Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Wouldn't wish ill health on anyone. Call me cynical, but if it wasn't for his bad health, would we have been sold? We may very well have seen the status quo preserved for another 20 years.
Only he's still there.....in the same role.....

Whatever drove the eventual arrival of Moshiri, all that maters is that he's the right fit for EFC. At face value he appears to be exactly what we wanted.

So it wouldnt take razing the current site to the ground and rebuilding?

Here in the states a new stadium is 3-5 year building project with renovations averaging a year to 18 months, there are several examples where one of our professional sports teams either uses a college stadium or shares with another local team. Where would we play in the mean time?
Assuming sharing with the RS is a non-starter, there's sharing with Tranmere, or with one of the rugby league clubs i.e. Warrington Wolves, St. Helens or Widnes Vikings, none of whom have stadia with capacities over 20 000.

Roberto Martinez reckons Farhad Moshiri’s investment is “really, really good news” and he feels he has fallen in love with Everton’s tradition and heritage.

Martinez: “The investment is really good news. I met Mr Moshiri – he has incredible values and knows the PL

“He has followed Everton closely and I think he has fallen in love with our tradition and heritage”

Roberto Martinez also encouraged fans to be excited.

“The arrival of Farshad Moshiri is something all Evertonians should be excited about & look forward to”

"Once Everton has touched you, nothing will be the same..."
fz3trp.png

Trying not to get too carried away by this as years of supporting Everton have ground me down but all of the noises so far have been positive.

If he can deliver on the ground problem then that is a massive step forward in itself as the current board have failed to do so after over 10 years of trying.

I really would like to see big deals offered to the likes of stones, lukaku and Barkley now. In a sense to make them commit and sound out their intentions.

With the investment and the new TV deal, we can surely afford to make those players 80, 90, 100k per week players. That kind of money on the table coupled with the 'vision' of the new owner might just convince them to stay longer. Well I hope so anyway!

We are Evertonians and even if the feel good factor only lasts a week, before being cruelly snatched away, we have to enjoy it.........

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back