Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Bizarrely?? It's called being realistic!! Like has been pointed out many times by lots of people not one single owner in the premiership has paid for a stadium out of their own pocket.. so why on earth do we expect moshiri to?
You didn't ask what was more realistic , you asked which you prefer.
Where have I said Moshiri should find the whole Thing out of his own pocket? My view is that I expected a joint effort of some sort,not the whole debt (for a smallish stadium) sitting on the club

You didn't ask what was more realistic , you asked which you prefer.
Where have I said Moshiri should find the whole Thing out of his own pocket? My view is that I expected a joint effort of some sort,not the whole debt (for a smallish stadium) sitting on the club
As you did with me... it was a reasonable deduction to make considering what you said... a joint option never happens either... this is the best way for it to be built.. and more affordable than any other model used by other clubs so far...

Bill didn't have the nous to deliver this, but no we wouldn't be screaming Blue murder, it's a clever funding vehicle to deliver a dream stadium

How do you think Bill was going to finance WHP if that would have come off? Would he have been covering it like?
Yeah. It is clever. For those that stand to benefit massively from it without risking anything.

The "£80M paying off of debts" seems to have worked a treat as a bit of propaganda. The reality, though, is this with Moshiri: he wont lose a penny on his Everton involvement:

The shares he paid for will be sold later at a massive profit on completion of a stadium built
The covering of £80M worth of debt will be paid back
He wont have a penny cost to him regarding the stadium...Everton pay every single penny and then some in interest and credit payments - and the cost of all that will soar, you can guarantee that

I see as per usual @davek doesn't answer posts he can't argue against..

I've asked twice now who exactly should pay for the stadium Dave but you just ignore it and go on with your pathetic WUM agenda..

I will ask for a third time.. . Who exactly should pay for the stadium Dave? Everton or moshiri? I for one think Everton should pay as it's their home or will be... I don't expect anyone else to pay for my house.

Moshiri is giving is the most affordable and easy way to pay for a stadium within our means.. or would you rather we pay it off in 5 years at a cost to onfield performance? Because if that happened you would scream blue murder too. Like everyone with an agenda.. reason doesn't work, you are just blinkered.

Spurs have done it this way:

share issue
advanced sales of naming rights
advanced sale of hospitality/season tickets
sale of old ground
bank loans

They'll own their stadium which is coming in at a massive £750M now a lot quicker than Everton and they wont be exposing their club to the control of any other party.

share issue
sale of old ground
bank loans

They'll own their stadium which is coming in at a massive £750M now a lot quicker than Everton and they wont be exposing their club to the control of any other party.
But by doing it this way any other commercial money we get in can be used to improve things on the pitch. Surely that's good isn't it?

And you haven't answered about who should pay for the stadium...moshiri out of his own pocket... which no other owner has done... or Everton themselves...

Also spurs' turnover is a hell of a lot more than ours so not a fair comparison.. without checking but from memory it's about double ours? But I stand to be corrected

We are playing catch up with the likes of spurs due to chronic lack of board knowledge of how to move us forward commercially and financially. We could never hope to so what spurs have done in terms of funding.. . This is probably the best deal we could get. And the risk to both council and Everton is minimal really.. unless the club totally Implodes and I think none of us want that!!

There are all kinds of investment I suppose. With loans being one of the weakest, but if you're happy with loans then good for you. Go and tell City and Chelsea and Liverpool all about our cool new loan,and how that is all we've had in by way of investment. They may say 'Big Deal'

Errrrmmm I think you'll find that Chelsea and Liverpool have both got loans from their current owners, it's sort of how it works....

The loan could be converted into equity, but while Moshiri only owns half the club he can't do that.

An interest free stakeholder loan IS investment, this is the simple business fact that you're just not understanding here.

share issue
sale of old ground
bank loans

Spurs haven't even confirmed that they've got the loans in place to complete the project yet, they've got until the end of the month to do so, as they have to give Wembley notice for next season by then

They've not sold the naming rights yet.

Neither have they sold season tickets for the new ground, as they don't know when it's opening.

They're funding the ground by way of loans, what do you think the security will be on these loans? Double the cost equates to double the exposure btw.

But by doing it this way any other commercial money we get in can be used to improve things on the pitch. Surely that's good isn't it?

And you haven't answered about who should pay for the stadium...moshiri out of his own pocket... which no other owner has done... or Everton themselves...

Also spurs' turnover is a hell of a lot more than ours so not a fair comparison.. without checking but from memory it's about double ours? But I stand to be corrected

We are playing catch up with the likes of spurs due to chronic lack of board knowledge of how to move us forward commercially and financially. We could never hope to so what spurs have done in terms of funding.. . This is probably the best deal we could get. And the risk to both council and Everton is minimal really.. unless the club totally Implodes and I think none of us want that!!

Or to appease the debbie downers, we can accept our lot, not take any risks, stay in 7th and keep going to Goodison until the roof falls in on our heads.

Anyhow can't stop I'm off to the bank to hand back the keys to my house, I'll tell them that I've had financial advice on GOT and what would happen if I lost my job. Better to be homeless really...

Yeah. It is clever. For those that stand to benefit massively from it without risking anything.

The "£80M paying off of debts" seems to have worked a treat as a bit of propaganda. The reality, though, is this with Moshiri: he wont lose a penny on his Everton involvement:

The shares he paid for will be sold later at a massive profit on completion of a stadium built
The covering of £80M worth of debt will be paid back
He wont have a penny cost to him regarding the stadium...Everton pay every single penny and then some in interest and credit payments - and the cost of all that will soar, you can guarantee that

Yeah Dave he stuck £80m of his kids inheritance into EFC as a propaganda exercise

ffs this is getting ridiculous lol

As for the rest of that, how can he sell his shares at a massive profit if the funding of the stadium doesn't stack up and carries a massive burden of risk? Who's going to value the club at way more than it is now if the stadium is in anyway the millstone you're (extremely poorly) trying to portray it as?

@davek

Dave is right. Things have gone downhill since this Moshiri fella has come on board.

- I miss the crippling debts and Goodison being mortgaged up to the eyeballs.
- I miss seeing Goodison looking like it was about to fall down.
- I miss not having a new stadium to look forward to.
- I miss the appalling commercial deals
- I miss being plucky little Everton

#MoshiriOUT

Errr, Roman has an interest free loan to Chelsea
Yes, Chelsea owe him a billion pounds
Errrrmmm I think you'll find that Chelsea and Liverpool have both got loans from their current owners, it's sort of how it works....

The loan could be converted into equity, but while Moshiri only owns half the club he can't do that.

An interest free stakeholder loan IS investment, this is the simple business fact that you're just not understanding here.
Right, like the £55m loans we had previously with Wybrac or whatever they are called which was cleared by this bigger loan, that was investment too was it?
Gee, thanks Wybrac

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back