Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Isn't Giabbadini the most likely one ROm w
I can't recall many of the players we were reportedly 'in for' in the summer actually moving anywhere by the end of the window...not many anyway. So we didn't lose out much to other clubs. When Rom says they are 'playing in the league', its hard to work out who he means.Depay went abroad, and surely he doesn't mean Sissoko? or Joe Hart?What were the top sales between Prem clubs in the summer window? How many of those does Rom think should now be at Everton?

Rom never said it was a player bid for in the summer.

"A: Obviously stuff is changing and stuff is happening, but like I said there were some players that we could have got. That I knew the club could have got and they didn’t get. And they are playing in this league. I am not saying names, but they are doing well."

My guess is it's Giabadinni. He's scoring goals at Southampton. The press thought we could have got him too. Just an educated guess though.

So instead of bed wetting and doom merchants why don't we wait and see.

BTW there are way more that this fella who speak as though what they say is complete fact.

Because I think that the general recent history of the club would lead most people to side toward the sceptical, non-believer, bed wetter or doom merchant side of the whole thing. I was only saying I personally have no opinion either way, but can understand the more negative slant on all things money related at Everton. I pulled up somebody dismissing another poster whilst basing their whole point on an opinion.

I am aware that more than this one poster likes to posit opinion as fact Iano and have had similar exchanges with others including your favourite.

I really hope that was it but I know one player who was available. Gabbiadini.
He was judged the right player up until late December when the club leaked to the Echo that we'd cooled on him. Had he really been that poor from Sep to Dec that we completely changed our minds or were we offsetting the obvious questions should another club buy him?
Ultimately we went for Belfodil until RK apparently changed his mind. Did we really think Bel was better than Gabbi or was the fact that he was around half the price a factor?
Depay was another mate

So instead of bed wetting and doom merchants why don't we wait and see.
Feels like we're back in August 2016 when this argument was repeated ad infinitum to anyone who dared cast aspersions on the existence of the massive war chest.
Two full transfer windows have passed. I think the time for using the 'wait and see' rebuke to shut down questions has also.
Personally I still have my fingers crossed for the summer but, as of yet, I haven't seen any clear evidence that we have the big spending power that Moshiri's Koulibaly claim implied we had.

Isn't Giabbadini the most likely one ROm w

Rom never said it was a player bid for in the summer.

"A: Obviously stuff is changing and stuff is happening, but like I said there were some players that we could have got. That I knew the club could have got and they didn’t get. And they are playing in this league. I am not saying names, but they are doing well."

My guess is it's Giabadinni. He's scoring goals at Southampton. The press thought we could have got him too. Just an educated guess though.

He, Giabadinni, has played how many PL games, at Southampton? Let him go there then, that dead ambitious club.

First time I can remember a player setting transfer targets.

If any Jackpot FC offered up a decent price, on our terms, I would happily ship the lad out.

Reminds me of a clever clogs at school who thinks he knows more than the teacher cos he read a few books.

Yes. He was garbage.
And I'm still not convinced as,from what I have seen, his tap in goals won't last forever at Southampton.
Glad we swerved.
It remains to be seen if his current good form will last but the pertinent question is did his form from Sep to Dec decline dramatically enough to that which preceded it to warrant a complete reversal in our interest in him and for us to judge Belfodil the superior target or were there other factors i.e. cost?

He, Giabadinni, has played how many PL games, at Southampton? Let him go there then, that dead ambitious club.

First time I can remember a player setting transfer targets.

If any Jackpot FC offered up a decent price, on our terms, I would happily ship the lad out.

Reminds me of a clever clogs at school who thinks he knows more than the teacher cos he read a few books.
To be fair. Sometimes the clever clog does know more than the teacher.

Not sure why we give a damn that one of our players wants to win things. Doesn't even matter to me if it's a smokescreen, it's a good enough one for me to shrug my shoulders and say Fair Dos.

He wants something that he hasn't been offered, or doesn't believe will come - whether it's a low release clause or big spending. Just an employee negotiating with their employer...in a fairly standard manner for his level of success and profession.

I guess I just don't see a reason to get upset. A little disappointed, sure, I'd love for all of our players to bleed blue, and I certainly don't want to see a player of Lukaku's caliber flit off to some other team. But I'm certainly not mad at him. And if his words were genuine...well, fair play to him. We need players that are out there to win.

Feels like we're back in August 2016 when this argument was repeated ad infinitum to anyone who dared cast aspersions on the existence of the massive war chest.
Two full transfer windows have passed. I think the time for using the 'wait and see' rebuke to shut down questions has also.
Personally I still have my fingers crossed for the summer but, as of yet, I haven't seen any clear evidence that we have the big spending power that Moshiri's Koulibaly claim implied we had.
But it ain't FIFA. You don't do back to back 11th placed finishes and then try to sign top tier players or as near to. It's a process, from 11th to 7th is the first step.

But I'm not trying to be smart after the event, I've consistently said that this summer is the acid test, if after the summer the general consensus is it's been a failure, then I'll admit I was wrong, but I was more than satisfied January, as I'd said prior to it, that it's a terrible window to do great business, yet we did.

Like I said, it's always been about this summer for me, I'll be right aboard the fune train if it goes tits up, until then I'm fine with things so far.

Not sure why we give a damn that one of our players wants to win things. Doesn't even matter to me if it's a smokescreen, it's a good enough one for me to shrug my shoulders and say Fair Dos.

He wants something that he hasn't been offered, or doesn't believe will come - whether it's a low release clause or big spending. Just an employee negotiating with their employer...in a fairly standard manner for his level of success and profession.

I guess I just don't see a reason to get upset. A little disappointed, sure, I'd love for all of our players to bleed blue, and I certainly don't want to see a player of Lukaku's caliber flit off to some other team. But I'm certainly not mad at him. And if his words were genuine...well, fair play to him. We need players that are out there to win.

Aye, I get your point.

The only bit of the interview that I was really annoyed at was the "I know players in the PL, doing really well, we were after" Utter BS imo.

Perhaps they didnt fancy playing in a team with you as the focal point? Food for thought.

I'm sure he doesn't bleed blue but I definitely think he cares enough about this club, I get the impression if he could win big trophies with us he would be happy, but I just maybe a hopeless blue romantic!

It remains to be seen if his current good form will last but the pertinent question is did his form from Sep to Dec decline dramatically enough to that which preceded it to warrant a complete reversal in our interest in him and for us to judge Belfodil the superior target or were there other factors i.e. cost?
0 goals mate and pretty much benched.

Aye, I get your point.

The only bit of the interview that I was really annoyed at was the "I know players in the PL, doing really well, we were after" Utter BS imo.

Perhaps they didnt fancy playing in a team with you as the focal point? Food for thought.

Maybe he knows about players we were after that never got linked in the media?

Mata? Or it could just be nonsense for sure. But the thrust of his argument is fair at least. We haven't spent anymore than we've sold. January we brought in a very good midfielder, a winger for the future, and ....got rid of some crap. Last summer we threw bids around like drunk college students eventually spending £30 MILLION on Yannick Bolasie (I don't hate Bolasie, but the fee is eye-watering even with inflation, he's not THAT good). Gueye was a good buy, but a bargain.

I'm not suggesting we SHOULD spend simply to spend. It's not the smart play. But if you're trying to convince a player of your ambition, we've done very little in actuality to make that anything except promises. From Lukaku's point of view, what has Moshiri actually done that will lead to Rom into the Champion's League?

The stadium is great, for the fans, for our future income, for Everton long term. It doesn't immediately help Rom get CL.

The debt being converted to interest free is good for the long term health of the club. It doesn't immediately help Rom get CL.

The players we bought are in accordance with finishing 5th-8th. Maybe there are really good reasons! Those reasons don't immediately help Rom get CL.

You're asking a player to wait and see when he has no real actual reason to wait and see. And he did anyway for a year before speaking up.

I've consistently said that this summer is the acid test
If this summer is the acid test then what, for you, constitutes passing this test?
There's still hope but it's looking likely that Rom will be sold say for £75m. In that scenario is there any realistic outcome whereby you'll begin to question Moshiri's implied claim of a massive budget regarding the Koulibaly bid?
That's to say if we spend £80m+ we'll be up their with the Chelseas but will, over 3 windows, have largely funded our buys with the sale of our prize assets.
If this happens will you see it as evidence for or against? I suspect you'll take a wait and see attitude. That will take us to February 2018.

If this summer is the acid test then what, for you, constitutes passing this test?
There's still hope but it's looking likely that Rom will be sold say for £75m. In that scenario is there any realistic outcome whereby you'll begin to question Moshiri's implied claim of a massive budget regarding the Koulibaly bid?
That's to say if we spend £80m+ we'll be up their with the Chelseas but will, over 3 windows, have largely funded our buys with the sale of our prize assets.
If this happens will you see it as evidence for or against? I suspect you'll take a wait and see attitude. That will take us to February 2018.
I have no faith in any club in Jan. I firmly believe Rom is gone. I also think trying to buy a squad in one window doesn't work, see Spurs post Bale and RS post Suarez.

out if interest if Rom goes for £80m does that mean that we have to spend £130m to prove he's the real deal?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back