Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Yeah, imagine. Under Kenwright and Martinez we were 5th. Under Moshiri and Koeman we're 7th.

Are you sure you aren't cutting this feller a bit too much slack and overdoing the hero worship for someone who's essentially achieved f.a.?

Dave, it was a great first season, built on solid foundations. He couldn't repeat the feat and took us backwards at an alarming rate. He lost the fans and the dressing room. Koeman has taken a team that what mentally shot, unfit and void of pride, back to being a team full of optimism again and winning games.

You are not cutting this guy any slack and I don't know why.

Dave, it was a great first season, built on solid foundations. He couldn't repeat the feat and took us backwards at an alarming rate. He lost the fans and the dressing room. Koeman has taken a team that what mentally shot, unfit and void of pride, back to being a team full of optimism again and winning games.

You are not cutting this guy any slack and I don't know why.
The players who stopped playing for Martinez started playing again. Is there anything more complex to this better league placing than that?

If Unsworth had taken over we'd have been in this position.

Let's not overcomplicate things when the truth is a lot more mundane.

Read the documentation on penalties concerning default....and when you do try and envisage a world where nothing stands still.

You'd have to be Stevie Wonder not to see the inherent potential dangers in this proposed deal...to EFC that is, not a very crafty Moshiri.
Fact is though it's the only deal on the table. Without Moshiri we would be continuing in what was a managed decline. When I first started watching Everton , we were a top club . We expected to be at least challenging for the title. Founder members of the league, we were one of the main movers behind the formation of the PL. Those days are long behind us at present.
Perhaps you're right but any deal would involve risk if we want to regain our position at the top. I don't see anyone else willing to rush to help us, do you?

How would you fund the stadium then?

Seems the alternative choices to me are:

• Moshiri pays upfront for the stadium, presumably that would still be a debt the club would owe to him. If he sells his shares someone has to buy out at a higher rate due to the capital input, this might limit the number of potential investors. Do we pay capital off this way, could we end up with 350 million bill that could need paying at the worst time?
  • Instead of long term financing, use a shorter term method. As Osbourne states it, fix the roof while the sun is shining. So use the large TV deal/player sales to pay off the stadium in large chunks over the next 5 to 10 seasons. This will hopefully circumvent any future bumps in the road like loss of income due to lower TV deals. Etc. It will however severely hamper efforts to be successful.
I don't know the answer to that mate. I'm a simple person. I was just told when he tipped up that Moshiri was "brewstered" and our problems were over. Now I see the reality: a billionaire who doesn't use his cash but encourages others to pick up the tab. Institutional investors, the club, the council...all significant players in his game but he's got no skin in it himself.

I don't know the answer to that mate. I'm a simple person. I was just told when he tipped up that Moshiri was "brewstered" and our problems were over. Now I see the reality: a billionaire who doesn't use his cash but encourages others to pick up the tab. Institutional investors, the club, the council...all significant players in his game but he's got no skin in it himself.

But hes already lashed 80m at us David.

Not many people can give out 80m interest free loans.

Read the documentation on penalties concerning default....and when you do try and envisage a world where nothing stands still.

You'd have to be Stevie Wonder not to see the inherent potential dangers in this proposed deal...to EFC that is, not a very crafty Moshiri.
You live in a parallel Universe. Without this funding model the club would have to borrow £300m at higher rates and in their own name, which therefore creates a higher risk.

The irony of the bubbles you're chatting here is that it was the future risk element that stopped Kenwright from recommending the funding model for Kings Dock.something that you've castigated him for donkeys years.

Fact is though it's the only deal on the table. Without Moshiri we would be continuing in what was a managed decline. When I first started watching Everton , we were a top club . We expected to be at least challenging for the title. Founder members of the league, we were one of the main movers behind the formation of the PL. Those days are long behind us at present.
Perhaps you're right but any deal would involve risk if we want to regain our position at the top. I don't see anyone else willing to rush to help us, do you?
I dont disagree mate. If it happens let's hope the plan runs like clockwork as set out. All I'm saying is that there's risk and the time period we'll be at risk for is mind boggling long, not to say worryingly long.

But hes already lashed 80m at us David.

Not many people can give out 80m interest free loans.
I wonder when that's due by the way?

I meant to ask how this debt Moshiri has allowed us to run up with him is placed now in the proposed stadium scheme, with all the clauses surrounding Everton revenues being under the control of LCC.

I wonder when that's due by the way?

I meant to ask how this debt Moshiri has allowed us to run up with him is placed now in the proposed stadium scheme, with all the clauses surrounding Everton revenues being under the control of LCC.

Its not due, we wont ever pay it back.

I can assure you of that.

It's a clever deal. It provides cheap money in the volumes we require with low risk for a sensible capital project. Its a very good investment that the 'Kenwright' Everton would have been unable to access. This deal is only possible because of the credibility of Moshiri and the structural deal giving LCC a huge incentive to make it work. We would be dead in the water and forever at a crumbling GP without Moshiri.......give credit where it is due.....

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back