Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
So this summer may see a gross spend of 180 million ( net 100million) or we may be back to a zero net spend.
But give the man a chance to get his coat off and his feet under the table before you judge him.
If in Sept we are not a considerably better squad on paper I'll come back and apologise and eat humble pie.

Which I do. My point is that we've seen nothing yet. That's contested by some who think that merely saying it makes you someone who believes the job wont ever get done.

But we have to take an overview even now regarding this new minority owner. For me it's same old same old and unimpressive. Apparently you cant hold that view though and avoid getting avalanched by a load of replies calling you a heretic.

Which I do. My point is that we've seen nothing yet. That's contested by some who think that merely saying it makes you someone who believes the job wont ever get done.

But we have to take an overview even now regarding this new minority owner. For me it's same old same old and unimpressive. Apparently you cant hold that view though and avoid getting avalanched by a load of replies calling you a heretic.

Well, no mate. Its fine to hold your counsel, and based on previous regimes, it aint exactly surprising.

But on the other hand, to judge by the frankly blunt instrument of Net Spend, or that loan/debt thing is just not looking up, and asking why he has got involved, the wider context of Liverpool Waters, and who he knows, just might make you arrive a different conclusion.

That being said, you could be right, and I could be wrong.

Balancing the evidence of what he has done, so far, to no personal benefit, so far, know where my chips are.

Well, no mate. Its fine to hold your counsel, and based on previous regimes, it aint exactly surprising.

But on the other hand, to judge by the frankly blunt instrument of Net Spend, or that loan/debt thing is just not looking up, and asking why he has got involved, the wider context of Liverpool Waters, and who he knows, just might make you arrive a different conclusion.

That being said, you could be right, and I could be wrong.

Balancing the evidence of what he has done, so far, to no personal benefit, so far, know where my chips are.
The ball is in his court. It's all wild speculation about his intentions. If we deal in what he's done in deeds the evidence is not convincing that he's doing anything other than "an Earl". Yes, he's taken a lot more interest in the club than Earl and looked to take financial control by pulling a fee levers, but essentially Earl was in it to multiply the value of his stock by getting others to build a stadium - and that's what Moshiri is doing.

If we spend massively in the summer then that shuts the argument down.

City only signed carp in the beginning because they were a mid table club at best so apart from offering 200k a week deals couldn't attract the very best players.

We are a bit higher up the chain but still need to offer daft wages to attract CL quality players as we don t have CL football to offer. The fact we only offered Rom 140k a week when the likes of Lallana are on 150k a week show how far behind we are realistically and will continue to be so until Moshiri hopefully sells us on down the line to a mega rich individual who can move us forward.

We have offered Lukaku more than anyone is on across the park.

We have offered Lukaku more than anyone is on across the park.

Lallana And Coutinho are on 150k a week mate. Rom is miles ahead of both realistically if we wanted to have shown ambition alongside a statement of intent signing would have been slapping a £200k a week deal on the table for the leagues top scorer.

Lets see. If what I heard about (stadium) funding is on the money, from 2 sources, although tbf, one wouldnt deny it, it is serious, proper, long term property experts in the game.

Fits with my own, personal, opinion on how this game is being played out. I may be miles out.

Time will tell.
Go on...

We have someone, imo, who has played on the straitjacket that our stunted commercial operation has on us in order to simply keep the player sale/tv cash plate spinning.

He's not 'playing' on our commercial income being less than other teams so he can get away with spending less money.

It's 'reality' that our commercial revenues are nowhere near the biggest teams in this country.

You're making out he's pretending we have less money when we do, which is beyond crazy.

He's not 'playing' on our commercial income being less than other teams so he can get away with spending less money.

It's 'reality' that our commercial revenues are nowhere near the biggest teams in this country.

You're making out he's pretending we have less money when we do, which is beyond crazy.
I suggest you read the flow of posts again to avoid confusion.

Oosh. I'll go have a look.

Save you the grief.

Liverpool Waters/Peel needs a kick start. Like every major development.

Moshiri has mates who would be dead keen to get going.

LCC/Peel need a flagship announcement to show the intent. Need serious property companies in the frame.

LCC create the SPV thing to show their commitment/grease wheels. (window dressing in reality)

Ground gets the go ahead. Billions pour into Liverpool/LCC/Liverpool Waters.

Moshiri is the guy who a lot of uber rich folk know can get the detail done. The ground. That is the key component to get the rest going.

I might be miles off mind. But dont think so.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back