Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Mosh is gonna sit in his office, surrounded by piles of cash, watching the stadium go up.

Potential signings used to get taken to Peter Johnsons estate in Birkenhead.

Now they'll be taken to Moshiri's office in a World Heritage building on the waterfront, overlooking our shiny new dockside stadium.

No more giving Nigel Martyn directions to Leeds.

And once again, reinforces to me that he is in it for the long term at Everton.
Someone agrees with me...

http://www.theblueroomefc.com/2017/04/05/esk-moshiris-liver-building-mean-everton/#

The Esk: What does Moshiri’s Liver Building mean for Everton?
BlueRoomAdmin5th April 2017

BLUE BIRDS: Farhad Moshiri is now co-owner of the Royal Liver building. The Esk examines what it means for Everton.
By The Esk

This morning the news was confirmed that Farhad Moshiri, Everton’s major shareholder had jointly acquired the iconic Royal Liver Building with Luxembourg based Corestate.

Corestate is a real estate investment manager and co-investor (ie invests alongside other wealthy investors). It has according to its website over €16 bn worth of investments globally. It is listed on the Frankfurt stock exchange.

Property investors by their nature are long term investors usually looking for steady capital appreciation and rising income.

The Royal Liver Building would be attractive for a number of reasons. Firstly it probably represents very good value, Liverpool in global terms is not an expensive city to buy property. The building is iconic and in one of the most famous locations in the world – it really is a prime, instantly recognisable, statement of a building.

In addition to the value, there’s likely to be development potential in upgrading the office facilities to attract high quality tenants. The final consideration is that with the £ so weak, it’s a good opportunity for overseas investors to acquire real estate.

That’s the boring bit, and not particularly relevant to Everton.

The exciting bit is what it says about the view of Moshiri with regards to our City, and of course, most importantly his view of his Everton investment to date.

In my opinion it lays a few concerns to rest. Firstly, it’s a total confirmation of what’s about to happen at Bramley Moore. It says the stadium will be built, we will have the funding secure, and that the wider investment and development of the Liverpool Waters/Northern Docks is well underway.

It also demonstrates his willingness and ability to invest alongside others. This shouldn’t be lost when we start considering the investment required around Bramley Moore, over and beyond the stadium. Corestate have huge experience in many forms of retail and other other property developments – it’s not too unreasonable to suggest further involvement in the future?

It wouldn’t make a huge amount of sense to part acquire the Liver Buildings, without the knowledge that his investment plans in Everton Football Club and Bramley Moore specifically are going to plan and were assured in the future.

It also says a huge amount about the length of his future commitment to the club. I’ve read elsewhere suggestions that he’ll turn his investments over when the stadium is complete, making a short-term profit on the increase in value.

This purchase says the exact opposite – it says we have a major shareholder who is putting down roots into the City and local community. So, we have a major shareholder who has invested in the club, brought in sponsors with more to follow, is now buying our prime real estate, the most iconic building in our City, and let it be remembered, will invest in the L4 community at Goodison Park when it is no longer our ground.

In my opinion, this is significant news, it’s confirmation of his commitment, it’s confirmation of what’s happening along the waterfront, and it showing a style of ownership not seen since the Moores at Everton, someone not just looking to take cash out of a football club (read Glazers) but investing long term in club and community – a true Blue.

What a journey we are embarking upon.

Someone agrees with me...

http://www.theblueroomefc.com/2017/04/05/esk-moshiris-liver-building-mean-everton/#

The Esk: What does Moshiri’s Liver Building mean for Everton?
BlueRoomAdmin5th April 2017

BLUE BIRDS: Farhad Moshiri is now co-owner of the Royal Liver building. The Esk examines what it means for Everton.
By The Esk

This morning the news was confirmed that Farhad Moshiri, Everton’s major shareholder had jointly acquired the iconic Royal Liver Building with Luxembourg based Corestate.

Corestate is a real estate investment manager and co-investor (ie invests alongside other wealthy investors). It has according to its website over €16 bn worth of investments globally. It is listed on the Frankfurt stock exchange.

Property investors by their nature are long term investors usually looking for steady capital appreciation and rising income.

The Royal Liver Building would be attractive for a number of reasons. Firstly it probably represents very good value, Liverpool in global terms is not an expensive city to buy property. The building is iconic and in one of the most famous locations in the world – it really is a prime, instantly recognisable, statement of a building.

In addition to the value, there’s likely to be development potential in upgrading the office facilities to attract high quality tenants. The final consideration is that with the £ so weak, it’s a good opportunity for overseas investors to acquire real estate.

That’s the boring bit, and not particularly relevant to Everton.

The exciting bit is what it says about the view of Moshiri with regards to our City, and of course, most importantly his view of his Everton investment to date.

In my opinion it lays a few concerns to rest. Firstly, it’s a total confirmation of what’s about to happen at Bramley Moore. It says the stadium will be built, we will have the funding secure, and that the wider investment and development of the Liverpool Waters/Northern Docks is well underway.

It also demonstrates his willingness and ability to invest alongside others. This shouldn’t be lost when we start considering the investment required around Bramley Moore, over and beyond the stadium. Corestate have huge experience in many forms of retail and other other property developments – it’s not too unreasonable to suggest further involvement in the future?

It wouldn’t make a huge amount of sense to part acquire the Liver Buildings, without the knowledge that his investment plans in Everton Football Club and Bramley Moore specifically are going to plan and were assured in the future.

It also says a huge amount about the length of his future commitment to the club. I’ve read elsewhere suggestions that he’ll turn his investments over when the stadium is complete, making a short-term profit on the increase in value.

This purchase says the exact opposite – it says we have a major shareholder who is putting down roots into the City and local community. So, we have a major shareholder who has invested in the club, brought in sponsors with more to follow, is now buying our prime real estate, the most iconic building in our City, and let it be remembered, will invest in the L4 community at Goodison Park when it is no longer our ground.

In my opinion, this is significant news, it’s confirmation of his commitment, it’s confirmation of what’s happening along the waterfront, and it showing a style of ownership not seen since the Moores at Everton, someone not just looking to take cash out of a football club (read Glazers) but investing long term in club and community – a true Blue.

What a journey we are embarking upon.
So a slightly longer version to what I said earlier :)

http://www.theblueroomefc.com/2017/04/06/buying-new-mosh-era/

Buying into a new Mosh-era
6th April 2017

A YEAR OF MOSHIRI: Farhad Moshiri has been invested in Everton for one year.
By Mark Finnegan

It’s been a whirlwind few days of on-field action for Evertonians following a poor Derby defeat at Anfield on Saturday, and then being on the end of a last-gasp, dramatic Manchester United equaliser at Old Trafford last night too. That first sentence is nothing new as a supporter of this Club and of Football in general; it most certainly is a multitude of emotions and takes a lot for you to settle down after results and digest them. However nowadays, before Everton fans can get too downbeat or reflective about matters on the pitch, there’s too many positive noises and moral-boosts coming out of the Club about matters off the pitch for us to worry too much – and this is certainly a sign of the times.

Recently I wrote about the Bramley Moore announcements and how I believed they were a catalyst for our future, with Evertonians finally hearing some concrete plans about where our Club is headed; I’m still brimming with excitement because of this news and I firmly believe it is a huge step in the right direction. The relationship with the Council is at an all time high, a feasible and sustainable plan is there and finally I can see a vision to take this Club forward and bring back that much-needed success. I’ve also more recently vented some largely critical views about matters on the pitch – more specifically our failure to turn up in yet another Merseyside Derby. I’ll be honest I slated them. I swore at them plenty of times and had to get things off my chest. But I’ll also be honest, I also felt massively guilty writing it. It hurt. Nobody likes writing horrible stuff about the things they love, but I did. That’s the ‘beauty’ of being a football fan, the contrasting emotions, the excitement and the despondence and my two most recent write-ups have been about completely different subjects too.

In times gone by the results have hit me hard, not only because I hate Everton not winning, but also because matters off the pitch have affected my mindset towards the Club too. To see a Team just making up the numbers on the pitch and a Club with no direction, business plan or idea how to progress off it, was a double whammy to me as an onlooking supporter. It went on for years. I wondered when things would change. But now, even though results and defeats still affect me massively, of course they still hurt, I’ll admit I can’t dwell on them for too long because I am too excited about our future and what it might bring. It may sound silly but it’s what I feel. I am judging what I am seeing and hearing and there is no downside. I’m too confident that eventually the good times will come again, we will eventually have enough quality players to bring trophies and success, and we will eventually have the right infrastructure and status to become a force which simply can’t be ignored or dismissed. Both of these factors are inevitably why Farhad Moshiri came to the Club and the plan he has for it. He has instilled this excitement in me, and many others like me too.

I hope you can see the point in what I am trying to say here – on Saturday, Sunday and Monday I felt sick about the Derby result – as you and probably every other Evertonian did. Then came Tuesday, we faced United and we bounced back. Of course a win would have been much better but to defend how we did and battle how we did, plus show good phases of play ourselves and eventually come away with a hard-earned point, I felt a lot more positive about our Team, albeit annoyed we couldn’t hang on for all three points in the end. The difference in our last two games were evident, as will the challenge we face when Leicester come to town on Sunday too. That’s football.

But then came today – firstly I’d missed the news about Tom Davies signing a new deal yesterday so welcomed that when I first read it this morning. He’s a good lad with a bright future, and that bright future can be at Everton. Then also came the announcement that Everton’s majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri had jointly purchased the Royal Liver Building. Now you may think ‘why does him buying a building make you feel better’ well for me this again speaks volumes. When you look at the bigger picture – which as Evertonians we don’t all do – this again is massive. This isn’t just any old news. This isn’t just any old investment, this isn’t just any old building, this isn’t just any old location and this most certainly isn’t just any old investor.

Moshiri has jointly purchased the Liver Building with Corestate (a real estate investment manager) and the news of this collaboration has only just broke, even though the announcement about the Liver Building being sold came out last year. It’s all being timed to perfection and leads into one. Firstly the Bramley Moore plans a fortnight who, then the Council approval news last week, and now this today – two potentially huge, key moments in the future of Everton FC. You’ll get fans who say ‘buying a building won’t win you the League’ and yes I can see their point, but when you look into Moshiri’s purchase it paints a better picture for Everton FC and our status and these things mean an awful lot to me. Moshiri’s involvement in the most famous and iconic building in the City, a Building synonymous with Liverpool, ties nicely in with the fact that we are trying to build a brand new stadium, and community, just a stones throw up the road. An apparent request from Moshiri has been made for a north-facing office to become his – and Everton’s head quarters – looking down on the new Bramley Moore site, is this guy a genius or what? Everton FC, based in the Liver Building with their footballing home within touching distance. This is significant whether you like it or not. This is commitment and without getting too carried away this has to all but mean that Bramley Moore is nailed on. This isn’t a new office block and stadium on some industrial park in the back of beyond, this is the centre of what Liverpool as a City is all about, and Moshiri wants to put Everton at the forefront of that.

If you won the lottery as an Evertonian and had money in Everton what would you try and do? Many of us would joke and say something like ‘build a massive stadium on the waterfront and buy the Liver Building too, let’s make them birds blue’ you’d get laughed at, and of course Moshiri isn’t going to start painting the Liver Building royal blue anytime soon, but the rest of it isn’t a joke, this isn’t a pipe dream or stuff of fantasies, nor is it some lunatic like me winning the lottery, this is a man with a plan and a vision to get Everton on the map, to get Everton back where they belong. He wants his offices looking out over the Club and City he is investing in, the new Everton domain. I’m a massive fan of this and I can’t contain it.

In terms of a location and being able to see and know where Everton are then the City centre and the waterfront is the most recognised and accessible place. He is picking and choosing his options well and it is all falling into place nicely in my opinion. From bringing sponsorship to Finch Farm to improving Goodison and potentially leaving a legacy behind in L4, to announcing plans for the Northern Docks and buying the Liver Building, talk about making an impact, yet you’ll still get some who will complain! And this is just the stuff off the pitch, I haven’t even mentioned what could happen on the footballing side.

It goes back to me saying about results and yes of course they matter, they always will and always will hurt when they don’t go our away, regardless of what else is going on at the Club. But for me when you sit back and realise the steps that are currently being taken and the ideas being generated from the Club as a platform for progress, the structure changes and roles, as well as the continuation of the community work that is done, the prosperous academy and the fantastic togetherness and communications being fed out (season ticket videos a classic example), you can’t help but feel a buzz about being a part of that.

We all get down after seeing Everton lose and I’m the biggest crank when it happens, but nowadays I can’t help but buy into the Moshiri ideology at Goodison Park and I can’t help but feel that this guy is not only the real deal, but he wants to make this Club into a super power for the long term. This isn’t just a flash in the pan, spend spend on players and hope for instant success, this is a controlled, calculated and clever approach which is slowly transforming Everton FC.

If Farhad Moshiri is willing to make the positive and significant steps he already has off the pitch at my Club, then I simply cannot wait to see what he has planned for matters on the pitch too.

Up the Mosh-era Toffees.

Our offices will be run out of the Liver Building? That's a massive leap you make there.

If it's a matter of winding Liverpool supporters up with it then I suppose it can have value. But substantially it means nothing.

Until he puts major money into the playing staff everything is just meh

http://www.theblueroomefc.com/2017/04/06/buying-new-mosh-era/

Buying into a new Mosh-era
6th April 2017

A YEAR OF MOSHIRI: Farhad Moshiri has been invested in Everton for one year.
By Mark Finnegan

It’s been a whirlwind few days of on-field action for Evertonians following a poor Derby defeat at Anfield on Saturday, and then being on the end of a last-gasp, dramatic Manchester United equaliser at Old Trafford last night too. That first sentence is nothing new as a supporter of this Club and of Football in general; it most certainly is a multitude of emotions and takes a lot for you to settle down after results and digest them. However nowadays, before Everton fans can get too downbeat or reflective about matters on the pitch, there’s too many positive noises and moral-boosts coming out of the Club about matters off the pitch for us to worry too much – and this is certainly a sign of the times.

Recently I wrote about the Bramley Moore announcements and how I believed they were a catalyst for our future, with Evertonians finally hearing some concrete plans about where our Club is headed; I’m still brimming with excitement because of this news and I firmly believe it is a huge step in the right direction. The relationship with the Council is at an all time high, a feasible and sustainable plan is there and finally I can see a vision to take this Club forward and bring back that much-needed success. I’ve also more recently vented some largely critical views about matters on the pitch – more specifically our failure to turn up in yet another Merseyside Derby. I’ll be honest I slated them. I swore at them plenty of times and had to get things off my chest. But I’ll also be honest, I also felt massively guilty writing it. It hurt. Nobody likes writing horrible stuff about the things they love, but I did. That’s the ‘beauty’ of being a football fan, the contrasting emotions, the excitement and the despondence and my two most recent write-ups have been about completely different subjects too.

In times gone by the results have hit me hard, not only because I hate Everton not winning, but also because matters off the pitch have affected my mindset towards the Club too. To see a Team just making up the numbers on the pitch and a Club with no direction, business plan or idea how to progress off it, was a double whammy to me as an onlooking supporter. It went on for years. I wondered when things would change. But now, even though results and defeats still affect me massively, of course they still hurt, I’ll admit I can’t dwell on them for too long because I am too excited about our future and what it might bring. It may sound silly but it’s what I feel. I am judging what I am seeing and hearing and there is no downside. I’m too confident that eventually the good times will come again, we will eventually have enough quality players to bring trophies and success, and we will eventually have the right infrastructure and status to become a force which simply can’t be ignored or dismissed. Both of these factors are inevitably why Farhad Moshiri came to the Club and the plan he has for it. He has instilled this excitement in me, and many others like me too.

I hope you can see the point in what I am trying to say here – on Saturday, Sunday and Monday I felt sick about the Derby result – as you and probably every other Evertonian did. Then came Tuesday, we faced United and we bounced back. Of course a win would have been much better but to defend how we did and battle how we did, plus show good phases of play ourselves and eventually come away with a hard-earned point, I felt a lot more positive about our Team, albeit annoyed we couldn’t hang on for all three points in the end. The difference in our last two games were evident, as will the challenge we face when Leicester come to town on Sunday too. That’s football.

But then came today – firstly I’d missed the news about Tom Davies signing a new deal yesterday so welcomed that when I first read it this morning. He’s a good lad with a bright future, and that bright future can be at Everton. Then also came the announcement that Everton’s majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri had jointly purchased the Royal Liver Building. Now you may think ‘why does him buying a building make you feel better’ well for me this again speaks volumes. When you look at the bigger picture – which as Evertonians we don’t all do – this again is massive. This isn’t just any old news. This isn’t just any old investment, this isn’t just any old building, this isn’t just any old location and this most certainly isn’t just any old investor.

Moshiri has jointly purchased the Liver Building with Corestate (a real estate investment manager) and the news of this collaboration has only just broke, even though the announcement about the Liver Building being sold came out last year. It’s all being timed to perfection and leads into one. Firstly the Bramley Moore plans a fortnight who, then the Council approval news last week, and now this today – two potentially huge, key moments in the future of Everton FC. You’ll get fans who say ‘buying a building won’t win you the League’ and yes I can see their point, but when you look into Moshiri’s purchase it paints a better picture for Everton FC and our status and these things mean an awful lot to me. Moshiri’s involvement in the most famous and iconic building in the City, a Building synonymous with Liverpool, ties nicely in with the fact that we are trying to build a brand new stadium, and community, just a stones throw up the road. An apparent request from Moshiri has been made for a north-facing office to become his – and Everton’s head quarters – looking down on the new Bramley Moore site, is this guy a genius or what? Everton FC, based in the Liver Building with their footballing home within touching distance. This is significant whether you like it or not. This is commitment and without getting too carried away this has to all but mean that Bramley Moore is nailed on. This isn’t a new office block and stadium on some industrial park in the back of beyond, this is the centre of what Liverpool as a City is all about, and Moshiri wants to put Everton at the forefront of that.

If you won the lottery as an Evertonian and had money in Everton what would you try and do? Many of us would joke and say something like ‘build a massive stadium on the waterfront and buy the Liver Building too, let’s make them birds blue’ you’d get laughed at, and of course Moshiri isn’t going to start painting the Liver Building royal blue anytime soon, but the rest of it isn’t a joke, this isn’t a pipe dream or stuff of fantasies, nor is it some lunatic like me winning the lottery, this is a man with a plan and a vision to get Everton on the map, to get Everton back where they belong. He wants his offices looking out over the Club and City he is investing in, the new Everton domain. I’m a massive fan of this and I can’t contain it.

In terms of a location and being able to see and know where Everton are then the City centre and the waterfront is the most recognised and accessible place. He is picking and choosing his options well and it is all falling into place nicely in my opinion. From bringing sponsorship to Finch Farm to improving Goodison and potentially leaving a legacy behind in L4, to announcing plans for the Northern Docks and buying the Liver Building, talk about making an impact, yet you’ll still get some who will complain! And this is just the stuff off the pitch, I haven’t even mentioned what could happen on the footballing side.

It goes back to me saying about results and yes of course they matter, they always will and always will hurt when they don’t go our away, regardless of what else is going on at the Club. But for me when you sit back and realise the steps that are currently being taken and the ideas being generated from the Club as a platform for progress, the structure changes and roles, as well as the continuation of the community work that is done, the prosperous academy and the fantastic togetherness and communications being fed out (season ticket videos a classic example), you can’t help but feel a buzz about being a part of that.

We all get down after seeing Everton lose and I’m the biggest crank when it happens, but nowadays I can’t help but buy into the Moshiri ideology at Goodison Park and I can’t help but feel that this guy is not only the real deal, but he wants to make this Club into a super power for the long term. This isn’t just a flash in the pan, spend spend on players and hope for instant success, this is a controlled, calculated and clever approach which is slowly transforming Everton FC.

If Farhad Moshiri is willing to make the positive and significant steps he already has off the pitch at my Club, then I simply cannot wait to see what he has planned for matters on the pitch too.

Up the Mosh-era Toffees.

Really good read that mate

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back