Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Why not Giroud? Good target player. Great in the air. Good touch. Lacey wingers on either side...

What about Bony ? Sure he's not been the same since he joined City and was never really given a chance on loan at Stoke, but his Swansea record shows he's good enough at this level

Tide seems to be turning against him a bit now.

Phil McNulty also having a go, along with the Echo.

Time to start acting on them words, Farhad, or does Jim White have an update to tell us from you?

Yep, the update is he has planning approval granted, finance package approved and his 49% stake sold for double his money to shanghai money corp

What about Bony ? Sure he's not been the same since he joined City and was never really given a chance on loan at Stoke, but his Swansea record shows he's good enough at this level
I don't know. Never hear about Giroud not giving his all or being malcontent (whispers about Bony). I am not an expert. I just want Everton to improve. Giroud (proven or someone similar) plus a player from another league with potential I think would be ideal.

What's the betting once rom is sold we read about phantom bids for players so the board have the excuse of we tried
I'd expect real bids for players after the sale of Rom but we have so many positions to fill we'll still go in well below asking price to try and eke everything out of Rom's transfer cash. I expect the claims of big money offers for top players to come after the window closes.

I posted the following on 06 August 2016. I was called a bedwetter but I'm profoundly sorry to say it's looking very likely I was right. I still think we're far better off with Mosh but he's clearly engaged in some 'good salesmanship'.

"The claim that we have a £100 million summer transfer budget first emerged a couple of days after Moshiri invested. Now, with one week to season kickoff, we’re short of that spend by around £92m. So what’s the story? Here’s one possibility.
Moshiri, like many successful people, is a good salesman. He needed to convince a protective BK and a reluctant RK so he exaggerated the transfer kitty. He principally envisions a player trading model so targeted Koeman and Monchi who are both highly experienced in that. He will provide funds but it will be in line with his reputed wealth of £1.3 billion which puts him around mid-table in the owner’s league.
So how would he explain a much lower spend than expected? Simple. Make enquiries / offers for unobtainable expensive stars while negotiating hard for lower level ones expecting to land at least one marquee and some budget players before deadline. ‘We tried very hard but don’t yet have the status to land these stars,’ would follow. With RK’s neck on the chopping block I expect he’ll push hard to spend most of what’s there. It has to be noted that we do lack pulling power but this can be ameliorated by providing substantial financial incentive i.e. signing RK himself.
I hope this isn’t true, and we won’t have a real idea until September, but if it is true I’d expect the following.

Publicity: Interest in top stars i.e. Draxler
Net Spend: Less than £40m
Signings: No Carvalho, Koulibaly or Draxler
Marquees: One (Witsel or Mata)
Maybe 2 if Stones goes
If Stones + Lu go a low, or negative, spend
Aftermath: Failed bids for big names leaked"

Good to see blues waking up to this utter fraud

A lot of blame must also rest at Kenwrights feet, he waited how long to land us with this imposter

I posted the following on 06 August 2016. I was called a bedwetter but I'm profoundly sorry to say it's looking very likely I was right. I still think we're far better off with Mosh but he's clearly engaged in some 'good salesmanship'.

"The claim that we have a £100 million summer transfer budget first emerged a couple of days after Moshiri invested. Now, with one week to season kickoff, we’re short of that spend by around £92m. So what’s the story? Here’s one possibility.
Moshiri, like many successful people, is a good salesman. He needed to convince a protective BK and a reluctant RK so he exaggerated the transfer kitty. He principally envisions a player trading model so targeted Koeman and Monchi who are both highly experienced in that. He will provide funds but it will be in line with his reputed wealth of £1.3 billion which puts him around mid-table in the owner’s league.
So how would he explain a much lower spend than expected? Simple. Make enquiries / offers for unobtainable expensive stars while negotiating hard for lower level ones expecting to land at least one marquee and some budget players before deadline. ‘We tried very hard but don’t yet have the status to land these stars,’ would follow. With RK’s neck on the chopping block I expect he’ll push hard to spend most of what’s there. It has to be noted that we do lack pulling power but this can be ameliorated by providing substantial financial incentive i.e. signing RK himself.
I hope this isn’t true, and we won’t have a real idea until September, but if it is true I’d expect the following.

Maybe 2 if Stones goes

Seems like you had him figured out from the off

Maybe 2 if Stones goes

Scarily correct

Maybe 2 if Stones goes
548661c97e3e9d6700adab6e1baa9020ddf8c9e463227c92153f5c9f526a782c.jpg

Maybe 2 if Stones goes

This is the bit you missed off :

Even if this is the case, we still have new investment and a better manager with the possibility of a successful player trading model in the future so there’s plenty to be optimistic about. It does have one obvious effect though. The probability of a Docks stadium isn’t good as Moshiri will use his salesmanship to elicit the most favourable deal utilising public money and minimising his own expenditure making Stonebridge Cross the likely outcome.
Bullet, Aug 6, 2016

But honest question here, do you change your sheets hourly or just sleep in it?

Maybe 2 if Stones goes

You posted a lot more sense than some of these so called non bedwetters. Im not p#@$*%@ myself yet but lets see by september. Im giving him these 3 months to prove himself. Thats 3 windows in all. Im not having this spend to sell malarky . It wont get us into top 4. No different ti last 30 years.Mosh needs to invest his 100 mill on top of the income from sales for us to have a decent go at top 4. That prob isnt going to happen so im predicting ill be buying adult pampers in august. Until then ill try to keep it in

Time to step up. No more excuses. No sell to buy please. This summer is delivery time.

We tried right up to the deadline, we just couldn't get the big deals over the line. Hence no net spend.
January is a bad time to buy. Give him til next summer..

That will be the narrative I reckon.

This is the bit you missed off :

Even if this is the case, we still have new investment and a better manager with the possibility of a successful player trading model in the future so there’s plenty to be optimistic about. It does have one obvious effect though. The probability of a Docks stadium isn’t good as Moshiri will use his salesmanship to elicit the most favourable deal utilising public money and minimising his own expenditure making Stonebridge Cross the likely outcome.
Bullet, Aug 6, 2016

But honest question here, do you change your sheets hourly or just sleep in it?
I got almost everything right about the war chest claims far in advance of most but I was wrong about the ultimate choice of stadium location I'm delighted to say.
Honest question from me what do u believe now as u seem to have swung back and forth?
From memory, you aggressively attacked anyone who questioned the war chest last summer then seemed to suffer a crisis of faith in Feb when you proclaimed 'it's all smoke and mirrors'.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back