Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Apparently he's a very clever man, with a clever plan and who knows clever people. I'm not arsed about how clever all these people are, tbh. It's just the general churn of these things. The concrete reality of a stadium is the only thing of importance.

I say we are miles off and that it's going at way too slow a pace.
@davek go on, pick us an investor..

I can't wait to see who you would like running the club...you spout tosh at every opportunity.

If he hadn't invested, we wouldn't be looking at a prime city location, a designer with ambition (yeah, I know you think hes dead unprofessional for putting out positive tweets), a more stable club with improved revenue and debts managed.

Do you really think he hasn't a long term plan? Are you that naive?

Yes, he will make money, but I tell you this, we are in a much better position than 2 years ago.

I am convinced the man wants the stadium, he needs Everton to make money. When Everton get bigger and he makes more money I'm happy, because it's relevant.

Otherwise, I would like you to suggest investors who are going to plough money in to Everton without return.

Sitting here with baited breath......

Even if he builds the stadium on the dock, keeps us as best of the rest and sells us for a pretty profit down the line, (as long as he finds someone who isn't utterly clueless - Villa/Leeds/Fulham/Swansea/Sunderland etc.) he would have done more than we could have hoped for before he turned up.

Farhad has already said when he was at Arsenal that there is a way to invest in a team and build a new stadium, he enables this to happen here through a long term financing deal but some people are still not happy. I would guess he would fulfil the second part of this by ensuring there is money to put in to the team.

People are putting the cart before the horse with what can be done player wise. We need quality but there aren't hundreds queuing up to come to Goodison. It takes time to build a reputation, we have not got a Sheikh to bank roll unlimted spending. If we spend more than we have and are not immediately successful we could easily do a Leeds.

No one is happy that we can't get the players we all want now, but there are understandable reasons for this. Moshiri has brought hope that we can move closer to getting these though, we just need a cup win or a few other teams to have some problems to really kick start the whole project.

Last edited:
The day Moshiri took over at Everton, i was very worried, why?? because i just couldn't understand the 49% of shares acquired. I was on my way to Ireland and was in the airport when the news broke. I called a good Evertonian friend who gets good information from inside FF. And he said....... He's just here for the stadium, that's all hes here for, build a stadium and sell his shares for huge profit....

I have to admit, at the time i wasn't having it, but as time go's on it looks as if this could be true. That cloud headed T**t kenwright is obviously still in charge.

nothings has changed here.......

What many fail or refuse to understand is that even Sheik Mansour or Abramovich would have to do things differently if they had taken over City or Chelsea under the current FFP rules. Constant comparisons to what happened at these clubs are meaningless.

Indeed.

FFP was not about levelling the playing field.....it was a small coterie of rich clubs pulling the ladder up and using UEFA to protect their hegemony.

Farhad Moshiri? ........already improved Everton in his little time here. We have gone from depressing to somewhat exciting. Just think expectations are skewed...we are not able to compete with Man City, Chelsea. Man Utd because they have already become Global teams. We will not realistically be able to get 11 world class players in. Step by step careful and prudent we have to go and not gunho. Plot of land bought for a new stadium but still fans have doubts so will do there best to tarnish Moshira and convince all that he is a fraud without foundation (I don't know why). Sponsorship deals already improved. We haven't signed world class players despite the transfer window still firmly shut and some take the rags literally to suit an agenda. I think people should lay off and realise we are not a new Chelsea or Man City but grasp the fact that we are now in a better position overall than we were before he came.

It's a case of wait and see before speculative and mischievous judgement.

The day Moshiri took over at Everton, i was very worried, why?? because i just couldn't understand the 49% of shares acquired. I was on my way to Ireland and was in the airport when the news broke. I called a good Evertonian friend who gets good information from inside FF. And he said....... He's just here for the stadium, that's all hes here for, build a stadium and sell his shares for huge profit....

I have to admit, at the time i wasn't having it, but as time go's on it looks as if this could be true. That cloud headed T**t kenwright is obviously still in charge.

nothings has changed here.......

but if he was doing that surely he would have bought 100 % to make even more profit ?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back