 year spell of dominance and you are on the fade again. This is 1970, Ball getting injured all over again for you. It is the start of an exciting journey, where even the worst outcome for us puts us in better shape than you.

Link??

I agree, Billionaires mix with Billionaires, I think Moshini buying 49% is just the start for us, the RS can laugh all they want, we'll see who laughs last on this one.

Exactly mate - they will be sat in Fawlty towers (when it gets finished) complete with its newly built in obstructed views - wittering on about some bloke called Shankly and crying because it was meant to be their year (again) and wondering if their tickets will be going up to 77 quid so that they can keep pace with Everton's youth team.

I agree, Billionaires mix with Billionaires, I think Moshini buying 49% is just the start for us, the RS can laugh all they want, we'll see who laughs last on this one.
Not giving Liverpool a moment's thought mate. They are irrelevant.

I want my 13 year old nephew who followed his Uncle as an Evertonian all the way down here (despite his dad being a Red and putting the pressure on) to witness a trophy at Everton and a sustained period of competing for things.

I am all about Everton FINALLY being the Everton I fell in love with 30 years ago and want all our supporters of all ages to experience the true Everton that has been in hiding for over 2 decades.

Unless we are all getting blindsided by a conman, it appears Bill has played it beautifully and found our man. I have the feeling he will bring quality, and wealthy, people to Everton and is here for the long term.

I can't wait to hear him speak to us...

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back