Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
He replaced a man who got us 5th with a man who got us 7th
A lick of paint and a bit of gravel was mustered under previous failed regimes
It (a stadium at the docks) gives us potential to grow...which is miles off being realised.

As said: keep your eye on the serving up of the steak not the sizzle.

Martinez got 11th and 13th you didn't mention it and made it like he got 5th for 3 seasons. The best thing Moshiri has done was the decision to sack the utter clown RM.

Apparently he's a very clever man, with a clever plan and who knows clever people. I'm not arsed about how clever all these people are, tbh. It's just the general churn of these things. The concrete reality of a stadium is the only thing of importance.

I say we are miles off and that it's going at way too slow a pace.
I share your frustration, but don't you feel the delay is more to do with the location? With LCC acting as a guarantor the funds should be in place, but there are many other obstacles to overcome. Furthermore, due to two failed previous ground moves, maybe kenwright and the board are ensuring everything is in place before an announcement is made.
You can be critical of the board in some aspects, but I feel the ground move to be one of their most significant steps in taking the club foraward.

Davek.webp

I share your frustration, but don't you feel the delay is more to do with the location? With LCC acting as a guarantor the funds should be in place, but there are many other obstacles to overcome. Furthermore, due to two failed previous ground moves, maybe kenwright and the board are ensuring everything is in place before an announcement is made.
You can be critical of the board in some aspects, but I feel the ground move to be one of their most significant steps in taking the club foraward.
I dont, tbh.

I see talks about contracts and 'the architecture of a clever deal' and vague tweets about capacities from outsiders and talk of consultation exercises. I see nothing tangible though.

I'm not saying it wont get done eventually, I'm saying that if there is no meaningful sign of the thing coming together then it shouldn't be marked down as 'proof' that this feller Moshiri is doing a good job.

And there is plenty of evidence, though not actually concrete, literally, to more than suggest that things are proceeding at a pace that is quite normal for a development of this size and complexity.

Honestly. I have seen this stuff in my previous life. I showed you!
If you think you're ever getting through to him with facts and evidence you're wrong. He's entrenched. Dug in. And he's not listening to anybody. This is how fundamentalism works.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back