Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Last summer was an unmitigated disaster, well, not quite, but a bloody waste of an opportunity. Me, I put it down to a poor performance by the board, Moshiri, whoever.

If they dont learn from it, then poor. If they do, then, well, lets see.

It was always going to be tough, we had to make everyone believe we were going to be a top team after 2 years of going backwards. Probably inside players minds West Ham were a team most likely to hang on to coattails of the big guns. You can't really blame them for not all running to Everton.

We needed an early hit to get things going and perhaps we went too ambitious to start with. (that and the late starts for both Walsh and Koeman)

So now we look at that business we did, not including getting the manager and director of football, we managed to sign what many see as the best alternative to a Kanté in Gana. Williams is a better defender at the moment than Stones. Bolaise we can't really comment on as he wasn't playing in a settled side.

Anyhow fast forward to the winter window and we manage to bag Schneiderlin and he so far marks our biggest statement signing todate. Along with the emergence of Davies and our league position and the fact we are not a million miles of the CL spots it's not been a shabby year.

Hopefully with European football and a side now close to the big teams we may get that snowball effect that we failed to capture last summer.

He was nearer to landing a stadium than Moshiri is right now. A secretary of state's decision away from it becoming a reality. Under a different government - the one that came a year later - it'd have been rubber stamped.
And if for no other reason all all Evertonians should vote Labour in June.
Come on Dave surely you recognise we had a close shave there , we nearly ended up in a pre-fab shed on an out of town shopping development, see Bolton Wanderers & Derby County etc.
Chalk and cheese compared to what is being planned for now.

You can give a spirited and intelligent defence of Moshiri in terms of his commitments made to us last summer: offering up qualifications and context on his behalf. But at the end of the day we can only judge by actions not words. This regime is not a failure, far from it. I'm not labelling it as such and I think a stadium promise will come good. HOWEVER, I do reserve the right to look at what he's done in the short term and judge it unimpressive. He has very skilfully used the media both social and MSM to project an image of himself as a man who is dynamically reshaping the fortunes of the club. Well not yet he hasn't. I've been round the block too many times to be seduced by the BS being spun.

Invest heavily in the squad.
Build a stadium.
Get the clubs revenue generation off tv cash life support.

Obviously they take time. But the first 14 months have gone by and there's been a lot of breast beating about change and there's not much evidence for it. At the very least all our attitudes should be that he's under scrutiny but with time to get the job he set out done. What he certainly should not be recieving are plaudits for what's happened so far.
Plaudits? Not sure that's what he is really getting, it's more that people are excited for what the future may hold, and to be fair if you started watching supporting Everton after the 80's you can hardly blame them. Yes he should be under scrutiny and yes he should not be getting held aloft like some kind of saint, but we should hold off on our summations of what he is until he has been given a fair chance to deliver. All I know is there hasn't been this much excitement surrounding Everton since the 80's, yes it's an unknown but that's all part of it.

He'll hand over the tv cash and the cash from player trading to build the squad, and he'll then get someone else to pay for a stadium.

That ^^^^ could all have been said about Kenwright's regime.

Kenwright's regime had years to get someone else to pay for a stadium and didn't manage it. I agree very little has actually been achieved but even things like tarting up Goodison would not have happened before Moshiri. We know this because they didn't happen.

Moshiri hasn't achieved much yet, but at least what he wants is ambitious. Kenwright's regime couldn't even be ambitious in their aims.

He was nearer to landing a stadium than Moshiri is right now.

whK3Fw.gif

He was nearer to landing a stadium than Moshiri is right now. A secretary of state's decision away from it becoming a reality. Under a different government - the one that came a year later - it'd have been rubber stamped.
correct me if I'm wrong.. but we never actually bought any land in Kirby did we?? We have bought the docks .....

But yeah Kirby was closer to becoming real...

Really? You know that?

You like to deal with facts. Fact is, it didnt happen.

Fact is now, it might. And yeah, I appreciate the dual standards!
Yep, fact. The Tory government that came in a year later relaxed all planning regulations on major projects in order to boost building. And they wouldn't have given a monkeys about the squabbling amongst politicians in the area or their councils, which are all mostly Labour.

...I suggest it's because they aren't prepared to wait. Young, ambitious footballers whose agents might well have been tapped up by more glamorous prospects than a work in progress Everton. You can make all the promises you want but words are nothing when you know Chelsea are keen on you.

Players want to leave clubs, players want to leave Everton. That's the reality regardless of what you say to them.
Then a commitment shouldn't have been offered about keeping them.

And if for no other reason all all Evertonians should vote Labour in June.
Come on Dave surely you recognise we had a close shave there , we nearly ended up in a pre-fab shed on an out of town shopping development, see Bolton Wanderers & Derby County etc.
Chalk and cheese compared to what is being planned for now.
I opposed it. But that doesn't detract from the fact BK had us all but a signature away from a new stadium.

Plaudits? Not sure that's what he is really getting, it's more that people are excited for what the future may hold, and to be fair if you started watching supporting Everton after the 80's you can hardly blame them. Yes he should be under scrutiny and yes he should not be getting held aloft like some kind of saint, but we should hold off on our summations of what he is until he has been given a fair chance to deliver. All I know is there hasn't been this much excitement surrounding Everton since the 80's, yes it's an unknown but that's all part of it.
...wich is what I've been doing here. The attitude seems to be though that if you aren't blown away by his BS then you're a Luddite.

...you can only do your best to keep them. In Lukaku's case I understand he's been offered a contract much bigger than any in the club's history. As RK keeps pointing out, it's up to the player if he wants to sign.
As I said to Roydo earlier: you keep Lukaku by bringing in class players and getting a serious challenge for 4th off the ground. A big pay rise is the cheap option.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back