Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
I dont see an awful lot of rational assessment in the legion of "the Mosh will do this...and the Mosh will do that" comments, tbh.

I get that people are excited about a stadium move to the docks, but it's all at a very early stage and in the meantime it;s the same old same old at the club.

I don't think it is the same old, same old. A case in point is the Lukaku contract, his agent wanted and was ready to sign a 5 year contract, if the club added a transfer clause.

They refused to add the clause, the old regime imho would have added it, got the PR for signing a contract, then gone through the age old transfer saga, and then sold him.

New regime refused to add it, and have a more business minded approach imho. Ultimately, he may be sold, but it will definitely be under Everton's terms not the agents like in the past.

...this regime has only truly had one window taking account that they only came in last summer. I think we've made significant progress, I just don't see how you can blame this management team that these two players appear set on leaving.

If we're building a future and it's so obvious that the sky is the limit under the new regime...why are they not signing contracts?

He'll hand over the tv cash and the cash from player trading to build the squad, and he'll then get someone else to pay for a stadium.

That ^^^^ could all have been said about Kenwright's regime.

Except he didnt. Or couldnt.

Probably more of the latter.

Moshiri will, and can.

I don't think it is the same old, same old. A case in point is the Lukaku contract, his agent wanted and was ready to sign a 5 year contract, if the club added a transfer clause.

They refused to add the clause, the old regime imho would have added it, got the PR for signing a contract, then gone through the age old transfer saga, and then sold him.

New regime refused to add it, and have a more business minded approach imho. Ultimately, he may be sold, but it will definitely be under Everton's terms not the agents like in the past.
It's all spin. All sales manoeuvring.

Except he didnt. Or couldnt.

Probably more of the latter.

Moshiri will, and can.
He was nearer to landing a stadium than Moshiri is right now. A secretary of state's decision away from it becoming a reality. Under a different government - the one that came a year later - it'd have been rubber stamped.

He was nearer to landing a stadium than Moshiri is right now. A secretary of state's decision away from it becoming a reality. Under a different government - the one that came a year later - it'd have been rubber stamped.
And we would all be moaning about what a shed it is... I for one am glad we didn't move there...
We are getting a shiny new stadium at the docks.. be happy with that.. . If you can

Really? You know that?

You like to deal with facts. Fact is, it didnt happen.

Fact is now, it might. And yeah, I appreciate the dual standards!

If we're building a future and it's so obvious that the sky is the limit under the new regime...why are they not signing contracts?

...I suggest it's because they aren't prepared to wait. Young, ambitious footballers whose agents might well have been tapped up by more glamorous prospects than a work in progress Everton. You can make all the promises you want but words are nothing when you know Chelsea are keen on you.

Players want to leave clubs, players want to leave Everton. That's the reality regardless of what you say to them.

...I suggest it's because they aren't prepared to wait. Young, ambitious footballers whose agents might well have been tapped up by more glamorous prospects than a work in progress Everton. You can make all the promises you want but words are nothing when you know Chelsea are keen on you.

Players want to leave clubs, players want to leave Everton. That's the reality regardless of what you say to them.

As ever, Eggs knows.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back