Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
I too found esk's post odd, an owner setting up a situation to fire the owner into action? Odd.
Except when I think about it , technically he, Moshiri , isn't the owner at present he is the largest shareholder. His future ownership is we are told reliant on the delivery of a new stadium. Until then it is still seemingly the Bill n Bob show. I am drawn back to Kenwright's frequent use of the term 'investor' as opposed to buyer in the past.
We are showing the same puzzling reluctance pay clubs what they ask, for players our management team have approved, as we have in the past.
It occurs to me that Kenwright hopes to use Moshiri as he attempted to use Gregg, as a means to finesse the finances for a new stadium whilst keeping him from actual de facto control of the club?
Tin hat musings I know, but a thought all the same . After all we're talking about a man who apparently counts the devious and odious Green as a friend and ally.
Correct.

I too found esk's post odd, an owner setting up a situation to fire the owner into action? Odd.
Except when I think about it , technically he, Moshiri , isn't the owner at present he is the largest shareholder. His future ownership is we are told reliant on the delivery of a new stadium. Until then it is still seemingly the Bill n Bob show. I am drawn back to Kenwright's frequent use of the term 'investor' as opposed to buyer in the past.
We are showing the same puzzling reluctance pay clubs what they ask, for players our management team have approved, as we have in the past.
It occurs to me that Kenwright hopes to use Moshiri as he attempted to use Gregg, as a means to finesse the finances for a new stadium whilst keeping him from actual de facto control of the club?
Tin hat musings I know, but a thought all the same . After all we're talking about a man who apparently counts the devious and odious Green as a friend and ally.
Interesting post.

Going to be a good summer on GOT no matter what happens.

Either Moshiri delivers the signings or we enter the thunderdome as people aggressively debate whether or not he is a fraud.

Looking forward to it.
I disagree. If we get to Sept 1st and the general consensus isn't that Moshiri is 'The Man' to lead us forward, then I think the sentiment will be unanimous.

To be fair there are more options, the targets we want may still not want to come to us, then do we buy players that at a similar level to what we have now just for the sake of it so it looks like we are spending?

I would rather invest in youth which will probably cheaper if we don't get in the known performers.

There is also the stadium issue, if he is holding the cash back for the build, i can't see how anyone can call him a fraud.

He may turn out to be someone in it for the money but i don't think we can say we know for sure one way or another after him only being here 18 months come summer.

Just like If we spend 100-150 million doesn't mean he is on the level, Randy Learner spent a load in his first few years at Villa. Only a good few season will be able to tell us what exactly he is like as an owner.

@Chimpy Glassman made a good point about delivering the stadium as well I thought.

It was only a gag, but since folks are taking it seriously..... The stadium (if it happens) will be great but we're not going to get a "feel good factor" from it for several years (no matter what fatty Joe thinks). Moshiri has a PR problem right now, exacerbated by Rom and Raiola's public bish-slap. At least one universally acclaimed transfer window is needed to build faith with the fanbase and (perhaps maybe even more importantly) with the major media outlets, which will make everything else he wants to do easier.

As supporters all we can do is form opinions based on rumours and hearsay from doubtful origins, and its impossible to sift through everything that is said, printed, or heard , lots of which is contradictory and without any kind of back up information. Personally I think that overall Moshiri has been doing fine, and that progress will continue at a rate which is frustrating to many supporters and also to Mr. Lukaku. I would like to add another thought to the mix....Mr. Moshiri has come from Arsenal, a club which to some extent neglected the playing side and transfer business while getting finance together for a new stadium. He does therefore to some extent have 'form' in this respect...he may not have been the main perpetrator of the Arsenal method, but he was certainly aware of their modus operandum. Does that mean he is doing something similar at Everton? I don't know.

*****Boring post alert*****
If Lukaku gets sold for 80m pure cash deal and has a current book value of 12 mil, a 68 mil profit is made which would be deemed a chargeable event so liable to tax at 20%, ie 13.6mil. This means that 66.4 mil after tax is available to spend.
The above is based on the profit from Stones taking out the accumulated losses for tax purposes.
Hopefully @ToffeeTim will agree with this.

So just cos you get 80mil, doesn't follow that you can spend 80mil.

Just saying.

As supporters all we can do is form opinions based on rumours and hearsay from doubtful origins, and its impossible to sift through everything that is said, printed, or heard , lots of which is contradictory and without any kind of back up information. Personally I think that overall Moshiri has been doing fine, and that progress will continue at a rate which is frustrating to many supporters and also to Mr. Lukaku. I would like to add another thought to the mix....Mr. Moshiri has come from Arsenal, a club which to some extent neglected the playing side and transfer business while getting finance together for a new stadium. He does therefore to some extent have 'form' in this respect...he may not have been the main perpetrator of the Arsenal method, but he was certainly aware of their modus operandum. Does that mean he is doing something similar at Everton? I don't know.

In regards the arsenal situation, his form in that can be easily looked up via the open letter he signed with usmanov laying out a lot if criticism for how the owner handled it and especially the neglect of tgecplaying staff and losing their best players to rivals

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back