Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Well we'll see how many key players we lose this summer...one at least, because that's where the bulk of the transfer war chest is coming from.
Would you be disappointed if we were to sell Lukaku for 80m and buy a replacement striker more suited to Koemans style of play in the 50 to 60 ball park plus defender in the 20 to 30 ball park? That's before whatever amount is set aside for transfers is touched.

Most people expect at least one to. And that's down to manager and owner not making staying attractive enough.

...that is your opinion, Dave. You can explain 'Project Everton' to these lads but they could well be looking for something more immediate rather than wait through a team building and ground move exercise. We need to get in a position where our best players want to stay and that won't be about promises, it will be about success. Until we are successful players will want to leave and building success will take more than a season.

Last summer was an unmitigated disaster, well, not quite, but a bloody waste of an opportunity. Me, I put it down to a poor performance by the board, Moshiri, whoever.

If they dont learn from it, then poor. If they do, then, well, lets see.

I think that's a bit harsh tbh. I think it was a really tough job to make the club sound attractive after the Martinez debacle and Koeman wasn't keen on spending on dross. What he did buy made us better and each time he does improve us that gets us closer to convincing the better players. The days of changing things overnight are long gone unfortunately.

Farhad knows he needs a statement signing.
He has to raise the profile of the club to nail down the investment
Making our club a better known name worldwide will only speed up and enchanted his plans.
Rooney is not the statement we need to make ,although if on a free or a nominal fee and a realistic wage I think it would be a good signing.
But I agree one big 50/60 million signing to make the football world ( and Lukaku) sit up and take notice is needed.
An aside of the Rooney thing
It would be up Rooneys street to come on in a derby at Mordor with 10 mins to go and score a last min winner in front of the Kop

Lets see what key players come in eh?
Hopefully 5/6 and a few to go to clear out the rest of the dross
Cleverly , Naisse , Geri ,McGeady Lennon , McCarthy ( due to the Ireland debacle ) Mori Tarashaj should raise about 80 million between them
I can see Koeman being ruthless this window and demanding the promises that were made to him when he joined are kept

Hopefully 5/6 and a few to go to clear out the rest of the dross
Cleverly , Naisse , Geri ,McGeady Lennon , McCarthy ( due to the Ireland debacle ) Mori Tarashaj should raise about 80 million between them
I can see Koeman being ruthless this window and demanding the promises that were made to him when he joined are kept
Even when we sell all that dross you'll still have the "sell to buy" biffs piping up.

Even when we sell all that dross you'll still have the "sell to buy" biffs piping up.
If Moshiri sticks another 80. /100 million into the kitty that'll rattle their cages.
I'm not big into net spend as long as the squad improves but this window I can see a couple of statement signings , one or two freebies and a couple of top quality ready for the first team youngsters coming in
Then again I could be totally and utterly wrong.
It is Everton after all and that's one thing I've learned in supporting Everton for 50 years.
On another thread we were all going FIFA. 17 and Football Manager till someone said
Remember deadline day last summer
Valencia on loan
Puts it all into perspective.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back