Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Net spend more money out than in.
Putting negative net spend makes it a double negative therefore more comes in than goes out.

Or something...
yes, in a revenue minus cost of goods gross profit derivation, negative expenditure would be akin to revenue (ie your goods/services supplier paying you :Blink:)

DerbyshireAndHarper aka No to Blue union on twitter put me on ignore I see, what's he doing now defending lack of transfer activity I suspect. While we're knocked back by qpr and Cuco is on the brink he can't help but adore the mosh..

I ask all of you what has Moshiri done to make you continue to accept crap? You can't think 7th is good?

You lot who still think it's Bill and Bob's fault need to wake Up, it's like going into a pizza store and you get rude person serving you, so you don't question who employed them and in elstones case promoted them. But question the staff directly. SEE the wider picture

DerbyshireAndHarper aka No to Blue union on twitter put me on ignore I see

Whoa whoa whoa... I'm not 'No to Blue Union' on Twitter! Where's that nonsense come from???!!!

I've supported the Blue Union at times, disagreed with them at other times. I marched with them against Kenwright back in 2011 and have attended a few of their meetings over the years.

I'm not 'No to Blue Union' in any way, and certainly haven't got a Twitter account called that.

You need to get your facts straight mate. @FABlue

As for your other nonsense about Moshiri, get a grip mate. He's made the biggest difference to our club since the Moores era and done more for us in 18 months than Kenwright did in 18 years.

It's June 2nd, judge the transfer activity at the close of the window - not 12 days after the season has ended.

For those trying to take me to task @ham2 I posted this in this thread back on May 20th:

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/farhad-moshirì.85442/page-1742#post-5468736

The actual facts show that, as things currently stand, under Moshiri, we have a positive net spend of £25.6m. This is £17.6m if you include the Cleverley sale, which technically hasn't happened yet. Still a very substantial amount, considering the likes of LFC have a £10m NEGATIVE net spend during the same time period, just as a comparison. It's a total myth that Moshiri hasn't spent money. In fact it's not just a myth, it's stupidity to think that.

Deals done since Moshiri came in February 2016 (so basically, the last two windows, summer 2016 & January 2017):

Players signed (Fees reported in hyperlinks):

Martin Steklenberg £1m
Idrissa Gueye £7.1m
Ashley Williams £12m
Yanick Bolasie £25m
Dom Calvert-Lewin £1.5m
Ademola Lookman £11m
Morgan Schneiderlin £24m

Total spent £81.6m

Players sold:

Tim Howard £1m
John Stones £47.5m
Bryan Oviedo & Darron Gibson £7.5m

Total recouped £56m

Positive net spend of £25.6m.

Now if you want, we can add the sale of Tom Cleverley to this for £8m (even though it hasn't happened yet and won't happen until July 1st).

That's still a net spend of £17.6m on players by Moshiri since February 2016.

Them's the actual facts mate.

Anything else you've written are 'mights' and 'could be's just to suit your negative agenda of what you think might happen under Moshiri.

The reality thus far has been very different.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Also back on January 31st I posted about LFC's £10m negative net spend:

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/january-transfer-thread-2017.92578/page-1680#post-5235478

For those trying to take me to task @ham2 I posted this in this thread back on May 20th:

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/farhad-moshirì.85442/page-1742#post-5468736

The actual facts show that, as things currently stand, under Moshiri, we have a positive net spend of £25.6m. This is £17.6m if you include the Cleverley sale, which technically hasn't happened yet. Still a very substantial amount, considering the likes of LFC have a £10m NEGATIVE net spend during the same time period, just as a comparison. It's a total myth that Moshiri hasn't spent money. In fact it's not just a myth, it's stupidity to think that.

Deals done since Moshiri came in February 2016 (so basically, the last two windows, summer 2016 & January 2017):

Players signed (Fees reported in hyperlinks):

Martin Steklenberg £1m
Idrissa Gueye £7.1m
Ashley Williams £12m
Yanick Bolasie £25m
Dom Calvert-Lewin £1.5m
Ademola Lookman £11m
Morgan Schneiderlin £24m

Total spent £81.6m

Players sold:

Tim Howard £1m
John Stones £47.5m
Bryan Oviedo & Darron Gibson £7.5m

Total recouped £56m

Positive net spend of £25.6m.

Now if you want, we can add the sale of Tom Cleverley to this for £8m (even though it hasn't happened yet and won't happen until July 1st).

That's still a net spend of £17.6m on players by Moshiri since February 2016.

Them's the actual facts mate.

Anything else you've written are 'mights' and 'could be's just to suit your negative agenda of what you think might happen under Moshiri.

The reality thus far has been very different.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Also back on January 31st I posted about LFC's £10m negative net spend:

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/january-transfer-thread-2017.92578/page-1680#post-5235478
In fairness, Schneiderlin was an initial 20(?)il, Lookman 7.5mil. The figures you have quoted depend on certain criteria being met, and are not recognised in the accounts until they are achieved.
Point still stands, and there is also the argument that about 7.5mil of the Stones money was Barnsley's, not ours.

That we are still here after 1 year even discussing tightassing with our Board says it all really.
He has this Summer to prove himself. I think the supporter base, while happy with the Stadium issue if the financing is in place, will turn on him as we won't be any better on field despite all the fluff spoken.

In fairness, Schneiderlin was an initial 20(?)il, Lookman 7.5mil. The figures you have quoted depend on certain criteria being met, and are not recognised in the accounts until they are achieved.
Point still stands, and there is also the argument that about 7.5mil of the Stones money was Barnsley's, not ours.

Also forgot to conveniently mention record TV money and wages saved by the loans out the club, he's also forgot to mention LFC won't have a neg spend in few weeks while they complete signing of salah according to sky and that - 10 net spend already been halfed by that chelsea lad- anyway who cares about LFC

Also he got his posts in early before we sell key player and forgot to mention imminent sales of Geri possibly Mccarthy Lukaku etc. Doesn't matter he will still exonerate the fraud at end of window of selling to buy.

That we are still here after 1 year even discussing tightassing with our Board says it all really.
He has this Summer to prove himself. I think the supporter base, while happy with the Stadium issue if the financing is in place, will turn on him as we won't be any better on field despite all the fluff spoken.

3 Windows he's had how many does he need? writing is already on the wall this window when Cuco is our first signing while city spend 100 m already.

If we're serious about this new era spend some money on decent players

Give him/Walsh until August.
When he come in there was some ambiguity and journos was fed the 100m warchest story, now people don't want to backtrack and look silly so keep giving out excuses to remove him of blame, most common one is the majority shareholders hands are tied (despite him having option to buy around 75%) and keeping elstone and Bill isn't his fault and despite doing due diligence.

Think you'll find what I posted is the truth. Unless you have some alternative facts you want to share with me.

LFC have spent roughly £70m and recouped £80m in the same time period that Moshiri has been at EFC.
Soz pal i was agreeing with you, not as up on the fiscal side of things as you & others on here but on the whole i think moshiri is good news for OUR club

When he come in there was some ambiguity and journos was fed the 100m warchest story, now people don't want to backtrack and look silly so keep giving out excuses to remove him of blame, most common one is the majority shareholders hands are tied (despite him having option to buy around 75%) and keeping elstone and Bill isn't his fault and despite doing due diligence.
That will all blow up if they fail again this window.
Give it until August mate.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back