Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Clearly Moshiri's plan is slightly more long term (stadium, manager, director of football) than just splashing £300m on players to make us instantly competitive (which we all know he doesn't have the personal wealth to do).

But yeah - boo Farhad, you better buy Messi and make us win the league next season otherwise you're no better than Kenwright!

Not sure why Farhad would turn up today to the match specifically? I appreciate that he attends a handful of games at Goodson. Could be a coincidence that Chelsea in town or depending on the seniority of Chelsea delegates could be to talk about potential transfer activity?

Not sure why Farhad would turn up today to the match specifically? I appreciate that he attends a handful of games at Goodson. Could be a coincidence that Chelsea in town or depending on the seniority of Chelsea delegates could be to talk about potential transfer activity?

I would think it's down to the fact this was the penultimate home game - and we were playing the champions elect. Besides, hasn't both Moshiri and Koeman stated he "has two years left on his contract"?

Moshiri lives in London does he not? Where Chelsea and their delegates are based, he also doesn't do transfer dealings as far as I know, but if he did, surely it'd make more sense to meet in London where he lives and where they are based.

This thread is ace. Well played everyone. You tell him!

What utter kopites we're becoming. Yanks OUT.
do you think we will ever compete at that level? we are miles behind and that showed today, Moshiri can not make us competitive in terms of the likes of Chelsea etc, all he wants to do is make money from the cash cow that is the premier league, and Everton is his method for ensuring he gets a fat return on his wedge

do you think we will ever compete at that level? we are miles behind and that showed today, Moshiri can not make us competitive in terms of the likes of Chelsea etc, all he wants to do is make money from the cash cow that is the premier league, and Everton is his method for ensuring he gets a fat return on his wedge
Whilst I appreciate the guarded scepticism of all Evertonians I would be inclined to give him a little more time/benefit of the doubt than this.

Moshiri lives in London does he not? Where Chelsea and their delegates are based, he also doesn't do transfer dealings as far as I know, but if he did, surely it'd make more sense to meet in London where he lives and where they are based.
He does live in London you are quite right. How inconspicuous he would be meeting with Chelsea hierarchy in the sporting paparazzi capital is a question I would ask particularly with the profile given to Lukaku's apparent refusal to sign a new contract. Clubs do discuss potential upcoming business when they play each other and the last time we played Chelsea Lukaku had not stated to Koeman that he would not sign another contract. We are four weeks from season end so it was just an observation / question.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back