Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
For starters he has not been here that long, But I can certainly see a foundation being set in place for the future. I get it you don't like the stadium plan but it's too early to come to any conclusions on it right now, my bet is it will go well and you won't be too unhappy with that Davek because despite your miserable tendencies you care deeply for this club. Now let's look at that statement, he clearly states he is committed to giving funds for future transfers, nowhere did he say when, maybe he is wanting other things in place before doing that and getting the stadium issue moving was a priority? Hopefully we will see money spent in the summer and it will quench your misery? Secondly a committment to retaining our best player is not really stating he will make them stay, we know he can't do that, but maybe he is committed to providing the means to make them more likely to stay, like better wages? In the end if players want to leave we can't really stop them even Man U, Chelsea and dare I say it the rs can't stop it from happening. I like your pessimism Davek, I think we should all be a weary of what lies ahead following the torcherous years of Kenwright, however I think Morshiri will get it right and if he's here to make money so be it, as long as it's on the condition of it improving this club.

You can give a spirited and intelligent defence of Moshiri in terms of his commitments made to us last summer: offering up qualifications and context on his behalf. But at the end of the day we can only judge by actions not words. This regime is not a failure, far from it. I'm not labelling it as such and I think a stadium promise will come good. HOWEVER, I do reserve the right to look at what he's done in the short term and judge it unimpressive. He has very skilfully used the media both social and MSM to project an image of himself as a man who is dynamically reshaping the fortunes of the club. Well not yet he hasn't. I've been round the block too many times to be seduced by the BS being spun.

Invest heavily in the squad.
Build a stadium.
Get the clubs revenue generation off tv cash life support.

Obviously they take time. But the first 14 months have gone by and there's been a lot of breast beating about change and there's not much evidence for it. At the very least all our attitudes should be that he's under scrutiny but with time to get the job he set out done. What he certainly should not be recieving are plaudits for what's happened so far.

Would you be disappointed if we were to sell Lukaku for 80m and buy a replacement striker more suited to Koemans style of play in the 50 to 60 ball park plus defender in the 20 to 30 ball park? That's before whatever amount is set aside for transfers is touched.
I'll be disappointed that we cant get those two players AND keep Lukaku...which is what Lukaku was driving at.

...that is your opinion, Dave. You can explain 'Project Everton' to these lads but they could well be looking for something more immediate rather than wait through a team building and ground move exercise. We need to get in a position where our best players want to stay and that won't be about promises, it will be about success. Until we are successful players will want to leave and building success will take more than a season.
Exactly. I agree. And that's the reason why there's been no fundamental change in our circumstances. No magic wand; no massively spending benefactor, just the long hard slog we had to get a stadium in place and a commitment to sell players and reinvest wisely and use the tv cash to attract better players (along with our peers) we had before Moshiri tipped up.

What he certainly should not be recieving are plaudits for what's happened so far.

I dont see plaudits mate. We have all been round the block remember, not just you.

But I do see progress. Albeit slow, (ground wise) by football fans standards.

I think its right to question and probe, after all, when all is said and done, he isnt an Evertonian. Not like we are.

But, imo, he is moving, or inching, the club forward in a way that a summer or Jan window disappointment wont derail.

I'll be disappointed that we cant get those two players AND keep Lukaku...which is what Lukaku was driving at.
What you're saying is of course what every blue dreams of and would want but I mean you'd be talking about a 150 million window there easily if that was the case. That's Man City money when they first got took over, there's restrictions now unfortunately & it's debatable if that would even be a wise business strategy for the club but maybe if we were to sell some dead wood it would be under 100.

I dont see plaudits mate. We have all been round the block remember, not just you.

But I do see progress. Albeit slow, (ground wise) by football fans standards.

I think its right to question and probe, after all, when all is said and done, he isnt an Evertonian. Not like we are.

But, imo, he is moving, or inching, the club forward in a way that a summer or Jan window disappointment wont derail.
I dont see an awful lot of rational assessment in the legion of "the Mosh will do this...and the Mosh will do that" comments, tbh.

I get that people are excited about a stadium move to the docks, but it's all at a very early stage and in the meantime it;s the same old same old at the club.

At risk of being vaulted in the future, there has. Massively.

Granted, it isnt tangible today, or next week probably. But the facilitation of this stadium stuff is a billion miles away from where we were 14 months ago.

Before Moshiri I never thought we had a chance of bridging the gap with the top teams and certainly not of moving grounds. I mean, never, no chance, will not happen.

Now I believe there is a chance these things could happen.

What you're saying is of course what every blue dreams of and would want but I mean you'd be talking about a 150 million window there easily if that was the case. That's Man City money when they first got took over, there's restrictions now unfortunately & it's debatable if that would even be a wise business strategy for the club but maybe if we were to sell some dead wood it would be under 100.

We have an awful lot of spare capacity in terms of wages at the club come the summer when the players on loan finally move on to add to those already left. If the will is there to keep hold of players AND spend to strengthen with very good quality then there's a way.

I dont see an awful lot of rational assessment in the legion of "the Mosh will do this...and the Mosh will do that" comments, tbh.

I get that people are excited about a stadium move to the docks, but it's all at a very early stage and in the meantime it;s the same old same old at the club.

I file those posts under "over excited internet folk" mate.

He wont lob £200m at a few players, even if we could under the rules, but, imo, he will support Koeman. He will facilitate the ground move, and ipso facto, he will place this club on a greater footing than we currently are.

Exactly. I agree. And that's the reason why there's been no fundamental change in our circumstances. No magic wand; no massively spending benefactor, just the long hard slog we had to get a stadium in place and a commitment to sell players and reinvest wisely and use the tv cash to attract better players (along with our peers) we had before Moshiri tipped up.

...this regime has only truly had one window taking account that they only came in last summer. I think we've made significant progress, I just don't see how you can blame this management team that these two players appear set on leaving.

I file those posts under "over excited internet folk" mate.

He wont lob £200m at a few players, even if we could under the rules, but, imo, he will support Koeman. He will facilitate the ground move, and ipso facto, he will place this club on a greater footing than we currently are.
He'll hand over the tv cash and the cash from player trading to build the squad, and he'll then get someone else to pay for a stadium.

That ^^^^ could all have been said about Kenwright's regime.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back