Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
nice reply, its frustrating that there has been no attempt to create a positive up turn on the playing side, one statement of intent, i.e. recruitment of a world class player, beating Man U to someone like Keane would really make a difference, stuff like that would stop players like Sandro coming out with i am in no rush statements and maybe think " I wanna be part of that" instead he is playing Witsel like games and the reality is if Atleticos transfer ban had of been lifted he would already have signed for them, right now we should be publicly declaring we have withdrawn our offer and he can effin well stay at malaga. fed up of accepting second best and letting average players walk all over us

Like it or not mate we are currently on the outside looking in, we arent considering a big club, sorry, but we arent, we are thought of fondly, as a club with a rich history, but in 2017, to most players, our history means ZIP, sure the 1s who sign, they appear to love it here, once Everton touches you.......... But players arent gonna go for a club that gives them a warm glow, they want CL, they want exposure, they want big fat sponsorship deals and a bird who sucks like a Dyson and looks like a sex doll.

So its going to take time, a long, long time sadly, we need to grow the club and we need to make our name ring out, we need people to think "Yeah, Everton, they seem a club on the up".

Is Moshiri the man to do that? Watch this space.

Like it or not mate we are currently on the outside looking in, we arent considering a big club, sorry, but we arent, we are thought of fondly, as a club with a rich history, but in 2017, to most players, our history means ZIP, sure the 1s who sign, they appear to love it here, once Everton touches you.......... But players arent gonna go for a club that gives them a warm glow, they want CL, they want exposure, they want big fat sponsorship deals and a bird who sucks like a Dyson and looks like a sex doll.

So its going to take time, a long, long time sadly, we need to grow the club and we need to make our name ring out, we need people to think "Yeah, Everton, they seem a club on the up".

Is Moshiri the man to do that? Watch this space.
he said himself at the agm "Everton is in danger of becoming a museum, we have to win" time to show some intent and make us winners

I didnt mention a new stadium David, I was talking about merely the 80m interest free loan and what it allowed us to do, we havent been able to do anything with regards Goodison for years due to the terms of the loans we had secured on it. So whilst im not claiming he has turned into the Camp Nou overnight, the Old girl certainly looks a bit brighter.

Im currently dealing in only what you can touch, in the past I have been guilty of giving credit where it hasnt been warranted it, but I personally dont see how somebody could claim Moshiri has done nothing, whilst ignoring the so many positives to somebody giving us an 80m interest free loan, its pretty big stuff David.

As for going forward, my eyes are narrowed and im waiting patiently, lets hope the bed wetters dont win this battle, lets all hope the good guys win this war.
It continues to be £80M debt. If at some point he capitalizes that then he merely makes his share of the cake when he sells it that much bigger.

This feller is not a patron. He's a man here to make money whilst minimising his exposure to risk.

It continues to be £80M debt. If at some point he capitalizes that then he merely makes his share of the cake when he sells it that much bigger.

This feller is not a patron. He's a man here to make money whilst minimising his exposure to risk.

Spot on.

And as I explained to you in PM a few weeks ago, the de risking of the whole thing makes the whole thing more likely to happen.

He replaced a man who got us 5th with a man who got us 7th
A lick of paint and a bit of gravel was mustered under previous failed regimes
It (a stadium at the docks) gives us potential to grow...which is miles off being realised.

As said: keep your eye on the serving up of the steak not the sizzle.

This cant be allowed to go on, we need to Blue union to get a march going!!

Spot on.

And as I explained to you in PM a few weeks ago, the de risking of the whole thing makes the whole thing more likely to happen.

Apparently he's a very clever man, with a clever plan and who knows clever people. I'm not arsed about how clever all these people are, tbh. It's just the general churn of these things. The concrete reality of a stadium is the only thing of importance.

I say we are miles off and that it's going at way too slow a pace.

Apparently he's a very clever man, with a clever plan and who knows clever people. I'm not arsed about how clever all these people are, tbh. It's just the general churn of these things. The concrete reality of a stadium is the only thing of importance.

I say we are miles off and that it's going at way too slow a pace.

And there is plenty of evidence, though not actually concrete, literally, to more than suggest that things are proceeding at a pace that is quite normal for a development of this size and complexity.

Honestly. I have seen this stuff in my previous life. I showed you!

Commercial deals: the kit sponsors indicate this is not a much greater deal than the Chang deal.

Biggest kit sponsor deal we've ever had, three-fold increase by all accounts.

The stadium is the commercial development which is really going to change our fortunes.

On the pitch: we have a tiny net spend.

Keep banging the net spend drum if you want. I prefer to look at the squad and the results. We finished the season 14 points better off than the previous season and, to my eyes, made a massive improvement on the pitch.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back