Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Usmanov has absolutely no chance of getting control of Arsenal, zero, Kroenke has said he's going to pass Arsenal down to his family when he's gone.

Usmanov isn't even on the board, Moshiri has left because he knows they can't get control and now he is in control of a massive club, with massive potential.

There may be a plan for them both to move away from Arsenal, this may be the first phase, we don't know, but I know this, this club does strange things to people, once Moshiri has been touched by this club and how special it is, he'll realise what he's got, and his best mate Usmanov may very well want in on the action.

I think this is the real issue for Moshiri and Usmanov. To make any other move they had to get rid of their Arsenal shares. By one selling to the other they have their first step which allowed them to buy EFC. Stan Kroenke is the only person who both has to make a bid and indeed would want to buy them (who else would want 30% of something with absolutely no control). So my view is that Usmanov sits on his shares and keeps pushing for a seat on the board until a decent price comes his way, Moshiri starts the EFC development and his partner either joins him at a later date and hovers up the rest of the shares, or they content themselves with already having ownership of EFC and keep a minority stake in Arsenal....however it pans out, EFC will be getting the development it has been crying out for........

Kroenke Usmanov...how does their stakes compare? Is Kroenke the biggest share holder?

Interesting to see if Usmanov starts to keep noise

Usmanov has now bought Moshri's share so I think he stands at around 40% in Arsenal as it stands, though I could be wrong on that.

Kroenke I think is their majority shareholder.

Imagine walking to one of these on a night game, The New Goodison Stadium, it cost 340m Euro's in 2005, and steel costs have crashed since then, we could have one of these you know, a big, blue, glow in the dark theatre of dreams, with no restricted views in sight.

Would the RS be jealous?, just a bit like.

Allianz-Arena-Munich-blue.jpg

I've done an edit...

ohthyc.jpg

I think this is the real issue for Moshiri and Usmanov. To make any other move they had to get rid of their Arsenal shares. By one selling to the other they have their first step which allowed them to buy EFC. Stan Kroenke is the only person who both has to make a bid and indeed would want to buy them (who else would want 30% of something with absolutely no control). So my view is that Usmanov sits on his shares and keeps pushing for a seat on the board until a decent price comes his way, Moshiri starts the EFC development and his partner either joins him at a later date and hovers up the rest of the shares, or they content themselves with already having ownership of EFC and keep a minority stake in Arsenal....however it pans out, EFC will be getting the development it has been crying out for........

Yep either way it's good for us.

Now just how the investment is spent.

Commercial and corporate performances are, in the long term, the big ones - along with a new stadium/redeveloped Goodison (don't see why this has been such an issue really, surely an extra layer on the Bullens and for that side to be re-done is not out of the realms of possibility).

Short term, getting our best players on long term deals and at least the investment means that if they are sold, all the money from the sale can go back into the squad.

Imagine if Usmanov would sell his stakes in near future.....

Not out of the realms of possibility mate but my opinion is that it will stay as is for the time-being.

For a lack of a better word, there will be an almost 'transition' (God I hate that term, the RS have been claiming 'transition' for five years now :D) period where Kenwright and co stay on alongside Moshiri.

By the end of this year or summer 2017, however, I think we will almost certainly seeing more ownership from Moshiri or him bringing in more investors, who ever they may be.

Mad listening to Talksport ( I know ) this morning and they were talking about next seasons title hopefuls and Everton kept getting a mention and no Liverpool ha ha !

.....I was listening to the newspaper review at 07.15 this morning. John Crosse is well connected at Arsenal and said Evertonians are right to be excited. He also said this was nothing to do with Usmanov and he knows the billionaire who introduced Moshiri to Everton. Brazil pushed him on who it was and asked if it was Robert Earl, Crosse said it ain't Earle but didn't want to say who it was.

Interesting, I wonder who it was.

Usmanov has now bought Moshri's share so I think he stands at around 40% in Arsenal as it stands, though I could be wrong on that.

Kroenke I think is their majority shareholder.
30%....Kroenke owning the vast majority of the remainder.

Kroenke's worth a few billion, so is his wife (wal mart heir). He's building a massive stadium in LA but even so there's no financial reason why he needs to sell up to Usmanov, nor any way that Usmanov can pressure him to do so.

Cannot see Usmanov sitting on that 30% as an investment and passing up the chance to have control of another PL club.

Yes spot on. Having spoken to some Kopites and read RAWk they can't seem to get this. If you were Usmanov, why would you sell up at Arsenal? What objective does it achieve that can't already be achieved by keeping his shares and leaving his man Moshiri at Everton?

If Kroenke relents and sells up (unlikely) we may have a problem but essentially Usmanov is hedging his bets. At worst I imagine he is waiting until a stadium is built/Goodison redeveloped. At that point he may get involved. Alternatively he may get involved in the summer?

Think of it this way. You are him, you want out of Arsenal, you want to buy Everton. You can't buy them as you have shares to Arsenal. Everton are due to sell to either an American consortium or an Chinese firm imminently.

Do you a) try to sell all your shares at a good price for a quick deal (thus reducing your leverage)
b) Free up your business partner, take his shares and a day later give him the freedom to buy said club, stopping others doing so. Allowing you time to sell up at Arsenal and achieve optimum value of the shares?

I appreciate all of this presumes Usmanov wants to buy so we are working from that premise. But I am just disproving the logic that acquiring Moshiri's shares is some statement of intent. It is just a bureaucratic manoeuvre to free each of them up to own one club each. They will re-evaluate I am sure.

You try and explain realism that to a Kopite though and see how you get on. And they will then have the temerity to say you are unrealistic.

I remember when Bascombe was at the Echo and he reported on a Derby that was played at Anfield, I think it was a draw. I noticed that not once did he mention Everton by name just as the "opposition" and "other team". It was so amateurish and and tribal. He thought he was being clever and belittling us even more. No wonder people hate them.

It's going to be hilarious now that we're the big swinging richards in town and they're going to be grovelling for a piece of the action.

.....I was listening to the newspaper review at 07.15 this morning. John Crosse is well connected at Arsenal and said Evertonians are right to be excited. He also said this was nothing to do with Usmanov and he knows the billionaire who introduced Moshiri to Everton. Brazil pushed him on who it was and asked if it was Robert Earl, Crosse said it ain't Earle but didn't want to say who it was.

For the first time virtually ever, Philip Green might actually be the correct answer.

Moshiri is very well connected. I am sure he will look to bring others on board and will have the connections to do so. he seems to prefer working in the background.

Most people are focusing on the nuclear option for us. Which is Usmanov and Moshiri together, making us the most well financed club in England. The end game option for us, is Moshiri, Usmanov looking to work alongside a third party together to build a global sports superclub. I think that was their aim at Arsenal, but Kroenke didn't want to play ball.

As said above, Moshiri seems to like working in the background, essentially doing the more bureaucratic tasks for wealthier individuals. The nuts and bolts. He is very good at this and there would be some takers I am sure.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back