Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
The blueroom has always been (even when it was the official site's own forum) a hotbed of sycophant behaviour.

Phil McNulty contradicted one of the podcast creatures from there the other day and he had a three day passive-aggressive meltdown

Every cloud.....

There are strategic advantages which shouldn't be downplayed but also it's not as significant in the manner some think it is.

This to me is a great trolling exercise. The fact Kopites (I can only just use the plural)are holding a banner outside of it protesting says they are riled. (it also proves what an inneffective and almost none existent presence they have within the City). I do wonder how much further the trolling will go. Shine a blue light on them? Make Everton gear clear from the 7th floor? Look to take out on the patent on the Birds? Even as some reds seem to think, make them modify their bird on the shirt?

In many ways all of the above is meaningless and pointless. It shouldn't but it does make me laugh. This has wound Kopites up more than the ground. I think it shows in many ways the bitterness and petty mindedness extends both ways. Both clubs fanbase are happy to engage in petty squabbling over meaningless things (the ground is far more significant). That being said, I am reflexive enough to see I am as guilty as anyone in enjoying this. Not winning a trophy in 20 years and a derby in 7 doesn't half reduce your grounds for optimism, to just wanting to cause them irritation! I know it's wrong, but you have to laugh.

Well done on your 4 man protest lads, that must have been a merseyside wide mobilisation of LFC and UKIP combined task force :D .
But how strategically advantageous can it be to rub their noses in a bit of morbo (as the Spanish would call it)? This stadium deal relies on the goodwill of the council who also have to square things off with non-Everton supporters. Just in that sense it's a bit barmy to be prodding a stick into a hornet's nest.

not P McN, the podcast dweeb
Oh right. I'm all for a bit of Schadenfreude for the bitter McNulty.

It amazes me how many of these fan social media sites prostrate themselves to the official club. Their role, surely, is to offer a counter balance to their power?

This place, imo, holds true to that outlook. It defo isn't slavishly backing the club up at every turn (not that they want to needlessly provoke, like).

But how strategically advantageous can it be to rub their noses in a bit of morbo (as the Spanish would call it)? This stadium deal relies on the goodwill of the council who also have to square things off with non-Everton supporters. Just in that sense it's a bit barmy to be prodding a stick into a hornet's nest.

I think what Moshiri is doing is putting increasing interest groups who have a stake in our ground. Make no bones about it, that investment group worth 50 billion plus have bought the building on the proviso the ground gets built. These people via their proxy Moshiri wil dictate to Liverpool City council what to do. No amount of petitioning or volntarist Kopite activism is going to undo that power dynamic.

If that Steve Rotherham stars getting too uppity Moshiri and his people will pipe him down. I'd love the Kopite saviour to have to eat a big piece of humble pie but I sense he will have more sense than to get himself in too deep.

We are now the cock of the playground in the city. They are the mouthy little bully who will soon learn they need to pipe down or they'll be piped down.

This move is very smart and will strengthen our ground case. There'll be no more Kenwright cap in hand pleading with kopites to be nice. If they don't get in line it will be a campaign of sabotage for them. Welcome to the new world order with us sitting pretty.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back