Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Since when does it have to be ratified by the PL? It doesn't, and it's in place.

It's not largely spin at all, what's spin is your desire to turn obvious positives into negatives about every aspect of the club.

Loans paid off - he'll make some money one day

New Sponsorship revenue - the PL will piss on it

New dream ground move on the horizon - it'll never happen

New players arriving - they're not good enough

Obvious improvement on the pitch - hoofball

I've no idea what you get out of it Dave. I only took you off ignore as the entire forum makes no sense when your posts are removed.

Dave has inside information don't you know from the FA.

What happened to the Sissoko money? Seriously, I think that since Moshiri arrived, we have had money to spend, and what was spent would have been spent regardless of Stones going(Apart from the stop gap of Williams...not needed if Stones stayed). I have never thought that 'net spend' was a true measure of ambition...the value and performance of the team on the pitch is what counts, and we are gradually improving,with progress more rapid as time goes on.

Good point.
Spurs have a negative net spend from the last five years.

It's nonsense, why would Lukaku get involved in any of that? He's a footballer not a politician, he's looking out for himself.

The most obvious thing is usually right, it's not complicated, Lukaku is saying that he no longer believes all these promises of Everton's new riches.

I think there's sometimes a misunderstanding of the way journalism works though. You will never find a quote saying we were going to spend £100m because it will never have been said on the record. When you see the same things reported by numerous outlets without direct quotes, it usually means that either the press officer or a regular 'source' at the club has given an off the record briefing to the press. The £100m figure was too widely reported to have been plucked from thin air, it was clearly said by somebody that the journalists trusted.

With regard to the highlighted bit, we're effectively saying that Moshiri doesn't know how business works, as he went on record saying we had bid £60m for Koulibaly. As we didn't spend that money elsewhere, he was obviously publicising that we still had it burning a hole.

Sorry, but I don't trust the majority of sports,particularly football journos. Just listen to Sunday Supplement on Sky when the tabloid sporties are on the panel. The £100 million figure as you say did not come from anywhere 'official'...my opinion is that someone somewhere made it up to impress someone(probably a totally internet thing) As for money not spent 'burning a hole'...NO.Given that the money was /is there it would not be spent just for the sake of spending, there would have to be legitimate targets available and wanting to come to Everton. Did Koulibaly actually move anywhere?

Sorry, but I don't trust the majority of sports,particularly football journos. Just listen to Sunday Supplement on Sky when the tabloid sporties are on the panel. The £100 million figure as you say did not come from anywhere 'official'...my opinion is that someone somewhere made it up to impress someone(probably a totally internet thing) As for money not spent 'burning a hole'...NO.Given that the money was /is there it would not be spent just for the sake of spending, there would have to be legitimate targets available and wanting to come to Everton. Did Koulibaly actually move anywhere?
As I say, I think you're doing journalists a disservice. I know how these things work as the same happens in my industry, I would put decent money on that figure having been said by somebody at Everton to a number of journalists. It's the same principle as the Lukaku saga being reported, no press release or conference was given, but all the journalists start reporting it at the same time, because they've been told off the record.

You've totally misunderstood the second point. I wasn't suggesting we had to spend the money, I was saying that Moshiri had effectively done what you said nobody ever does, by informing all and sundry that we had £60m to spend.

As I say, I think you're doing journalists a disservice. I know how these things work as the same happens in my industry, I would put decent money on that figure having been said by somebody at Everton to a number of journalists. It's the same principle as the Lukaku saga being reported, no press release or conference was given, but all the journalists start reporting it at the same time, because they've been told off the record.

You've totally misunderstood the second point. I wasn't suggesting we had to spend the money, I was saying that Moshiri had effectively done what you said nobody ever does, by informing all and sundry that we had £60m to spend.

Seems that he was willing to use £30 million of it on Sissoko. Its turning into a re run of Brewsters Millions........ Sorry I misunderstood...'burning a hole' usually means that you're anxious to spend. We'll have to agree to disagree about modern sports journalism, in the rags their brief is basically 'write what you like as long as it sells a few more papers' ....that from the mouth of a journo to me directly 'basically you're working for a magazine, not a NEWSpaper'...another direct quote. Re Lukaku....again its just an opinion, but I'd suggest that the driving force behind Rom and his media utterances are his agent and his father, rather than the club. The club has actually played a blinder in all this really, Lukaku has appeared to (finally) say the right populist thing, and Koeman has quite rightly supported the club and earned kudos for his pressie. At the moment, in the PR stakes, its win win for Everton. Lukaku can be appeased for another season, and the team will improve further.

Going to be a good summer on GOT no matter what happens.

Either Moshiri delivers the signings or we enter the thunderdome as people aggressively debate whether or not he is a fraud.

Looking forward to it.
There should be no debate.

He delivers the signings = not a fraud

He doesn't = he is a fraud.

(There is of course a third option, he delivers some OK signings and sells Rom, then this place goes into civil war!)

There should be no debate.

He delivers the signings = not a fraud

He doesn't = he is a fraud.

(There is of course a third option, he delivers some OK signings and sells Rom, then this place goes into civil war!)

To be fair there are more options, the targets we want may still not want to come to us, then do we buy players that at a similar level to what we have now just for the sake of it so it looks like we are spending?

I would rather invest in youth which will probably cheaper if we don't get in the known performers.

There is also the stadium issue, if he is holding the cash back for the build, i can't see how anyone can call him a fraud.

He may turn out to be someone in it for the money but i don't think we can say we know for sure one way or another after him only being here 18 months come summer.

Just like If we spend 100-150 million doesn't mean he is on the level, Randy Learner spent a load in his first few years at Villa. Only a good few season will be able to tell us what exactly he is like as an owner.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back