Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
In fairness, that hype was mostly media-generated.

Most Blues realised that we weren't going to do a Man City.
Martinez, before his sacking, made several references to a hefty budget, Moshiri himself claimed we bid £60m for 1 player and I strongly suspect the source of the £100m war chest headlines that were used to unsettle RK.
Don't know about most blues but many of those on here were led by Esk into the land of multiple fantasy signings based on the assumed war chest. Anyone who dared to question that narrative was dismissed as a bedwetter or kopite.

I am going on the assumption that Kenwright and Elstone are there until the stadium is completed and Moshiri's options exercised, Kenwright by agreement with Moshiri on that basis, and Elstone at Bill's bidding.

If, as it seems, they all get along well enough, then fine, but ultimately I expect that the relationship between Moshiri and Kenwright/Elstone/Woods, will end in tears, on a personal level. Hopefully the club as a business is spared the drama.

I'm sorry, but Kenwright and Elstone represent stagnation and the acceptance of mediocrity at EFC. It is difficult to see the club modernise and progress to the level required whilst we have in situ a Chairman and CEO who have had in terms of delivery, presided over the square root of you know what for donkey's years.

In some ways, I hope Moshiri's hands are tied as if he was willfully keeping them in post without obligation or condition then I would have to conclude that as a very serious error of judgement, and much to the clubs detriment.

There seems to be too much of the old boys network at present - Kenwright, Elstone, Woods, and then Keith Harris. Apart from Ryazantsev there doesn't seem to be anyone there who can take a dispassionate objective look at where we are and what we need. I know Barrett-Baxendale is there as well but what is her role?

No new CEO, no new commercial director, and the appointment of a solitary director in Ryazantsev who can bring expertise from a professional orbit.

Looking at it that way, it's a poor return if we are expecting the transformation of the club. I'd be climbing the walls if I were Moshiri but can he do something about it or not?

Last edited:
I am going on the assumption that Kenwright and Elstone are there until the stadium is completed and Moshiri's options exercised, Kenwright by agreement with Moshiri on that basis, and Elstone at Bill's bidding.

If, as it seems, they all get along well enough, then fine, but ultimately I expect that the relationship between Moshiri and Kenwright/Elstone/Woods, will end in tears, on a personal level. Hopefully the club as a business is spared the drama.

I'm sorry, but Kenwright and Elstone represent stagnation and the acceptance of mediocrity at EFC. It is difficult to see the club modernise and progress to the level required whilst we have in situ a Chairman and CEO who had have in terms of delivery, presided over the square root of you know what for donkey's years.

In some ways, I hope Moshiri's hands are tied as if he was willfully keeping them in post without obligation or condition then I would have to conclude that as a very serious error of judgement, and much to the clubs detriment.

There seems to be too much of the old boys network at present - Kenwright, Elstone, Woods, and then Keith Harris. Apart from Ryazantsev there doesn't seem to be anyone there who can take a dispassionate objective look at where we are and what we need. I know Barrett-Baxendale is there as well but what is her role?

No new CEO, no new commercial director, and the appointment of a solitary director in Ryazantsev who can bring expertise from a professional orbit.

Looking at it that way, it's a poor return if we are expecting the transformation of the club. I'd be climbing the walls if I were Moshiri but can he do something about it or not?
i posted something very similar in one of the other threads, hopefully the Rom issue will focus minds into doing things better/quicker

You never called him a phoney you said?

Apart from when you have.

That's consistent.

Well done.
No, read it again. I stated he's a phoney if he allows matters to stand as they are but that he has time to swing this around.

The trick is to read all the words and not choose the ones you think will help you out to trip someone up.

No mate. I have an impeccable source.

I dont want thanking for that exclusive last night either.
dave why would I thank you for it , if you came and said that we were spending money on players and have a spade in the ground at bramley Moore then id say thanks dave for the information untill then I'd let you carry on with your agenda mate

Have faith brother, the mosh will deliver

Maybe mate, im not totally losing faith, but honestly its starting to stink a little now, its been 12months, my sheets are bone dry, im not expecting everything to be done tomorrow, im just starting to see more and more things I dont like, words, thats all im seeing currently. When we start seeing some action to go with those words, then great, but until then, im firmly cheese on toast.

No, read it again. I stated he's a phoney if he allows matters to stand as they are but that he has time to swing this around.

The trick is to read all the words and not choose the ones you think will help you out to trip someone up.
No, sorry but you didn't. You called him a phoney in the present, which is you errrrm saying he's a phoney - but if he somehow does something that meets with your approval in the future - that you don't define, you might reconsider. Big of you.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/farhad-moshirì.85442/page-1629#post-5324882

I'm sure if I could be bothered to vault you I'd find plenty of other similar comments.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back