Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
I think it's very clever the way Bill has done this.

He's made sure he can veto anything until Moshini proves himself, Moshini will have made promises to Bill and if he follows through with them then Bill will sell him more shares, that's the way it is working from what I've read.

That would only work if Bill owned the other 50.1% of the club. But he doesn't. Moshini could simply buy a few shares off one of the small shareholders and have complete control of the club.

“Moshiri has fallen in love with Everton”, by GrandOldTeam

moshiri-150x150.jpg

Roberto Martinez reckons Farhad Moshiri’s investment is “really, really good news” and he feels he has fallen in love with Everton’s tradition and heritage.

Martinez: “The investment is really good news. I met Mr Moshiri – he has incredible values and knows the PL

“He has followed Everton closely and I think he has fallen in love with our tradition and heritage”

Roberto Martinez also encouraged fans to be excited.

“The arrival of Farshad Moshiri is something all Evertonians should be excited about & look forward to”

The post “Moshiri has fallen in love with Everton” appeared first on GrandOldTeam.

I think it's very clever the way Bill has done this.

He's made sure he can veto anything until Moshini proves himself, Moshini will have made promises to Bill and if he follows through with them then Bill will sell him more shares, that's the way it is working from what I've read.
But how can he veto him really? as has already been discussed all Moshiri would have to do is align himself with the minority shareholders and then Kenwright and woods couldn't do a thing, after all both of their shares combined probably don't add up to the 49.9% Moshiri now owns

I wonder if Granchester will make a move to become more of a majority shareholder. Its widely known about his issues with Kenwright, if the tides are turning will he step up and take seat at the big boys table?
Granchester won't get involved whilst kenwright is still here and all his money is in land.

That would only work if Bill owned the other 50.1% of the club. But he doesn't. Moshini could simply buy a few shares off one of the small shareholders and have complete control of the club.
Which suggests there's already an agreement for a second share tranche purchase in the short/medium term from Kenwright & Woods

Is the 49.9% so that Bill and co can still have the say in who the other investor will be? Or can any one with shares sell to anyone they like.

Times today has gone in to a little bit. Apparently the deal is to have Bill & Farhad as the drivers in the short term with Bill bowing out at an unspecified time although it looks possible that Farhad will bring in some additional investors to EFC.
Also, Times reckon that it will be a new stadium away from GP - probably Walton Hall with the cost circa £300m (which will leave FM with only £1000m to play with ........ must be nuts having that sort of dosh swilling around)

But that won't happen, they'll all stick together if they didn't like the way Moshini was trying to run things.

There is a reason it's 49.9%, Bill has done his homework here, probably with advice from the likes of Green as to how to structure it with safeguards built in.

As a 29 year old Evertonian. I've seen pretty much nothing but hurt and even when things have gone right, it's been snatched away.

I'm waiting until it's approved 100% before i have a party, although i have blown up the balloons and put blu tac on the banners already.

Had a kopite tell me today he won't come in and make a difference. They're rattled by this. I can't wait to rock up to the new Goodison and touch the Osman statue as i walk in to my brand new seat.

YES EVERTON!!!!!

Only issue there is I believe he bought shares on top of Moshiris?

My reading was he just bought Moshiri's.

Either way I don't actually think it's as straightforward as a front for Usmanov. I think Usmanov is hedging his bets. Maybe trying to pressure Kroenke into selling. If he doesn't he can then have another viable alternative.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back