Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Who would you like to see at the helm?
Im not having a go at your comments, we all have opinions. Just an inquisitive question.

Someone who could wheel and deal on the commercial side and give a massive financial injection in their first two seasons or so here to boost us a la City / Chelsea.

I think we know that isn't going to be Moshiri.

Someone who could wheel and deal on the commercial side and give a massive financial injection in their first two seasons or so here to boost us a la City / Chelsea.

Well no one can do a City or Chelsea any more Dave. Dem pesky Rulez.

Commercial side? Improved. And will improve further.

Ground. Solid progress.

Balance sheet. Improved via the loan/debt thing.

Future. We do well, he does well. If you have little faith in his ability and motivation on delivering that, then fair enough. Show some examples of his inability to improve companies he has been in involved in.

I am 100% sure that we will see the blocks fall into place when they need to. If eyes were opened a bit, some already have been.

This window will tell the tale.
I would reckon that Moshiri seen the way Chelsea and especially City threw money around like confetti in the early years.
City had a lot of big money buys (Robinho being the stand out one ) that didn't work in an attempt to get to the top too quick.
The Sheiks were under the impression that if you threw 300/400 million at the team they would win the league ,a bit like FIFA 17 or so.
Chelsea also bought a few lame ducks
the Romanian CF (Mutu ??) being just one.
Mosh and Usmanov have seen this and Moshiri has decided to get the foundation right hence the new manager and DOF and now they are in place for a full season and know what they want he may back them.
The money from the Finch Farm deal and other sponsorships may well have been front loaded.
I thought it very strange when Tony Pulis cane out publicly and said Everton are going to spend really big this year, very unusual for another teams manager to comment on Everton's supposed transfer budget.
Does he know something we don't , have agents being talking ??
Also Elstone who normally is very conservative in his comments has said we will be spending this summer.
RK knows who he wants rid of and those players who are out on loan will almost certainly go along with 2/3 others ( McCarthusian /Mori ) perhaps.
So this summer may see a gross spend of 180 million ( net 100million) or we may be back to a zero net spend.
But give the man a chance to get his coat off and his feet under the table before you judge him.
If in Sept we are not a considerably better squad on paper I'll come back and apologise and eat humble pie.

But who? Can you name anybody? Maybe he will improve us and then somebody else may come in and takeover. On a personal viewpoint, Im happy with him atm. Does he have the clout to take us above and beyond the likes of Chelsea, City and Utd, maybe not, but I do think we can compete with them.

This window will tell the tale.
I would reckon that Moshiri seen the way Chelsea and especially City threw money around like confetti in the early years.
City had a lot of big money buys (Robinho being the stand out one ) that didn't work in an attempt to get to the top too quick.
The Sheiks were under the impression that if you threw 300/400 million at the team they would win the league ,a bit like FIFA 17 or so.
Chelsea also bought a few lame ducks
the Romanian CF (Mutu ??) being just one.
Mosh and Usmanov have seen this and Moshiri has decided to get the foundation right hence the new manager and DOF and now they are in place for a full season and know what they want he may back them.
The money from the Finch Farm deal and other sponsorships may well have been front loaded.
I thought it very strange when Tony Pulis cane out publicly and said Everton are going to spend really big this year, very unusual for another teams manager to comment on Everton's supposed transfer budget.
Does he know something we don't , have agents being talking ??
Also Elstone who normally is very conservative in his comments has said we will be spending this summer.
RK knows who he wants rid of and those players who are out on loan will almost certainly go along with 2/3 others ( McCarthusian /Mori ) perhaps.
So this summer may see a gross spend of 180 million ( net 100million) or we may be back to a zero net spend.
But give the man a chance to get his coat off and his feet under the table before you judge him.
If in Sept we are not a considerably better squad on paper I'll come back and apologise and eat humble pie.

Sorry, have to take issue with this.

Mutu was quality, he just loved the beak.

City only signed carp in the beginning because they were a mid table club at best so apart from offering 200k a week deals couldn't attract the very best players.

We are a bit higher up the chain but still need to offer daft wages to attract CL quality players as we don t have CL football to offer. The fact we only offered Rom 140k a week when the likes of Lallana are on 150k a week show how far behind we are realistically and will continue to be so until Moshiri hopefully sells us on down the line to a mega rich individual who can move us forward.

But Chelsea obviously never done their homework and went out and bought him.
He turned out to be very bad value in the long run.
He was a good player , but so was Robinho in his day but it never worked out for City

To be fair he scored 10 goals in 27 matches which isnt too bad. He then had to pay around 18 million euros back to chelsea for breach of contract. So i think they actually ended up making money on the deal.

City only signed carp in the beginning because they were a mid table club at best so apart from offering 200k a week deals couldn't attract the very best players.

We are a bit higher up the chain but still need to offer daft wages to attract CL quality players as we don t have CL football to offer. The fact we only offered Rom 140k a week when the likes of Lallana are on 150k a week show how far behind we are realistically and will continue to be so until Moshiri hopefully sells us on down the line to a mega rich individual who can move us forward.

300px-Cyprinus_carpio.jpeg

Well no one can do a City or Chelsea any more Dave. Dem pesky Rulez.

Commercial side? Improved. And will improve further.

Ground. Solid progress.

Balance sheet. Improved via the loan/debt thing.

Future. We do well, he does well. If you have little faith in his ability and motivation on delivering that, then fair enough. Show some examples of his inability to improve companies he has been in involved in.

I am 100% sure that we will see the blocks fall into place when they need to. If eyes were opened a bit, some already have been.
If Everton had been taken over last year by Mansour we'd have seen a bigger net spend than £21M...FFP or not. They'd have found a way to significantly boost revenue streams. We have someone, imo, who has played on the straitjacket that our stunted commercial operation has on us in order to simply keep the player sale/tv cash plate spinning.

The stadium is a plan. Just that at the moment. Solid progress for me is a digger on site and breaking up concrete.

@Adversus u pathetic flea. this is your third or fourth account?? do u wonder why you keep getting banned bozo. your boring commentary and stupid pov always stands u out as a punk.

If Everton had been taken over last year by Mansour we'd have seen a bigger net spend than £21M...FFP or not. They'd have found a way to significantly boost revenue streams. We have someone, imo, who has played on the straitjacket that our stunted commercial operation has on us in order to simply keep the player sale/tv cash plate spinning.

The stadium is a plan. Just that at the moment. Solid progress for me is a digger on site and breaking up concrete.

Lets see. If what I heard about (stadium) funding is on the money, from 2 sources, although tbf, one wouldnt deny it, it is serious, proper, long term property experts in the game.

Fits with my own, personal, opinion on how this game is being played out. I may be miles out.

Time will tell.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back