Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Which vastly improves our credit rating, which allows LCC to do that guarantee thing, (window shopping in reality,) which means big property investors are suddenly very interested in what we have going on.

So, yeah an accounting trick on one hand, but an incredibly important one on the other. (And one that only a Billionaire can underwrite)
The possibilities that brings has to be realised for it to be something rather than nothing.

I restate: this feller has done NOTHING so far.

all that matters is world class players on the pitch, anything else is pointless
How is everything else pointless. We could buy the best players. Do you think that oaf Martinez would have them up near the top of the table? Do you think having a fantastic new stadium being built is pointless? Sorting out long term debts which have hindered this club for decades? Pointless? Eesh...

You act like an interest free loan of 80m is "nothing", its a pretty big thing David.

It allowed us to shift a Clown on and recruit a 9 times trophy winner.
It gave us freedom to give Goodison something more than a lick of paint for once.
It gives us a platform to grow.
He replaced a man who got us 5th with a man who got us 7th
A lick of paint and a bit of gravel was mustered under previous failed regimes
It (a stadium at the docks) gives us potential to grow...which is miles off being realised.

As said: keep your eye on the serving up of the steak not the sizzle.

Screenshot_20170603-171225.webp

A lick of paint and a bit of gravel was mustered under previous failed regimes
It (a stadium at the docks) gives us potential to grow...which is miles off being realised.

As said: keep your eye on the serving up of the steak not the sizzle.

I didnt mention a new stadium David, I was talking about merely the 80m interest free loan and what it allowed us to do, we havent been able to do anything with regards Goodison for years due to the terms of the loans we had secured on it. So whilst im not claiming he has turned into the Camp Nou overnight, the Old girl certainly looks a bit brighter.

Im currently dealing in only what you can touch, in the past I have been guilty of giving credit where it hasnt been warranted it, but I personally dont see how somebody could claim Moshiri has done nothing, whilst ignoring the so many positives to somebody giving us an 80m interest free loan, its pretty big stuff David.

As for going forward, my eyes are narrowed and im waiting patiently, lets hope the bed wetters dont win this battle, lets all hope the good guys win this war.

I will indulge you.

I will try and address each of your points.

With regards to the fabulous era, I will concede ive seen very little to suggest thats true, as for being further behind, well thats going to take time, the new stadium would help with that, in the long term, short term we need to grow the cashflow within the club, which we have already started doing.

I think the STs sales are partly down to a feel good factor around the club, very sensible pricing and yes, to a degree, partly down to some very good PR on behalf of Moshiri.

No, we arent able to attract world class players, we have no CL and we arent a United who is able to throw money at world class players without CL, plus in Uniteds case, we have never played in the CL proper and havent won a single pot for 20+ years, so no, we cant attract world class players.

As for him and Alis intentions, they are pretty clear, to make as much money as possible, theres 2 ways to do that, bleed the club feed it on scraps and let it die, bank the parachute payments and koff on a boat to the med or build the club a new stadium, invest in the club on and off the field, grow into a real force and sell it for a MASSIVE profit, so far the signs point towards the growing of the club.

As for pre-season, our first real game will be at the end of July, our first Premier League game will be in August, there is of course a desire to get the players in early, so ideally we should be doing a LOT of business this month, but its really not panic time as of yet, lets revisit some of these points in September, when maybe we will have a better idea of how pathetic the club is.

I moved your post in here.
nice reply, its frustrating that there has been no attempt to create a positive up turn on the playing side, one statement of intent, i.e. recruitment of a world class player, beating Man U to someone like Keane would really make a difference, stuff like that would stop players like Sandro coming out with i am in no rush statements and maybe think " I wanna be part of that" instead he is playing Witsel like games and the reality is if Atleticos transfer ban had of been lifted he would already have signed for them, right now we should be publicly declaring we have withdrawn our offer and he can effin well stay at malaga. fed up of accepting second best and letting average players walk all over us

I didnt mention a new stadium David, I was talking about merely the 80m interest free loan and what it allowed us to do, we havent been able to do anything with regards Goodison for years due to the terms of the loans we had secured on it. So whilst im not claiming he has turned into the Camp Nou overnight, the Old girl certainly looks a bit brighter.

Im currently dealing in only what you can touch, in the past I have been guilty of giving credit where it hasnt been warranted it, but I personally dont see how somebody could claim Moshiri has done nothing, whilst ignoring the so many positives to somebody giving us an 80m interest free loan, its pretty big stuff David.

As for going forward, my eyes are narrowed and im waiting patiently, lets hope the bed wetters dont win this battle, lets all hope the good guys win this war.

Take a peek in the Stadium Thread mate.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back