Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Everythings going to be great, you will see!

We are caught at a crossroads.

The impatients want it and want it now. The calmer heads can see change afoot and are in for the long haul.

Man City got it immediately, but it didn't work immediately. They had to go through millions on garbage before they got it right.

The stadium is the key to our future.
Ppl forget this but it took Man City 8 TW to win anything. 8 and that was before FFP and Spurs improving a lot

Maybe mate, im not totally losing faith, but honestly its starting to stink a little now, its been 12months, my sheets are bone dry, im not expecting everything to be done tomorrow, im just starting to see more and more things I dont like, words, thats all im seeing currently. When we start seeing some action to go with those words, then great, but until then, im firmly cheese on toast.

Cant argue with. I think once the stadium gets the seal and then the shares are purchased we'll be looking a lot better. After years of failure I'm keeping very optimistic about this one, it's got to come good for us, surely....

One thing I do dislike is the Jim White love-in, that is grating on me

Cant argue with. I think once the stadium gets the seal and then the shares are purchased we'll be looking a lot better. After years of failure I'm keeping very optimistic about this one, it's got to come good for us, surely....

One thing I do dislike is the Jim White love-in, that is grating on me

To add, im seeing a lot of things I do like, the clearing of the tosh over the last 2 windows has been sheer joy, it allows us wiggle room with regards wages, space in the squad and all manner of things, Europa League will also help us to "attract" better players, which sets us up nicely for a busy summer transfer window.

Rom has pointed out what needs to be done, the second that transfer window opens, sign some quality players, show Rom we have ambition, it might not be enough, but it at least takes away "a reason" to leave. And now im not saying sign Messi, neither is Rom, hes saying there are quality players we CAN attract, so sign them for Gods sake, not talk about the 1s that got away.

Monopoly money, roll the dice.

Ppl forget this but it took Man City 8 TW to win anything. 8 and that was before FFP and Spurs improving a lot

With City, people remember the Robinho window because it was a shock. Yes, it took at least 8/9 windows to get the squad they first won the league with, pre-FFP and with everything in place in terms of a stadium. Plus their vast money pit, don't forget that like.

Spurs have been building since losing Bale and similarly, it's been rough going. Under AVB there were signs of a good squad but a lot of that initial window proved to be a lot of duds - Vlad Chicheres, Capoue, Soldado and Paulinho.

They are still improving under Pochettino though. They're not the finished product nearly five seasons later.

They both hit on some players early like. City with Kompany and Zabaleta, Spurs with Eriksen. It takes time.

We, arguably, had/have a better starting squad than them both once they started progressing and we may need less time to turn it over and look like a team that can contend.

Patience, gentlemen. It's a virtue.

Last edited:
Guys what where you all expecting? He done what we wanted, improved us on and off the field, we are close to announcing a new stadium, we are almost debt free and will be in the summer.

Think back to this time last year. RM in charge, struggling to stay in the league. No hope of Europe, Cleverly and Kone were STARTING matches, Barkley and Rom had given up, Stones was telling everyone to calm down as another shot bounced off him and went through Howard's arms.

How quick ppl forget

To add, im seeing a lot of things I do like, the clearing of the tosh over the last 2 windows has been sheer joy, it allows us wiggle room with regards wages, space in the squad and all manner of things, Europa League will also help us to "attract" better players, which sets us up nicely for a busy summer transfer window.

Rom has pointed out what needs to be done, the second that transfer window opens, sign some quality players, show Rom we have ambition, it might not be enough, but it at least takes away "a reason" to leave. And now im not saying sign Messi, neither is Rom, hes saying there are quality players we CAN attract, so sign them for Gods sake, not talk about the 1s that got away.

Monopoly money, roll the dice.

The thing about the Lukaku interview which is so toxic is that he underlines that this lot are big on promises and short on delivery...so what top player will take a chance on coming here if they hear him say that and he himself has Everton on probation?

The thing about the Lukaku interview which is so toxic is that he underlines that this lot are big on promises and short on delivery...so what top player will take a chance on coming here if they hear him say that and he himself has Everton on probation?

A valid point and 1 I was going to mention but felt theres enough Lukaku talk elsewhere.

The whole thing is a massive kick in the plums for the club.

Now do we go down clutching them crying? or do we stand tall, get our plums out and wiggle them around?

Stay tuned.

Guys what where you all expecting? He done what we wanted, improved us on and off the field, we are close to announcing a new stadium, we are almost debt free and will be in the summer.

Think back to this time last year. RM in charge, struggling to stay in the league. No hope of Europe, Cleverly and Kone were STARTING matches, Barkley and Rom had given up, Stones was telling everyone to calm down as another shot bounced off him and went through Howard's arms.

How quick ppl forget
...people dont forget SUBSTANTIAL improvements.

We are 7th, our season ended early January, the stadium issue is not one jot further along than it was at the beginning of the season once the BS is stripped out of the Peel statement, the debt is now owed to Moshiri rather than the Prudential.

...people dont forget SUBSTANTIAL improvements.

We are 7th, our season ended early January, the stadium issue is not one jot further along than it was at the beginning of the season once the BS is stripped out of the Peel statement, the debt is now owed to Moshiri rather than the Prudential.

Dave, you've got to stop with this line.

A valid point and 1 I was going to mention but felt theres enough Lukaku talk elsewhere.

The whole thing is a massive kick in the plums for the club.

Now do we go down clutching them crying? or do we stand tall, get our plums out and wiggle them around?

Stay tuned.
Lukaku took the pin out and threw the grenade into the bunker...then some are actually asking why the media were spinning a negative line on the comments he'd made.

Astounding.

He basically demolished the Moshiri myth in one fell swoop. And this manager was collateral damage when he sat there today and stated he was not happy over the comments.

Will the higher league position and EL qualification help this, not having a dog at bobby (being serious for a change) but did the previous 2 campaigns actually do reputations damage??

I agree that him saying thatmay have an affect on our future dealings, but this is now up to the board to really try and convince the players. There's no excuses this summer

Lukaku took the pin out and threw the grenade into the bunker...then some are actually asking why the media were spinning a negative line on the comments he'd made.

Astounding.

He basically demolished the Moshiri myth in one fell swoop. And this manager was collateral damage when he sat there today and stated he was not happy over the comments.

Ronnys playing a blinder.

You leave Ronny be.

I do enjoy the spin some are making tho regards the media, HOW DARE THEY PUBLISH THE NEWS.

Will the higher league position and EL qualification help this, not having a dog at bobby (being serious for a change) but did the previous 2 campaigns actually do reputations damage??

I agree that him saying thatmay have an affect on our future dealings, but this is now up to the board to really try and convince the players. There's no excuses this summer
But how can you be sating this when you have total confidence in the Moshiri plan?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back