Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
@davek on top form this morning. His keep net must be quite full. In a cartoon world I compare him to..
latest.webp

Meanwhile, if we haven't announced a significant incoming early in July, I'll be expecting the usual summer of let down re transfers.

Think" we should all cancel our ST, because it all seems pointless, Elstone a joke Mosh a fraud, Koeman not up to it, Walsh a waste of space, oh and Kenwright, nothing down for him, new stadium is an illusion , and the woman behind the bar at the PE is a miserable bitch.

What exactly have we won with Stones, Barkley and Lukaku? They don't want to play for Everton, so sell them to the highest bidders and buy a new bunch of players. Spurs didn't end up too bad after selling their star players.

And I don't think Stones and Barkley are (or were) our best players.
Bad comparison - we haven't won anything for over 20 years full stop.

Something at the club stinks, from top to bottom.

No vendettas. I just see a phony owner and a mediocre manager.

That is the reality of the situation I'm afraid.

lol lol lol your are ridiclous. If they are those things what the hell was/is kenwright and Martinez then?

No wonder I have you on egnore you never have nothing good to say about Everton and never will go and follow something else

It seems to have gone under the radar, but Everton cleared the second part of the RMF charge yesterday. My belief is this is the part of the charge relating to 17/18 basic payment.
So other than Barclays, the JG Funding charge is the only one on the books, and unless a deed of variation has been done (which I doubt), this can only relate to the rump payment of TV rights for 16/17.
My feeling is that given the borrowings figure shown on the back-drop at the GM of 20+ mil, there is money due to RMF (formerly JG).
The reasons I'm interested in this are that it would appear that this funding model is being done away with (this would have to happen in 18/19 anyway), but where is the alternative funding coming from?
To me the possibilities are sales proceeds with reduced transfer spend (bear in mind that you have to pay off the debt and keep the amount required for funding, so double- whammy), an authorised regulated lender is put in place(Barclays) or Farhad Moshiri puts more money in.
Don't know which (if any) of the 3 it will be though.

No vendettas. I just see a phony owner and a mediocre manager.

That is the reality of the situation I'm afraid.
In the general sense right now, i think you have a point about the owner, but then this summer is the marker as to whether that is true or not.

For all we know Walsh could bring in 3-4 players he has spent 12 months scouting and they turn out to be really good for the team. similarly the club could back up the manager and sign him some actually quality players with the huge windfall coming in. Admittedly the net spend might not be negative if we get some of the fees being mentioned, but that is still 100 million or so invested into the first team, you would hope we do some good with it.

It seems to have gone under the radar, but Everton cleared the second part of the RMF charge yesterday. My belief is this is the part of the charge relating to 17/18 basic payment.
So other than Barclays, the JG Funding charge is the only one on the books, and unless a deed of variation has been done (which I doubt), this can only relate to the rump payment of TV rights for 16/17.
My feeling is that given the borrowings figure shown on the back-drop at the GM of 20+ mil, there is money due to RMF (formerly JG).
The reasons I'm interested in this are that it would appear that this funding model is being done away with (this would have to happen in 18/19 anyway), but where is the alternative funding coming from?
To me the possibilities are sales proceeds with reduced transfer spend (bear in mind that you have to pay off the debt and keep the amount required for funding, so double- whammy), an authorised regulated lender is put in place(Barclays) or Farhad Moshiri puts more money in.
Don't know which (if any) of the 3 it will be though.

Usually they come in around Auguest / September don't they? But yes it will be very interesting to see if Moshiri continues with these loans, which if I remember correctly were mainly to cover cash flow inbetween TV payments?

Have to agree with you here Dave.

I am still giving Moshiri the benefit if the doubt but I have to agree that Koeman appears little more than an average manager to me.

And this time next year I can see the same sort of contract renewal wrangle going on with him as we are having with Barkley right now.

Either he will have done well next season and be stalling on signing a proffered new contract....or not having done well and trying to push the club into giving him an extension.

We keep getting promised big things and nothing changes.

After the rom sale we'll be a net spend of nothing. Happy to float around 7th spot and wondering why lukaku didn't want to stick around and play with the mediocrity.

We've had chance after chance to spend big and bring in a big name - same as city when they had no champs league - offer the money and they will come.

Every day that passes I'm more convinced he's here for the stadium return and that's it.

Usually they come in around Auguest / September don't they? But yes it will be very interesting to see if Moshiri continues with these loans, which if I remember correctly were mainly to cover cash flow inbetween TV payments?
Hi mate.
The whole point is that the charge that has been cleared related to next years (17/18) basic payment and the "stabiliser payment" for 16/17. Basically these charges cover income spanning about 21 months from the date of registration.
The PL announced a while back that this model of funding had to be changed from 18/19 to a regulated lender, the reason they used 18/19 being the time lag in the charge imho.
The JGF charge (now RMF) is still registered as either there is money outstanding to RMF, or EFC "forgot" to discharge it. I think the former the most likely tbh.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back