Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Chelsea manager was hardly gushing about Lukaku today.

I get the impression Lukaku's preference is Chelsea.

If Chelsea can't do a deal with Everton I see Lukaku signing on again with Everton.

WRD1878 on TEF mate, his post is as follows:

He has been offered a huge contract, higher than those across the park. The general consensus is that he will sign, but again - Who knows if the player and agent are singing from the same hymn sheet. The contract includes an "Odd" clause. Although it's not been explained what this may be.

As I understand it, he will sign. Although don't quote me on this one. The person I spoke to had a bit to drink the other night.

I don't know when it will be announced if he does sign. Maybe Esk has been told a day. It wouldn't surprise me if he did sign then.

Lukaku has been given assurances on the clubs intent on the quality of players it will sign this summer.

*didn't want to link it.
Supporters clubs in Dublin reckon the odd clause is that if we get CL either Rom stays or the release figure goes up.

The ball is in his court. It's all wild speculation about his intentions. If we deal in what he's done in deeds the evidence is not convincing that he's doing anything other than "an Earl". Yes, he's taken a lot more interest in the club than Earl and looked to take financial control by pulling a fee levers, but essentially Earl was in it to multiply the value of his stock by getting others to build a stadium - and that's what Moshiri is doing.

If we spend massively in the summer then that shuts the argument down.

One blow out does not reveal much to be honest. Sunderland, Aston Villa and Newcastles owners have spent heavily in the past, all of them you wouldn't want.

You are still getting hung up in the figures and the point is a team like Man utd can spend close to 200 million a year (that means every year!!) in players just from it's own income. How long can a sugar daddy at Everton keep up with that? 2/3 seasons at the most then we would probably implode, (if FFP didn't exist of course) because there isn't such a thing as a owner who spends all their money. As soon as the losses become real the club goes bust.

We can only try to do things right, get the best people we can, increase income and hopefully a few other clubs have bad seasons or bite off more than they can chew.

And really, comparing Moshiri to Earl is nonsense.

WRD1878 on TEF mate, his post is as follows:

He has been offered a huge contract, higher than those across the park. The general consensus is that he will sign, but again - Who knows if the player and agent are singing from the same hymn sheet. The contract includes an "Odd" clause. Although it's not been explained what this may be.

As I understand it, he will sign. Although don't quote me on this one. The person I spoke to had a bit to drink the other night.

I don't know when it will be announced if he does sign. Maybe Esk has been told a day. It wouldn't surprise me if he did sign then.

Lukaku has been given assurances on the clubs intent on the quality of players it will sign this summer.

*didn't want to link it.
Please don't start me on the 'WRD Consortium' again mate...

All the ITKs have been taking the pee with this whole Lukaku contract.
The player has basically said from Day 1 he isn't signing. How come most supporters can see this, except from the "ITKS"?

Please don't start me on the 'WRD Consortium' again mate...

All the ITKs have been taking the pee with this whole Lukaku contract.
The player has basically said from Day 1 he isn't signing. How come most supporters can see this, except from the "ITKS"?

There's a massive difference between not signing 'a contract' that was presented to him, and actively wanting to leave the club.

Until Rom says 'I will never ever sign a new contract with EFC, not even if they sign boss players in the summer and offer me £150k+ a week', and/or 'I want to leave, here's my transfer request', then speculation about him staying is more than fair game.

With Lukaku, a lot of people miss the point. Many times it's what he DOESN'T say that's more noteworthy than what he does.

There's a massive difference between not signing 'a contract' that was presented to him, and actively wanting to leave the club.

Until Rom says 'I will never ever sign a new contract with EFC, not even if they sign boss players in the summer and offer me £150k+ a week', and/or 'I want to leave, here's my transfer request', then speculation about him staying is more than fair game.

With Lukaku, a lot of people miss the point. Many times it's what he DOESN'T say that's more noteworthy than what he does.
Sometimes in life you need to take a hint.
I think his respect for us has, so far, stopped him going down the transfer request route like John Stones.
He won't be signing a new contract. He's told everyone.
My point is we don't need "WRDs" on this one.

Sometimes in life you need to take a hint.
I think his respect for us has, so far, stopped him going down the transfer request route like John Stones.
He won't be signing a new contract. He's told everyone.
My point is we don't need "WRDs" on this one.

Sometimes in life you shouldn't believe everything the papers tell you.

I remember when Neville Southall handed in transfer request. He stayed another 7 years.

I love how people are dismissive of ITKs but are adamant that someone's leaving despite the player NOT providing a definitive answer, and also completely disregarding the idea that someone can do a u-turn.

Sometimes in life you shouldn't believe everything the papers tell you.

I remember when Neville Southall handed in transfer request. He stayed another 7 years.

I love how people are dismissive of ITKs but are adamant that someone's leaving despite the player NOT providing a definitive answer, and also completely disregarding the idea that someone can do a u-turn.
Forget the papers mate. I'm talking about our Manager telling us.
And yes, U turns can happen.

can-of-worms.jpg

Look at what I've gone and done.

There's a lot of assumptions there ^^^.

A 49% stake in the club; net spending kept down; stands aside from direct stadium involvement in the deal cut; no involvement at boardroom level.

It's as though he's here, but he's not here.

Place me in the 'not altogether convinced' column.

I'd never have guessed :bye:

Someone who could wheel and deal on the commercial side and give a massive financial injection in their first two seasons or so here to boost us a la City / Chelsea.

I think we know that isn't going to be Moshiri.

To hell with the rules!

If Everton had been taken over last year by Mansour we'd have seen a bigger net spend than £21M...FFP or not. They'd have found a way to significantly boost revenue streams. We have someone, imo, who has played on the straitjacket that our stunted commercial operation has on us in order to simply keep the player sale/tv cash plate spinning.

The stadium is a plan. Just that at the moment. Solid progress for me is a digger on site and breaking up concrete.

We could have had Mansour, but he "received no encouragement to proceed" when he contacted Everton.

Source? Mansour.

I meet him 4/5 times a year.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back