Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
That's be a waste of time. It is what it is now and we can only hope that we have the right owner in place.

What we can say is that the honeymoon period is over and now Moshiri will be judged on squad investment, commercial deals and stadium progress....real stadium progress.
12 months? for the vast majority of my life we have been average, often a lot worse than that, we appear to be moving forwards one step at a time, what do you prefer chuck everything at it like Ridsdale did at Leeds or a long term plan which may eventually leave us in a position to be challenging for years, if it doesn't what do you suggest? a March? bake a cake? cushions from the main stand?

Only possible defence I could give the board is that maybe they knew this squad would be good enough for 7th and they rathered save the cash to attract better standards of players this summer having European football?

Very similiar situation at Newcastle, Benitez was fuming with Ashley over not spending in January but the board pretty much said they have enough to get promotion so why waste money on players who probably won't be good enough for the Premier league 6 months down the line.

That's me being kind as the summer was a joke, although it was a awful window.

I'm coming across as a panicker.

I agree with you that we should try and get the best deal. However, if Moshiri is truly dedicated to returning Everton to the top, there is a worry of being too cautious and too systematic.

It's not enough to get the business side well sorted. We also need to make truly class players believe in us as a place they can come and win things and compete at the highest level. That means we can't whiff on every target just because each time the price got a bit too high. It means we shouldn't be so languorous that players like Lukaku begin to think it's all a show and empty promises.

Sometimes you need to spend simply to show you can and will.

That might be a case of putting the cart before the horse. All well and good to spend like a sailor on shore leave on top-level players, but if the infrastructure isn't there to support that spending, we'll sink faster than the Lusitania. I'm more in the "build it and they will come" camp as an actual new stadium, etc., will tell all and sundry that we ARE a club worth joining.

the main reason we missed out on most of our targets seems to be because teams like porto and napoli were trying to take us for a ride thinking we'd just bend over for them and the other reason was simply because we weren't deemed good enough yet for their stature.

Trust us to go and buy one of the few players in football that is actually ambitious and truthful instead of bending over and accepting the money, ffs lukaku!

Only possible defence I could give the board is that maybe they knew this squad would be good enough for 7th and they rathered save the cash to attract better standards of players this summer having European football?

Very similiar situation at Newcastle, Benitez was fuming with Ashley over not spending in January but the board pretty much said they have enough to get promotion so why waste money on players who probably won't be good enough for the Premier league 6 months down the line.

That's me being kind as the summer was a joke, although it was a awful window.
Very similar situation at Newcastle sorry mate not buying that one also are you suggesting the board new 7th would get us Europe, that's some crystal ball that saved them a packet

Kind of, yes.

He has to spend something or he's just literally doing what Kenwright and Moyes did unsuccessfully for a decade. Selling high, buying low.

We need £130 million investment in the squad if Rom goes. We really do! You said yourself, January doesn't work. So if we buy 80 mill and have to replace Rom...we spent, what? A bunch on a Rom replacement. Plus all the other attacking positions we need. And our defense. And probably a keeper.

Alternatively, we buy a few players and replace Rom. Finish 6th. Sell Ross. Rinse, repeat.

We need to actually buy a squad ffs. Our attacking options are horrifying. So our our central defensive options honestly (and they're aging!).

It's not like we have a big squad that can absorb it's best player leaving, replace him, add a little bit extra and we've made it.

We're miles off being able to regularly compete for and in the Champions League.
Even if Rom stays we need to invest over 150m in the squad to seriously challenge top 4. A lot of that can be generated from player sales but not our crown jewells. If Rom goes then you can increase that figure to 200m.

We all know last summer was a mess, took to long to get RK in(went on 2 holidays) then we took a while to get Walsh. We also finished 11th twice and had loads of debt and so on and so forth.

This summer we have the manager(unless Barca or Arsenal come calling) we have a proper scouting structure set up. We should have Europe(unless LC win CL) we will have finished in the top 7. Have a far better wage budget available with Jan clear out an Kone gone. We also have money from players already sold(Cleverly, Niassie). New shirt sponsor money, improved cash from high place finish, ticket sales(sell out every home game) an more than likely a new ground on the horizon.

So yes no excuses this summer window.

The highlighted section brings us to 01 September 2018 before you'll be willing to draw any conclusions about the budget claims. That's two and a half years after Moshiri arrived to headlines of a huge summer budget.
We were supposed to be in for Koulibaly in July 2016. We've already had plenty of time to spend the £60 including 4 months to prepare for January.
This summer the Rom money could easily be swallowed by 2 realistic targets of the M Keane level. We clearly need more, far more if in EL, so yes I certainly expect to spend beyond the Rom money if it's there to spend.

What happened to the Sissoko money? Seriously, I think that since Moshiri arrived, we have had money to spend, and what was spent would have been spent regardless of Stones going(Apart from the stop gap of Williams...not needed if Stones stayed). I have never thought that 'net spend' was a true measure of ambition...the value and performance of the team on the pitch is what counts, and we are gradually improving,with progress more rapid as time goes on.

The business side of the club needed a overhaul and this is why you give your support? Erm, what overhauling has been done exactly? Even the training ground sponsorship is still to be ratified and it's in any case all rolled in with shirt sponsorship so you can't gauge what benefit it is. The stadium is still talk about talk about plans. The debt is merely owed to him now and he'll get that and then some when he sells up.

In other words you have FAITH in Moshiri. That's ok. It's ok to believe he will come through. But let's have some hard headed evaluation now. He's not done much since being here and he is severely under scrutiny from now on in.

USM is on the electronic pitch boards and on the sponsors board used for the post match pressers, in short, what are you talking about?

To say there's not been a marked change at Everton across the spectrum since the arrival of Moshiri, is to deny reality. If you choose to look at what's happening at the club with an air of caution then that's fine and your prerogative, but you constantly come at it from an angle that denies the facts. The wiping of the debt being one example, I've no idea why you can't accept that him sticking £80m onto the balance sheet isn't a massive positive.

USM is on the electronic pitch boards and on the sponsors board used for the post match pressers, in short, what are you talking about?

To say there's not been a marked change at Everton across the spectrum since the arrival of Moshiri, is to deny reality. If you choose to look at what's happening at the club with an air of caution then that's fine and your prerogative, but you constantly come at it from an angle that denies the facts. The wiping of the debt being one example, I've no idea why you can't accept that him sticking £80m onto the balance sheet isn't a massive positive.
*sigh* not been ratified by the PL.

You say there's been marked change at Everton: what marked change? All the bozos previously running the club are still in situ, the commercial deals you claim are taking place are not struck, we still see star players exiting and a manager largely forced to use the proceeds of sales and getting players out the door to make room for any incoming, and there's no substantial stadium developments we can say places Everton with a toe hold on a new site.

It's largely spin and, as stated already, you either accept it or reject it.

*sigh* not been ratified by the PL

You say there's been marked change at Everton: what marked change? All the bozos previously running the club are still in situ, the commercial deals you claim are taking place are not struck, we still see star players exiting and a manager largely forced to use the proceeds of sales and getting players out the door to make room for any incoming, and there's no substantial stadium developments we can say places Everton with a toe hold on a new site.

Since when does it have to be ratified by the PL? It doesn't, and it's in place.

It's not largely spin at all, what's spin is your desire to turn obvious positives into negatives about every aspect of the club.

Loans paid off - he'll make some money one day

New Sponsorship revenue - the PL will piss on it

New dream ground move on the horizon - it'll never happen

New players arriving - they're not good enough

Obvious improvement on the pitch - hoofball

I've no idea what you get out of it Dave. I only took you off ignore as the entire forum makes no sense when your posts are removed.

*sigh* not been ratified by the PL.

After reading that statement, i thought for a minute that you were giving our manager praise for the job he is doing under such circumstances

After reading that statement, i thought for a minute that you were giving our manager praise for the job he is doing under such circumstances
He's spent cash, but he has had to clear out a lot of players and half the spending was from a big name sale. As said....as per usual.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back