Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
...people dont forget SUBSTANTIAL improvements.

We are 7th, our season ended early January, the stadium issue is not one jot further along than it was at the beginning of the season once the BS is stripped out of the Peel statement, the debt is now owed to Moshiri rather than the Prudential.
Which has to be at a % far less than a Wonga loan, and we are 7th not 11th with an outside chance of top 4/6. The cup exits were disappointing but the league form and in particular our home form have been much improved.
Still, a big summer lies ahead for Moshiri and Everton, who knows we may just convince Lukaku to stay...

But how can you be sating this when you have total confidence in the Moshiri plan?

There's a lot more to Fahad Moshiris plan than player trading. The business side of the club needed to be overhauled and reorganised. To me the latter is what I'm a 100% behind him.

Yes player trading is important to the club and always will be, ins and outs are what keep money moving and it's a staple of every club. But it goes hand in hand with the business and for to long we have focused all our intentions on player trading, that kept us going, ticking over and the only other revenue coming from match day tickets and tv revenue.

My firm belief is that Moshiri will turn us into a successful, streamlined profitable business. Thereby growing our revenue streams and relying less and less on player trading to balance the books. Commercial deals will be capitalised on and the Everton brand will grow, and keep growing.

With regards to the summer; yes there are no more excuses, he has a team in place to deliver these signings we all want. If the player doesn't fancy it, so be it and move on. If the signing is missed due to the negligence of either a member of the management team or board team then I expect firm action to be taken

This was never going to be a Manchester City splash the cash and challenge. This was a business venture that will return a very profitable return for any person who can link all the dots. If that person is moshiri and he gets us where he wants us before selling on for a healthy profit, then I'll thank him because we will be back on the map and where we belong

Will be interesting to see if Lukaku is sold in the summer will that be the transfer war chest... Really wouldn't surprise me.

Here we go again...and again and again. IF we make a major sale in the summer...be it £90 million or £60 million or even £40 million, OF COURSE it will be that money that is spent on incoming players. That's called good business. We would not spend another 70 million out of any other income stream just for the sake of bowing in front of the false God of 'Net Spend'. I thought the obsession with net spend had died a natural death, but apparently not. Everton wioll spend carefully, at a sensible level, just like City or Chelsea or Man Utd. We will spend big if its warranted, but we won't if we cannot get value. Again, that's good business. We will not spend just for the sake of 'net spend'.

Here we go again...and again and again. IF we make a major sale in the summer...be it £90 million or £60 million or even £40 million, OF COURSE it will be that money that is spent on incoming players. That's called good business. We would not spend another 70 million out of any other income stream just for the sake of bowing in front of the false God of 'Net Spend'. I thought the obsession with net spend had died a natural death, but apparently not. Everton wioll spend carefully, at a sensible level, just like City or Chelsea or Man Utd. We will spend big if its warranted, but we won't if we cannot get value. Again, that's good business. We will not spend just for the sake of 'net spend'.
Seriously wasting your time pal, if we spent 100 mill plus on dross some fans would be chuffed until they realised said dross was well just that

Quite.

Guys what where you all expecting? He done what we wanted, improved us on and off the field, we are close to announcing a new stadium, we are almost debt free and will be in the summer.

Think back to this time last year. RM in charge, struggling to stay in the league. No hope of Europe, Cleverly and Kone were STARTING matches, Barkley and Rom had given up, Stones was telling everyone to calm down as another shot bounced off him and went through Howard's arms.

How quick ppl forget
Moshiri has had an undeniably positive effect on the club for which I'm very grateful.
My only qualm with him is that he raised expectations of massive player investment that he hasn't delivered.
Leaving aside all the other budget hype he claimed we bid £60m for Koulibaly. That would have been in late July or early Aug 2016. Including the January window that leaves a lot of time in which we had a minimum of £60m net to spend if Mosh was telling the truth.
So why didn't we and why did we behave like a club who had much more limited funds with RK having to throw a tantrum to get the board to cough up for Morgan etc?

Moshiri has had an undeniably positive effect on the club for which I'm very grateful.
My only qualm with him is that he raised expectations of massive player investment that he hasn't delivered.
Leaving aside all the other budget hype he claimed we bid £60m for Koulibaly. That would have been in late July or early Aug 2016. Including the January window that leaves a lot of time in which we had a minimum of £60m net to spend if Mosh was telling the truth.
So why didn't we and why did we behave like a club who had much more limited funds with RK having to throw a tantrum to get the board to cough up for Morgan etc?
Could be saving the money untill the summer ???

This is spot on. Moshiri has made a rod for his own back with the "Nothing Will Be The Same" approach and his Jim White quotes and interviews. I think almost everyone can see improvements elsewhere, but it is the promise of big signings that make people sit up and get excited the most and for all the bluster he hasn't delivered on this yet. The summer transfer window is critical now for his overall reputation.

As in many things in life, perception is again key. Yes throwing ridiculous money at things, for example Rooney looks to us an unwise investment. But to those in the market who actually matter it makes us look huge. So no I disagree with the calls for prudence and want spending of money with reckless abandon because then we show the rest of the world that we are back. Perception...

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back