Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Since when does it have to be ratified by the PL? It doesn't, and it's in place.

It's not largely spin at all, what's spin is your desire to turn obvious positives into negatives about every aspect of the club.

Loans paid off - he'll make some money one day

New Sponsorship revenue - the PL will piss on it

New dream ground move on the horizon - it'll never happen

New players arriving - they're not good enough

Obvious improvement on the pitch - hoofball

I've no idea what you get out of it Dave. I only took you off ignore as the entire forum makes no sense when your posts are removed.

Notice now how he ignores your post which shoots his to bits and starts debating with somebody else.

In answer to your statement, "you don't know what he gets out of it", I can only assume its his only form of communication with the outside world as he is on here 24 x 7 aggressively trying to bully posters with his mouth frothing garbage.

12 months? for the vast majority of my life we have been average, often a lot worse than that, we appear to be moving forwards one step at a time, what do you prefer chuck everything at it like Ridsdale did at Leeds or a long term plan which may eventually leave us in a position to be challenging for years, if it doesn't what do you suggest? a March? bake a cake? cushions for the main stand?

Yeah bring back the cushions, worse thing they ever did getting rid of those...instant feed back - a tsunami of cushion shaped frisbees

Notice now how he ignores your post which shoots his to bits and starts debating with somebody else.

In answer to your statement, "you don't know what he gets out of it", I can only assume its his only form of communication with the outside world as he is on here 24 x 7 aggressively trying to bully posters with his mouth frothing garbage.
bang on there mate, i have visions of some fat housebound meff, busily contradicting people all over the interweb, probably on mumsnet "them pampers aren't all that yer know girl"

I too found esk's post odd, an owner setting up a situation to fire the owner into action? Odd.
Except when I think about it , technically he, Moshiri , isn't the owner at present he is the largest shareholder. His future ownership is we are told reliant on the delivery of a new stadium. Until then it is still seemingly the Bill n Bob show. I am drawn back to Kenwright's frequent use of the term 'investor' as opposed to buyer in the past.
We are showing the same puzzling reluctance pay clubs what they ask, for players our management team have approved, as we have in the past.
It occurs to me that Kenwright hopes to use Moshiri as he attempted to use Gregg, as a means to finesse the finances for a new stadium whilst keeping him from actual de facto control of the club?
Tin hat musings I know, but a thought all the same . After all we're talking about a man who apparently counts the devious and odious Green as a friend and ally.

So instead of bed wetting and doom merchants why don't we wait and see.

BTW there are way more that this fella who speak as though what they say is complete fact.

Not suggesting its fact....merely suggesting that the vibes coming out of the boardroom and a new 'owner' with proven assets of around £2 billion was prepared and understood that big money should be available if the right opportunity to spend it came along. Anything I ever write on here is just my opinion based on the available reports. Most of us who have followed football for a while can differentiate between lazy meaningless journalism, sensible reportage and sensational writing to sell papers. For example...no one ever found a reliable confirmed quote that 'we had a war chest of £100 million'...in fact any club that states in advance of a window how much they have to spend doesn't know how business works.

Not suggesting its fact....merely suggesting that the vibes coming out of the boardroom and a new 'owner' with proven assets of around £2 billion was prepared and understood that big money should be available if the right opportunity to spend it came along. Anything I ever write on here is just my opinion based on the available reports. Most of us who have followed football for a while can differentiate between lazy meaningless journalism, sensible reportage and sensational writing to sell papers. For example...no one ever found a reliable confirmed quote that 'we had a war chest of £100 million'...in fact any club that states in advance of a window how much they have to spend doesn't know how business works.
I think there's sometimes a misunderstanding of the way journalism works though. You will never find a quote saying we were going to spend £100m because it will never have been said on the record. When you see the same things reported by numerous outlets without direct quotes, it usually means that either the press officer or a regular 'source' at the club has given an off the record briefing to the press. The £100m figure was too widely reported to have been plucked from thin air, it was clearly said by somebody that the journalists trusted.

With regard to the highlighted bit, we're effectively saying that Moshiri doesn't know how business works, as he went on record saying we had bid £60m for Koulibaly. As we didn't spend that money elsewhere, he was obviously publicising that we still had it burning a hole.

I think there's sometimes a misunderstanding of the way journalism works though. You will never find a quote saying we were going to spend £100m because it will never have been said on the record. When you see the same things reported by numerous outlets without direct quotes, it usually means that either the press officer or a regular 'source' at the club has given an off the record briefing to the press. The £100m figure was too widely reported to have been plucked from thin air, it was clearly said by somebody that the journalists trusted.

With regard to the highlighted bit, we're effectively saying that Moshiri doesn't know how business works, as he went on record saying we had bid £60m for Koulibaly. As we didn't spend that money elsewhere, he was obviously publicising that we still had it burning a hole.
That Koulibaly quote was from his interview with Jim white in Talksport wasn't it.? I heard it slightly differently in that Napoli where asking 60m (not sure if it was pounds or euros). The paper rumours going around at the time were that we had out bid Chelsea and that was 50m euros. Either way there was a substantial amount that we were rumoured to be prepared to pay for him. There was also the Brahimi rumour where we had supposedly agreed 40m euros only for the price to go up to 50m euros on deadline day when we pulled out. There was also the Gabbiadini deal where Napoli apparently pulled the plug (confirmed by the players agent), the Lucas case where he chose Arsenal ahead of us, and also the Sissoko farce.

Depending on which side of the fence you sit, there were enough rumours there to suggest that a £100m budget wasn't unreasonable to assume. There are those who would prefer to believe that all of the above were phantom bids and we had, and still have, a sell to buy policy. That's their prerogative I suppose.

Without having detailed knowledge of the clubs finances, you can still do a rough calculation of our potential transfer budget for this summer. Based on money paid out (i.e. not including potential add ons) we have had hardly any net spend so far this year. There's been a substantial uplift in TV revenue and I think it's fair to assume that about £60m combined can be found from this year and next year. I reckon player sales (and I'm not including Rom/Ross in this) could raise a further £80m at current prices. I'm including Macca and Funes Mori in that figure, but if we didn't sell them then we wouldn't need to replace them either. Moshiri would only need to put his hands in his pocket for £20/30m to give us a transfer budget of £160/170m.

Without having detailed knowledge of the clubs finances, you can still do a rough calculation of our potential transfer budget for this summer. Based on money paid out (i.e. not including potential add ons) we have had hardly any net spend so far this year. There's been a substantial uplift in TV revenue and I think it's fair to assume that about £60m combined can be found from this year and next year. I reckon player sales (and I'm not including Rom/Ross in this) could raise a further £80m at current prices. I'm including Macca and Funes Mori in that figure, but if we didn't sell them then we wouldn't need to replace them either. Moshiri would only need to put his hands in his pocket for £20/30m to give us a transfer budget of £160/170m.
christ mate dont tell them that, the fume will be horrendous by the end of june if we haven't bought 4 x superstars

Deep that mate

christ mate dont tell them that, the fume will be horrendous by the end of june if we haven't bought 4 x superstars
I know, but I'm just being realistic in what we will need to spend IF we are going to be able to compete for top 4 next year, and if we are going to be able to convince rom/Ross to sign new contracts.

Doing my best to remain positive mate amidst all the doom and gloom;)

Deep that mate
You know what I mean mate.

Just my own opinion but I personally would sell Macca as I think we have an overload of players with his skill set, and would prefer somebody, specifically Tielemans, with a more attack minded profile. I also think Funes Mori makes too many mistakes and I would replace him with somebody like Keane. But I also understand that Koeman may decide to keep both, in which case they wouldn't need replacing;)

I think there are restrictions on changes at board level until certain key criteria are met in the shareholder agreements singed as part of the deal the stadium etc. I fully expect something of a clean sweep once these restrictions are lifted.

As far as the transfer budget goes, the transfer fees are irrelevant in a sense the used to be headline but not anymore, the real cost of a transfer lies in the wages as such doing rude "we have so much to spend" on ins and outs really isnt a great indicator of the finance we have available for transfers. For example if we sign someone for 20 mill and give them 100k a week over 5 years, by far the actual cost of the transfer and affordability is not in the fee but the wages.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back