Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
I suppose he can't say anything else really,although the Times report he was once in talks to sign the RS.Just hope he lets his money do the talking.

....I was thinking about this over the weekend. It might be that we could play through a gradual restructure. Remember we played whilst the Park End and Main Stands were developed. Saying that, it might be easier to vacate if a major renovation is taking place (Health and Safety etc). Tranmere Rovers comes to mind but I'm not sure of their capacity.

We could buy Anfield and let them play there as well while our new megadome is being built. We can then either sell it back or knock it down...whatever.........

CcYl71pW0AAsav_.jpg:large

Des O'Connor?

He runs the club, what he says goes and it wouldn't take much effort to get the additional shares to get him over 50%.

I'm sure going from 49.9% to 51% won't be that hard, but as was said I'm sure Bill (and any shareholders who care about Everton as more than a business investment) will do their best to mitigate any nonsense from Moshri if it arrises. I'm hoping it won't come to that though obviously.

Fairly sure this is the case, kudos to Bill for acting as the rearguard to try and protect us from a bad takeover. Even after all the abuse and slander. True Evertonian that guy is.

Wouldn't wish ill health on anyone. Call me cynical, but if it wasn't for his bad health, would we have been sold? We may very well have seen the status quo preserved for another 20 years.

Trying not to get too carried away by this as years of supporting Everton have ground me down but all of the noises so far have been positive.

If he can deliver on the ground problem then that is a massive step forward in itself as the current board have failed to do so after over 10 years of trying.

I really would like to see big deals offered to the likes of stones, lukaku and Barkley now. In a sense to make them commit and sound out their intentions.

With the investment and the new TV deal, we can surely afford to make those players 80, 90, 100k per week players. That kind of money on the table coupled with the 'vision' of the new owner might just convince them to stay longer. Well I hope so anyway!

I'm sure going from 49.9% to 51% won't be that hard, but as was said I'm sure Bill (and any shareholders who care about Everton as more than a business investment) will do their best to mitigate any nonsense from Moshri if it arrises. I'm hoping it won't come to that though obviously.

Think the reason it's 49.9% is due to the loans we have in place. Think it will be a full takeover eventually but he calls the shots now.

So it wouldnt take razing the current site to the ground and rebuilding?

Here in the states a new stadium is 3-5 year building project with renovations averaging a year to 18 months, there are several examples where one of our professional sports teams either uses a college stadium or shares with another local team. Where would we play in the mean time?
NOPE

Let's sign Payet for the sheer banter and head-falling-off
I agree, I feel we should have funds ring-fenced purely for banter, both the pursuit of banter and the improvement of already existing banter.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back