Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
We all hope that's the case but I don't see why he would have chosen to do that. He claimed to have been angry about the summer so should have been very motivated in January.
I guess we'll find out this summer especially if Lu stays.
Maybe the right sort of player wasn't avaiable in January . The summer is more important like

There's a lot more to Fahad Moshiris plan than player trading. The business side of the club needed to be overhauled and reorganised. To me the latter is what I'm a 100% behind him.

Yes player trading is important to the club and always will be, ins and outs are what keep money moving and it's a staple of every club. But it goes hand in hand with the business and for to long we have focused all our intentions on player trading, that kept us going, ticking over and the only other revenue coming from match day tickets and tv revenue.

My firm belief is that Moshiri will turn us into a successful, streamlined profitable business. Thereby growing our revenue streams and relying less and less on player trading to balance the books. Commercial deals will be capitalised on and the Everton brand will grow, and keep growing.

With regards to the summer; yes there are no more excuses, he has a team in place to deliver these signings we all want. If the player doesn't fancy it, so be it and move on. If the signing is missed due to the negligence of either a member of the management team or board team then I expect firm action to be taken

This was never going to be a Manchester City splash the cash and challenge. This was a business venture that will return a very profitable return for any person who can link all the dots. If that person is moshiri and he gets us where he wants us before selling on for a healthy profit, then I'll thank him because we will be back on the map and where we belong
The business side of the club needed a overhaul and this is why you give your support? Erm, what overhauling has been done exactly? Even the training ground sponsorship is still to be ratified and it's in any case all rolled in with shirt sponsorship so you can't gauge what benefit it is. The stadium is still talk about talk about plans. The debt is merely owed to him now and he'll get that and then some when he sells up.

In other words you have FAITH in Moshiri. That's ok. It's ok to believe he will come through. But let's have some hard headed evaluation now. He's not done much since being here and he is severely under scrutiny from now on in.

Here we go again...and again and again. IF we make a major sale in the summer...be it £90 million or £60 million or even £40 million, OF COURSE it will be that money that is spent on incoming players. That's called good business. We would not spend another 70 million out of any other income stream just for the sake of bowing in front of the false God of 'Net Spend'. I thought the obsession with net spend had died a natural death, but apparently not. Everton wioll spend carefully, at a sensible level, just like City or Chelsea or Man Utd. We will spend big if its warranted, but we won't if we cannot get value. Again, that's good business. We will not spend just for the sake of 'net spend'.

All very sensible Steve, but if many fans....For various oft-stated reasons....believe we don't actually have a huge amount of cash to spend on players despite the change in ownership then another window spending little more or even less than what they take in for sales will only strengthen that belief. I don't think you, a random fan on the internet, stating strangely as if fact that "we will spend big if warranted" changes that.

I'm not one myself for board bashing and don't have a clue if we are loaded or not, but your argument was very dismissive and backed up only by your opinion. You compare to Chelsea, Man U and others but I'd be pretty sure they have had windows with large outlay and little incoming.

Moshiri has had an undeniably positive effect on the club for which I'm very grateful.
My only qualm with him is that he raised expectations of massive player investment that he hasn't delivered.
Leaving aside all the other budget hype he claimed we bid £60m for Koulibaly. That would have been in late July or early Aug 2016. Including the January window that leaves a lot of time in which we had a minimum of £60m net to spend if Mosh was telling the truth.
So why didn't we and why did we behave like a club who had much more limited funds with RK having to throw a tantrum to get the board to cough up for Morgan etc?

I can't recall many of the players we were reportedly 'in for' in the summer actually moving anywhere by the end of the window...not many anyway. So we didn't lose out much to other clubs. When Rom says they are 'playing in the league', its hard to work out who he means.Depay went abroad, and surely he doesn't mean Sissoko? or Joe Hart?What were the top sales between Prem clubs in the summer window? How many of those does Rom think should now be at Everton?

All very sensible Steve, but if many fans....For various oft-stated reasons....believe we don't actually have a huge amount of cash to spend on players despite the change in ownership then another window spending little more or even less than what they take in for sales will only strengthen that belief. I don't think you, a random fan on the internet, stating strangely as if fact that "we will spend big if warranted" changes that.

I'm not one myself for board bashing and don't have a clue if we are loaded or not, but your argument was very dismissive and backed up only by your opinion. You compare to Chelsea, Man U and others but I'd be pretty sure they have had windows with large outlay and little incoming.

I should have said we would have the ability to spend big if it was warranted....we of course might have difficulty in justifying a massive outlay on some players. Chelsea have certainly sold big in the past....and it took Man u quite a few seasons to spend the Ronaldo money.

Guys what where you all expecting? He done what we wanted, improved us on and off the field, we are close to announcing a new stadium, we are almost debt free and will be in the summer.

Think back to this time last year. RM in charge, struggling to stay in the league. No hope of Europe, Cleverly and Kone were STARTING matches, Barkley and Rom had given up, Stones was telling everyone to calm down as another shot bounced off him and went through Howard's arms.

How quick ppl forget
Been close to announcing a new stadium for 6 months + now and nothing has happened.

I should have said we would have the ability to spend big if it was warranted....we of course might have difficulty in justifying a massive outlay on some players. Chelsea have certainly sold big in the past....and it took Man u quite a few seasons to spend the Ronaldo money.

But again it's just your opinion that we have the ability to spend big, yano?

If we sell Rom for 80mil in the summer and spend 60m it won't really get rid of the belief/argument of many fans that we don't have that kind of money to spend without a sale.

Maybe the right sort of player wasn't avaiable in January . The summer is more important like
I really hope that was it but I know one player who was available. Gabbiadini.
He was judged the right player up until late December when the club leaked to the Echo that we'd cooled on him. Had he really been that poor from Sep to Dec that we completely changed our minds or were we offsetting the obvious questions should another club buy him?
Ultimately we went for Belfodil until RK apparently changed his mind. Did we really think Bel was better than Gabbi or was the fact that he was around half the price a factor?

But again it's just your opinion that we have the ability to spend big, yano?

If we sell Rom for 80mil in the summer and spend 60m it won't really get rid of the belief/argument of many fans that we don't have that kind of money to spend without a sale.
So instead of bed wetting and doom merchants why don't we wait and see.

BTW there are way more that this fella who speak as though what they say is complete fact.

I can't recall many of the players we were reportedly 'in for' in the summer actually moving anywhere by the end of the window...not many anyway. So we didn't lose out much to other clubs. When Rom says they are 'playing in the league', its hard to work out who he means.Depay went abroad, and surely he doesn't mean Sissoko? or Joe Hart?What were the top sales between Prem clubs in the summer window? How many of those does Rom think should now be at Everton?

Dunnno. That VVD? Though I cant see Rom being that arsed about a CB. Anyrate, the defence has been sound.

Ibra? lol

Actually, it is difficult to think of summer incomings that have made a difference at the top end of the table. Conte and Ibra seem to be the only game changers at any top club if you think about it.

I'm very glad we didn't waste money on Depay but it's clear RK rated and wanted him. We could have bought him and we didn't. Prudence or we simply didn't have enough funds left?

The business side of the club needed a overhaul and this is why you give your support? Erm, what overhauling has been done exactly? Even the training ground sponsorship is still to be ratified and it's in any case all rolled in with shirt sponsorship so you can't gauge what benefit it is. The stadium is still talk about talk about plans. The debt is merely owed to him now and he'll get that and then some when he sells up.

In other words you have FAITH in Moshiri. That's ok. It's ok to believe he will come through. But let's have some hard headed evaluation now. He's not done much since being here and he is severely under scrutiny from now on in.

We are currently locked into deals with Kitbag and Chang and from the AGM we will be seeking alternative sponsorship deal. The Finch Farm is separate entity from the shirt deal, the amount of the deal over the term confirms this. The amount of the shirt and sleeve sponsorship is next to be evaluated once announced, the percentage increase has been confirmed by the club.

We have had increased media coverage which is always beneficial to growing the brand, now people may laugh at certain things that are happening but it's increased coverage. Then there's the little things like sprucing up Goodison, this is all image related.

The new ground, well we have contrasting views on this. I have a very optimistic outlook on this, through things I've been told as well as having my own dealings with certain parts of that business.

And then the debt, exactly the same setup as Chelsea and other PL clubs. The debt is owned to moshiri with no repayment date or interest, so it's a bit different to owing this to the original lender. In fact it's day and night.

Time will tell and in 12 months we'll know who is correct, I'm confident it'll be me

I really hope that was it but I know one player who was available. Gabbiadini.
He was judged the right player up until late December when the club leaked to the Echo that we'd cooled on him. Had he really been that poor from Sep to Dec that we completely changed our minds or were we offsetting the obvious questions should another club buy him?
Ultimately we went for Belfodil until RK apparently changed his mind. Did we really think Bel was better than Gabbi or was the fact that he was around half the price a factor?
Yes. He was garbage.
And I'm still not convinced as,from what I have seen, his tap in goals won't last forever at Southampton.
Glad we swerved.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back