Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
As I said to Roydo earlier: you keep Lukaku by bringing in class players and getting a serious challenge for 4th off the ground. A big pay rise is the cheap option.

You criticise Moshiri for his financial strategy surrounding the stadium funding and how it's a burden on the club.

Yet insinuate here to spend hundreds of millions on players despite not having commercials to support it both in real terms but also in substance via FFP.
Thus burdening the club.

What's it to be ? Sounds like Moshiri can do no right in your eyes irrespective of others opinions on him.

...but that takes time, Dave. This is probably the first proper window this regime have had. Not sure what you expect them to have done in 12 months. We'll have to agree to disagree.
I dont think we disagree over much, tbh. I'm saying the same as you but just adding the point that the OTT statements about what this new owner has done is unwarranted.

You criticise Moshiri for his financial strategy surrounding the stadium funding and how it's a burden on the club.

Yet insinuate here to spend hundreds of millions on players despite not having commercials to support it both in real terms but also in substance via FFP.
Thus burdening the club.

What's it to be ? Sounds like Moshiri can do no right in your eyes irrespective of others opinions on him.
What was he putting in bids for Sissoko (£30M) and Koulibaly (£60M) for then?

Thus burdening the club.

If its the person I`m thinking off.....just press that little mute button,its so refreshing

It isn't a gift, that's for sure. Posters like @Foot Long Hot Dog tend to buy into the "Moshiri as benefactor" view of this man. He clearly isn't - as that 'clever' stadium deal he engineered that sees him maximizing his shareholding from it with zero risk to his own finances emphasises.

I've never said the man is a benefactor though, so you've created another straw man argument.

Your failure to acknowledge that he's taken us forwards since his arrival, not least by clearing the securitised debt to facilitate the ground move is quite frankly ridiculous.

It's a free of charge Directors loan with no repayment schedule, you patently don't understand how stakeholders INVEST in their own businesses.
I've never said the man is a benefactor though, so you've created another straw man argument.

Your failure to acknowledge that he's taken us forwards since his arrival, not least by clearing the securitised debt to facilitate the ground move is quite frankly ridiculous.

Dress it up all you like. Everton will have to pay that cash back to Moshiri. In everyday life that is called a debt that needs repaying. And it will be.

I love all the tortuous semantics to make it look like he's some Blue Knight riding to the rescue. He'll lose no money being involved in Everton, none. And he'll walk away with a massive profit eventually. Still, if the fairy stories make you feel better about the situation, be my guest...

Dress it up all you like. Everton will have to pay that cash back to Moshiri. In everyday life that is called a debt that needs repaying. And it will be.

I love all the tortuous semantics to make it look like he's some Blue Knight riding to the rescue. He'll lose no money being involved in Everton, none. And he'll walk away with a massive profit eventually. Still, if the fairy stories make you feel better about the situation, be my guest...

You can't say that it'll be paid back, as there's no repayment schedule. He will be far more likely to convert it into equity when he completes the full takeover imo, to say it'll definitively be paid back is baseless.

Who said he was ever going to lose money? Why would he want to lose money? Why would anyone expect him to lose money?

It's called investment and the only way he's going to leverage a return out of Everton is via an exit strategy, which by definition means he'll have had to have built something that'll be in far better shape than when he arrived in order to do so. Just over a year in and with a healthy balance sheet and a new riverside stadium plan ongoing, I reckon he's well on the way to achieving that.

You take a contrary view on anything and everything Everton, but on this issue it's obvious you haven't got a scoob.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back